This page uses content from the William Phillips biography page on the English version of Wikipedia and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. This list of authors can be seen in the page history. Rotten Tomatoes disclaims any and all warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of the content.
There have been a number of people named William Phillips:
- William Phillips (pirate) (16??-1724) was an English pirate.
- William Phillips (General) (1731-1781) was an Artilleryman and General Officer in the British Army who served as a Major General in the American Revolutionary War.
- William Phillips (geologist) (1775-1829) as a British mineralogist who the founded the Geological Society of London.
- William Phillips (diplomat) was the first American ambassador to Canada
- William Phillips (baseball) was a Canadian baseball player
- William Phillips (economist) was a New Zealander known for the Phillips curve and Moniac hydraulic computer
- William Phillips (director) is a film director of movies such as Foolproof
- William Phillips (writer) was a writer, literary critic and founder of the Partisan Review.
- William Addison Phillips (1824â??1893), American lawyer and politician
- William D. Phillips is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist, specializing in laser cooling of atoms.
- William T. Phillips (1863â??1937), American author
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify the biographical information on this page under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.