Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) Reviews

michael e.
½ December 28, 2010
they take the animation very seriously with this film and the end result is a pretty entertaining film thats not saying it was good but it had enough cheese factor to keep me watching
3niR
½ March 1, 2010
The movie seemed a little bit rushed to me. It's basically a good one for the kids. And the character "Maltazard" reminded me of "Voldemort" from Harry Potter. It's watchable. I like Freddie Highmore's accent. He always seems decent and into this sorta movies. Cute kid.
February 5, 2010
I thought that it was inventive and from going to animation from real life was a real cool treat! It seemed like it was going back and forth into two different movies theatres but seeing the same conecpt in animated form, which was a really cool effect!
September 14, 2009
Nice kids film this! Although most of the story is pinched from lots of other fairytales and legends and the actors voices don't quite match the characters, its a nicely made film. I cant help but wish Mr Besson would start making adult movies instead though (Not those kind of adult movies!)
ajaymuthecooldevils
½ April 18, 2007
Luc Besson make a pretty good movie that combines the real world and the animation world... The animation itself was pretty good, yet the story was easy to understand and enjoyable to be watched... Freddie Highmore shows his quality as the most shining young star right now I think... Not just he was pretty good in acting, but he was great in lending his voice to an animation movie... It's been a pretty nice movie to be watch by the family...
deano
March 5, 2007
Fantastic and dazzling new combination of live-action and ground-breaking CGI technology in this magical tale. The Minimoys, a tiny people living in harmony with nature, were cute even Princess Selenia looked so beautiful. Totally original, hilarious and happy ending.
aliyanto
½ November 9, 2007
Not bad for a combination of animated & realistic characters. Quite long not watching this kind of movie!
October 28, 2007
A bit of fun. I had no idea of there were so many star-power voices until the credits.
thefog1331
½ June 29, 2007
Luc Besson doing a kids movie?! It might sound like a bad idea but this was actually a surprisingly entertaining family film with great voice-over performances from Madonna, Jimmy Fallon and especially David Bowie.
cobaein
½ January 15, 2011
you may call this Child movie, but The meaning in this movie are for STOP Destruction on our planet... maybe you cannot save a huge forest, but you could start saving your backyard or frontyard to a nice green view...
August 10, 2010
Served well by his inspired lunacy in crafting the deliciously intoxicating sci-fi/fantasy guilty pleasure The Fifth Element, director Luc Besson has smartly honed his obvious gift for designing trippy alien landscapes and their unique backstories on a family franchise. Fantastically inventive, Arthur and the Invisibles certainly demonstrates a richness of these impressive trappings, meaning it has the potential to delight even the brattiest of children?but it ultimately proves to be an over-abundance of riches, a wealth that could potentially make the audience a bit bratty.

Based on Besson?s children?s book ?Arthur et les Minimoys,? this PG-rated story follows a ten year boy (Highmore) who, in an effort to secure a treasure that will save his grandmother?s (Marrow) house from being demolished, ventures to a world where the inhabitants are a tenth of an inch high.

Though not wholly original (think The Secret of Nimh meets TV?s The Littles), Besson?s Minimoy world is buoyed by the writer/director?s laudable infusion of his signature smart-alecky humor. Better yet, the winning characters responsible for voicing these gems are piped by celebrities who-although overly marketable (Madonna, Snoop Dogg, David Bowie)-perfectly fade into the beautifully-animated elfin landscape. This goes doubly so for Highmore, who does awesome turns in both live action and cartoon form. Besson, however, overworked himself. There is simply too much exposition and backstory to effectively accommodate the running time. What should be a breezy thrill-ride turns into a frenzied rush to cram it all in, causing a number of the film?s seminal moments to become anti-climatic.

Bottom line: Better off invisible.
½ December 27, 2006
Actively atrocious.
January 6, 2007
Lively, enjoyable CGI comedy that has plenty of wondrous visuals but a fairly dodgy script. The voice acting is rather lazy, and the live action parts pretty much blow. I did not hate it one bit, though-- I know, right?!

Either way, this one's for kids-- and it's not insulting to them, nor to you. You will probably be just a wee bit bored.
½ September 13, 2008
What a waste of talent. Whats the point of having all these actors in your film if you don't use them? Everything is so rushed the animation is sub par. Also the relationship between Selenia and Arthur unnerved me, if they are the same age in the world of the invisibles why is she developed, she looks like something from a video game, oversexed with a tight waist and he looks like a little kid. the whole thing just felt weird. The story was predictable goonish, same old, same old, I expected more from Luc Besson.
½ December 30, 2007
A really cute movies - the live action and animation were equally well done - the cast of voices was also excellent!
April 1, 2013
Had it been that I was rating this movie based solely on the animated parts, I would have given it one or two stars. The animation is nothing spectacular and the plot is lacking. But the live action parts with Freddie Highmore and Mia Farrow are adorable, and make the rest of it worth sitting through. This isn't something I would want to see again, but the little bit of live action makes it tolerable at least.
June 14, 2012
not a bad movie, parts are pretty funny like when they are dancing on the disc. It's well made the storyline is abit weird at times though.
April 6, 2012
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I saw it in the theaters with my friend, Kim, and thought it was really good. She even gave me a nickname from it. I am now also known as a mini minimoys. Yea it pretty much RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this movie was hilarious and they should totally make another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 1, 2012
I could of sided with people that hated this but I actually liked it. It was a mixture of different things. Very noticable for kids but if you ride with it and know that's who it's really made for it is really enjoyable. I watch movies for enjoyment, so that is mainly what I look for. This was a fun watch, and the special effects were really good. Worth checking out.
June 9, 2011
One of the best animation movies I have seen in years, great storyline and a good cast with an awesome sense of adventure.