Ultraviolet Reviews

½ July 4, 2015
This is a stylistic, stunt/action movie. Milla Jovovich's performance as an ass-kicking, live-by-the-sword, bad ass makes this movie worth watching. The sci-fi tech/fights are cool too. The movie relies too much on CGI which at times comes off as cheap looking, and the plot was thin at best. If you are into these types of movies you will enjoy it, if you want depth this might not be for you.
January 29, 2012
Can I say something good about this cyberpunk scifi movie? I don't think so actually. Maybe only the changing-colour dresses or the weapons that can be made appear from I don't know where at need are very good, but nothing more. The cgi is terrible, and I also had the doubt that was a choice to make it so bad, and not because the technician didn't manage to create a good one. But if this is the case it would twice as terrible, because in the late 2000 you can't create a movie like this with an early '80s cgi.
March 7, 2006
Good action and special effects but yet again a story we have seen already.
March 19, 2015
Unabashedly stylish, almost campy at times. The motorcycle chase sequence was certainly a bridge too far but a lot of the fights work quite well - at least as brain & eye candy. (And really, what more does one want from a film like this?) I actually found myself drawn to the lonesome badass, Violet. There's one scene where she succumbs to grief and despair that moved me more than happens in most jaunts of this type. It's probably just as well that it didn't do well enough to get a sequel, but this picture ranks high on my "guilty pleasure" list and I know I'm not the only one.
½ June 22, 2013
Ultraviolet makes Æon Flux look like Citizen Kane.
½ January 25, 2015
With Milla Jovovich's full effort. and with stylised action sequences. Cannot save this laughable dialogues.
It does however have a strong performance from its supporting character Garth (William Fichtner)
½ January 12, 2015
le néant absolu, la nullité a son apogée...dans le top 10 des bouzes ultimes
December 22, 2014
Not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. It's watchable, entertaining and has a great central character (Violet) brought to life by Milla Jovovich, who delivers a solid performance. The downside is that some of the special effects are crap, the action sequences are badly choreographed and the dialogue is clichéd and cheesy.
In conclusion, Ultraviolet is an inventive, watchable, action/sci-fi flick, that will only appeal to a certain audience. 6/10
November 11, 2014
This movie has great production design and therefore looks really good. Other than that, it's a complete waste of time.
October 23, 2014
I don't get why people take this so seriously, It's easy Step 1. Switch off brain; Step 2. Enjoy.

How is it so different from a lot of high budget blockbusters? A lot better than many modern blockbusters. Plus I bought mine for £1.00 Win-Win Situation.
½ October 4, 2014
You might scoff at my 2.5 stars, as bad as this movie is. The bottom line is this: I was entertained somewhat by it's two redeeming qualities- The production design and fight scenes are really cool, and Milla Jovovich is SO insanely hot as Violet... Her looks alone wouldn't have been sufficient but she has an awesome presence and a talent to entertain. Outside of that, Ultraviolet is so ridiculously stupid it's comical.
September 8, 2014
Holy fuck this was bad
½ February 12, 2010
(First and only viewing - Spring 2006 in theaters)
August 1, 2014
Awesome Jovovich flick!
July 21, 2014
Just like the rays the title describes, "Ultraviolet" is bad for you & you will feel burned. & why must Milla Jovovich imitate Selma Blair w/ that hair? Incidentally, the director was also in the forgettable new "Flipper" series (w/ also starred Jessica Alba).
March 24, 2013
Colorful, scintillating and blooming... Milla is stunning as an action leading actress... For me, this is enough as a technical action/fantasy and sci/fi motion pic...
November 8, 2009
I like it, I really do. Maybe because it's different(and I like movies whose distinctive) or maybe because of the good Sci-Fi storyline I don't know, but what I do know is that it's good. (if I really have to say something less good about it, it would be that I really didn't understand why day had to be on that playground when 6 was dying, but I love mysteries so.. not that I likek't that 6 was dying, but that was part of the story,) see the movie than you'll understand what I mean(I hope.)
January 9, 2014
The CGI effects put my off the off!!
½ January 9, 2014
Half of the action looked like a bad videogame. It's premise was interesting, but fell flat before I even bought the ticket.
January 18, 2014