63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Criminal Reviews

February 18, 2014
Si te gustan las películas de estafas esta es tu pelicula. Bien argumentada, bien desarollada, la trama te va llevando, se puede ver.
July 6, 2007
Didn't know what it was when I had begun watching it, but, by the end - I had found it was a pretty good movie.
October 30, 2013
Reilly and Luna does the needly to make a worthwhile scam story.Deserves a chance.
October 9, 2013
Nueve reinas (nine queens) which is the original version of this film, is WAY better than this one, the company that is responsable for this remake, denied Fabian Bielinski (Original writer and director) enter the set to help ( free ) to help with the adaptation of the movie, and the characters were completely out of situation in this one, A good movie, but could be 100% better.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

March 21, 2013
I really, really, really think that EVERYONE should see this film. It was one of the most entertaining films I've watched all year. In a world where only morbid/ depressing movies are considered excellent and plot less, big-budget films rule the box-office it is nice to see a smaller budget film that has fun with itself.

The cast in this film is superb. Diego Luna especially gives a great performance. He is endearing, lovable, enthusiastic, and intelligent in his portrayal of "Brian." It was nice to see him in this context and I personally believe that he thrived in the part. He is an excellent actor and i have to admit that I am now a fan.I almost always guess the "surprise" ending in movies that claim to have one, but this film still has me wondering how i didn't get it. Do yourself a favor and see this movie!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to tell you the plot because I don't trust myself not to give anything away. If you enjoy caper/mystery/ entertaining movies go see this one. 3/1/2 Stars 3=21=13
October 19, 2012
Con-man film with a twist. The whole plot against Richard seems to involve too many people to be that successful. But it is fun to watch nevertheless.
January 30, 2010
"Criminal" is a decent heist film with a clever plot and a number of unexpected twists throughout the progression of the story (especially the twist at the end). Despite the film's immediate jump into its plot, it moves at a slow pace for most of the movie. Fortunately, the story never gets boring because of the film's short 87-minute runtime. I was unimpressed by Maggie Gyllenhaal (looks like a weirdo) and John C. Reilly (can't take him seriously), but Diego Luna brings life to the film. It cannot compare to movies like "Ocean's Eleven" or "The Italian Job" but this movie is entertaining and I'd see it again.
September 7, 2012
The long con perfected.
August 19, 2012
john c reilly is good in this worth a viewing.
May 18, 2012
good movie, but totally unnecessary remake. watch nueve reinas instead.
April 27, 2012
Solid conman movie. The switcheroo ending is fairly predictable for anyone familar with these kind of movies but the characters are vivid enough that the film doesn't rely on its plot alone. John C Reilly in particular does great work in the lead.
March 29, 2012
Not as good or convincing or well-cast as the original!
February 11, 2012
Good movie, and yes I'll have 15%
September 10, 2011
Well acted, especially by John C. Reilly and Diego Luna (I just wish Jonathan Tucker had had a bigger part in it). The story was decent with some surprise twists and clever ideas, but the film was somehow lacking. Not a bad film, just not exceptional.
David S

January 24, 2012
I like con films. I'm a big fan of 'Ocean's Eleven' (the remake), 'Duplicity', 'The Sting' and the TV series 'Hustle' so I was always going to like this one. Of course knowing that it is a con film you are expecting a big twist towards the end but I must admit I didn't quite work this one out. I haven't seen the original ('Nine Queens') but I thought everyone was good in this one and it was an enjoyable 1.5 hours.
January 3, 2012
This was a well thought out, entertaining, and smooth film about a money heist. I would put this in my top 100 movies.
December 4, 2011
I don't find John C. Reilly good in this on. Watch Matchstick Man instead, much better.
Stephen E

November 29, 2011
People have said that "Criminal" doesn't compare at all to the film that it's based on, "Nine Queens." For a lot of them, that's their reasoning for giving it a negative review. I say, who cares? What if you haven't seen the original? And since when does the caliber of a remake depend on how alike it is to the original, especially if the original is a foreign film? Appreciate it for what it is.
stevetheman1236
stevetheman1236

November 14, 2011
I really like Criminal. It's such a fun film, and those are awfully hard to come by nowadays. I honestly don't see why people give independent films such crap. Most of the ones that I've seen have been fairly good, with a couple even being fabulous. Criminal falls roughly in between the two.

What I liked the most (besides the wonderful cinematography) was the lead performance from John C. Reilly. What an actor! In my opinion, Reilly is one of the most underrated actors of his time and it's not entirely his fault. This generation of people see him as the "funny guy next to Will Ferrell". Because of this, his talent is grossly overlooked. I, for one, think that he is a fabulous actor and all of his performances have such depth. His performance is the most attractive part about this film. He plays the sleazebag Richard Gaddis, a man who is consumed by insatiable greed. He will do anything to get his hands on money. It's a character that I'm sure a lot of people can relate to.

The story unfolds nicely and not as predictably as one might think. There are some clever twists and turns, and while it's not the most original piece of work out there (it was adapted from an earlier French film), it sure manages to entertain. Hell, this one of the best films I've seen a long time. A film that can not only entertain, but make me appreciate the talent involved, is a true treasure, and Criminal is just that.
October 29, 2011
This is one of those con men movies. They start off showing their con skills and how they can convince people to do things or con people into giving them money or paying for their bill at a restaurant or gas station. Then, like most con movies they have to find the big score.
For almost the entire movie I thought that they were going to turn on each other. Also, the movie didn't seem genuine. When the guys were in the shady business man's hotel room and his associates were shredding documents they weren't using a more secure cross-cut shredder. You would think if one was attempting to conceal their secrets they would use a more secure shredder, but the ending solved that issue in my head. The ending answered many of my concerns that the movie didn't feel like a real con man movie. It had a feeling of a quirky con movie and both guys weren't exactly experts at the con business, but the ending solved that issue.
The movie is worth a watch.