Swimming Upstream

• On DVD:    Mar 21, 2006
  • Hoyts Distribution

Swimming Upstream Reviews

Jamie B ½ August 7, 2012
it is a really good but sad movie.
Melody M ½ April 13, 2012
Having strength to do something - to practice and put your heart into it every day - even when your own father pits you against your best friend - your brother. And success. A beautiful true story.
sweetonepiper sweetonepiper ½ May 18, 2010
it is a really good but sad movie.
jamilyn0276 jamilyn0276 July 13, 2009
Oh the things you will sit and watch when you can't sleep. ...
Swimming Upstream is the coming of age tale of a 17 year old boy from Rhode Island. Star of the soccer team, Dead mother, alcoholic father, can't get his girlfriend to deflower him, and then he finds out he has Leukemia. Don't worry, it's gets all " After School Special " for a second, and then he pulls through.
I like to watch B rate movies. Sometimes the B can stand for Brilliant or Bright, or the Best thing you have seen in awhile. Unfortunately for this waste of film, the B seemed to stand for Boring and just plain BAD.
We all remember Ben Savage from Boy Meets World. He was sort of cute in that show, and he is sort of charming in this film. That is the half of a star. The rest of the cast, seriously needs to reconsider if acting is what they are best suited for. Michael Moriarty, who is usually a decent actor, bored me to tears as Morris Sr. He was so monotone and flat, that I thought I was back in Algebra II with that horrid teacher who liked to put kids to sleep, rather than teach. Yuck.
I think half of the people on Flixster must be high. Some of the reviews on this page actually said that this was a good and sad movie. On what planet?!
Oh and the page is completely wrong. Surprise, surprise. This movie was released in 2002, not to be confused with the movie from 2003, that has the exact same title, Swimming Upstream, about the Australian swimmer Tony Fingleton. THAT movie starred Geoffry Rush, David Hoflin, Deborah Kennedy, and Brittany Brynes. The only correct actor on this movies Flixster page was Ben Savage. He should be up there with Matt Czuchry, Michael Moriarty, and Kelly Rutheford.
Seriously people, pull your heads out of your asses, before you try to wax intellectual on things. Not that is really matters, THIS Swimming Upstream is still a huge failure.
NadineMc NadineMc September 16, 2007
Aww I liked this flick
swimgirly444 swimgirly444 June 19, 2007
this movie is sad and if you dont swim then you wont understand it
Trinity C ½ June 17, 2007
This is actually pretty good.
xsuhanax xsuhanax May 26, 2007
this movie seems to be very good iam dieing to see it
flavin106 flavin106 May 6, 2007
the main kid in this is now on house i think. hottiiiieeee
tarahcay tarahcay April 13, 2007
I have never even heard of this movie whats it about!
poohbeariscute poohbeariscute February 8, 2007
this ovie is also sad, i cried in this movie, i love it though.
mightbemightnot mightbemightnot ½ January 27, 2007
I like this movie its sad and cool
liannea1995 liannea1995 ½ November 13, 2006