Ultraviolet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ultraviolet Reviews

½ April 15, 2016
I strongly disagree with the critics on the Resident Evil series, which I find fantastically entertaining and for what they intend to be, very adept. But unfortunately, a good thing only goes so far in the movie world. Ultraviolet is the worst of the Resident Evil series, blended with copycat Matrix bits and a suffocating dose of Japanese stylization. The results are bland and extremely confusing. At times, it's shameful just how bad Ultraviolet's CGI is. All too often, the best sequences are cut away from, likely due to budget and effects issues. It's a real shame too. The cutting shot that Ultraviolet takes at radicalism of all forms is admirable and in the right light, it could have been something, or at least entertaining. As is, it's hard to even admire Jovovich, one of my favorite female action stars. Not worth your time or your pawn shop dollars, as it turns out.
March 15, 2016
This show was very interesting. Milla is compelling. The killing looks more like dance or poetry as the movie takes you through a comic book feel in a dystopian world full of metaphor and masonic and Christian symbolism.
½ November 19, 2011
Watched the first 15 minutes, pants.
½ February 7, 2016
God what a disaster, can see this shit anymore!
February 2, 2016
I like this movie a lot. It's entertaining and fast paced. The acting could be better but I liked it because of Milla Jovovich and the action scenes. I've seen better movies but this is 100% eye-candy to me and hey, I like what I like.
½ January 24, 2016
Whatever this was supposed to be, or what it might've been in it's original form, I don't know yah, but what's up on the screen finally is no less than a blatant style steal from The Matrix, and its that without any of the supporting scripting fills to prop it up or fill it out. I'm a fan of Milla J. but this was a chore to endure.
½ October 27, 2015
11,- and 90 min. of my life I will never get back.
August 21, 2015
This would have been better off as an animated video, rather than a live action. The CGI was poorly executed and the plot was overly used and very lazy. I fell asleep trying to watch this.
½ June 22, 2013
Ultraviolet makes Ĉon Flux look like Citizen Kane.
August 10, 2015
A film that we all knew would be terrible and it sure was just that, the story is old and has been done so many times, the action was poor and pretty lifeless the effects were terrible, poor acting and the script felt like it was written by teenagers its silly and corny it feels like a cheap PS2 game, the only reason it has a full star is because i have a soft spot for milla jovovich and i think she was only in it for the easy pay check.
½ July 4, 2015
This is a stylistic, stunt/action movie. Milla Jovovich's performance as an ass-kicking, live-by-the-sword, bad ass makes this movie worth watching. The sci-fi tech/fights are cool too. The movie relies too much on CGI which at times comes off as cheap looking, and the plot was thin at best. If you are into these types of movies you will enjoy it, if you want depth this might not be for you.
January 29, 2012
Can I say something good about this cyberpunk scifi movie? I don't think so actually. Maybe only the changing-colour dresses or the weapons that can be made appear from I don't know where at need are very good, but nothing more. The cgi is terrible, and I also had the doubt that was a choice to make it so bad, and not because the technician didn't manage to create a good one. But if this is the case it would twice as terrible, because in the late 2000 you can't create a movie like this with an early '80s cgi.
½ May 24, 2015
Incoherent action scenes, generic characters, laughable effects and unwatchable filters. Only things going for it is It's somewhat slick directing and Jovovich.
March 7, 2006
Good action and special effects but yet again a story we have seen already.
½ May 8, 2015
Absolutely top notch science-fantasy with a unique visual style that makes an all time fav of mine and my daughter's.
½ June 8, 2006
One of the worst films I've ever seen!
April 4, 2015
Pretty good movie. Hoping there is a sequel. It feels like it finish.
March 19, 2015
Unabashedly stylish, almost campy at times. The motorcycle chase sequence was certainly a bridge too far but a lot of the fights work quite well - at least as brain & eye candy. (And really, what more does one want from a film like this?) I actually found myself drawn to the lonesome badass, Violet. There's one scene where she succumbs to grief and despair that moved me more than happens in most jaunts of this type. It's probably just as well that it didn't do well enough to get a sequel, but this picture ranks high on my "guilty pleasure" list and I know I'm not the only one.
½ December 10, 2014
Second time around with this one. I still liked it but I still don't understand it in full. Lots of action and fast paced.
½ January 25, 2015
With Milla Jovovich's full effort. and with stylised action sequences. Cannot save this laughable dialogues.
It does however have a strong performance from its supporting character Garth (William Fichtner)