Critic Review - JoBlo's Movie Emporium

Just another mediocre fantasy flick, but if you enjoyed the books, I'm sure you'll enjoy the film.

July 6, 2010 Full Review Source: JoBlo's Movie Emporium | Comments (9)
JoBlo's Movie Emporium

Comments

Gabriel Perez

Gabriel Perez

Actually, I disagree. If you enjoyed the books you'll hate this because of how far away it strays from them.

Nov 11 - 11:31 PM

Gede Nugraha

Gede Nugraha

i'm with Gabriel P. i'm really disappointed by the movie because of how far it strays from the book.

Nov 12 - 05:10 AM

Jose Cruz

Jose Cruz

So true, SO TRUE!

Dec 28 - 10:29 PM

Nathaniel Tolbertsmith

Nathaniel Tolbertsmith

No. No, I hated the film with a passion almost unheard of. It wasn't just that it was a crappy movie, it twisted the books out of such proportion that i do not know how they will do the second one

Nov 21 - 05:02 PM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

the books ruin the movies cause it would either be crap or shit, but seeing the source material, its asshit

Sep 2 - 07:58 PM

Augie Bottorf

Augie Bottorf

My god. This movie SUCKED. The book was waaay better. It doesn;t follow the book, it isn;t funny in the least, Lerman is a bad actor, for some reason all the chracters are 4 years older than normal, URGH

Feb 2 - 08:35 PM

Jeremy Herriff

Jeremy Herriff

Quite the contrary, This movie's portrayal of the book is almost as bad as the Film version of Eragon, which is really saying something. I loved the Percy Jackson series, and this movie absolutely murdered it. The plot is subtracted from, added to, and at times COMPLETELY changed. Horrible

Jun 14 - 08:19 PM

Chris Bacon

Chris Bacon

I just watched it and haven't read the books so forgive my ignorance- how was the plot changed? I thought it would be a little less small scale and include the gods fighting each other or something, rather than what we got. It was an ok film I thought overall; it was kinda bad and I probably won't watch it again, but it wasn't terrible.

Jul 24 - 12:56 PM

Nicholas McGraw

Nicholas McGraw

If you enjoy the books you want to boycott the next film

Jun 25 - 06:51 PM