This page uses content from the Moctesuma Esparza biography page on the English version of Wikipedia and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. This list of authors can be seen in the page history. Rotten Tomatoes disclaims any and all warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of the content.
Moctesuma Esparza (born March 12, 1949) is a first-generation Chicano producer and filmmaker.
Childhood and education
Esparza was born and raised in East Los Angeles, California.
He studied theatre arts, motion pictures and television at UCLA, where he received his B.A. in 1971 and M.F.A. in the same field in 1973. He has produced many films and also donates his time to various worthy causes.
- Walkout (2006) (HBO)
- Gods and Generals (2003) (executive)
- Price of Glory (2000)
- Introducing Dorothy Dandridge (1999) (executive, made for television)
- Selma, Lord, Selma (1999) (executive, made for television)
- Butter (1998) (executive, released on video as Never 2 Big)
- Rough Riders (1997) (TV) (executive)
- The Disappearance of Garcia Lorca (1997)
- Selena (1997)
- The Avenging Angel (1995) (made for television)
- The Cisco Kid (1994) (TV) (executive)
- Gettysburg (1993)
- The Ambulance (1990)
- The Milagro Beanfield War (1988)
- The Telephone (1988)
- Radioactive Dreams (1985)
- The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez (1982) (made for television)
- Only Once in a Lifetime (1979)
- Agueda Martinez: Our People, Our Country (1977) (producer)
- Member, Board of Trustees, California State University (2004-2008)
- Chair of the Board, New America Alliance (2000-03)
- Co-Founder/Board member, National Association of Latino Producers
- Founding member, Cesar Chavez Foundation (2002- )
- Corporate Board of Directors, Motion Picture Television Fund
- Advisory Board, National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Board of Directors, Museum of Latin American Art
- Founder, Los Angeles Academy of Arts and Enterprise Charter School
- Board of Advisors, Minority Media Telecommunications Council
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify the biographical information on this page under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.