—— The Identical Sep 05

Last Holiday Reviews

movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Super Funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Queen Latifah is indeed the queen!
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A really great film! Very funny! A must see!
Richard C

July 21, 2010
C
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

December 17, 2009
Queen Latifah, yum! Going to Europe, spending all da money, ballin'!
Bobby H

April 16, 2008
Funny, kind of romantic, and shows you that some of the things in life you might think are important probably are not. It's a film to help you apperciate the little things. It's a good flick to watch.
Negatives: It's typical, not very orginal, and predictable. I pretty much knew exactly what was going to happen right when it started.
Still it's fun to watch and worth your while.
jjnxn
jjnxn

May 7, 2007
charming
Leigh R

November 9, 2006
Queen Latifah dominates this character. Fantastic. LL Cool J is so freakin' hot...
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Not bad. A little out there but fun to watch.
Sophie B

April 6, 2006
I like more action in my films!
James A

May 28, 2006
It was like a bad 80's movie minus the comedy.
Jose Z

March 16, 2006
I thought this was going to be a funnier movie.
the talent of Queen Latifah is way too wasted in this movie, and also you cant have and actor so important like Gerard Depardieu with a secondary role. and LL Cool J acting job is terrible.
But not all is bad, the landscapes are beautiful.
Fascade F

March 25, 2007
An amazing film. In this business you have got to re-invent yourself to appeal to everyone and Queen Latifah and LL Cool J have done just that. A wonderful film.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

April 30, 2011
Queen Latifah plays Georgia Byrd, a quiet, single, New Orleans woman who works as a sales representative in the cookware department of a local department store. She's always dreamt of a better life, as well as attracting the attention of her sexy co-worker, Sean Williams (LL Cool J) but when she finds out that she has three weeks to live because of a terminal brain disorder, her world comes crashing down.

Faced with her own upcoming mortality, she cashes out her life's savings and decides to take the trip of her dreams, to the Grandhotel Pupp in Europe to live her last three weeks of life to the fullest.While she's there she meets her idol, a world famous chef (Gerard Depardieu), charms her way into the hearts of a U.S. senator (Giancarlo Espisito,) and a congressman (Michael Nouri) and gets revenge on her sleazy boss (Timothy Hutton in full Disney-villain mode).

Queen Latifah gives it her all, and does succeed in carrying the majority of the picture while LL Cool J is good as her love interest.
zeravenyoej
zeravenyoej

April 12, 2007
Queen Latifah deserves better.
Andrew F

May 8, 2006
I was definately surprised at how good this movie was. But the end was too cliche.
Sunil J

September 1, 2007
A silly premise with a lot of laughs and a lot of heart. Just a really sweet movie.
Maymay A

March 16, 2010
"She always thought she was somebody... and she was."

An effective feel-good flick. It's just that it's something I would not remember much. It has nothing very special. But, it's nice. It says that you should always have the guts to turn the possibilities into realities.
whosinthenews
whosinthenews

April 29, 2009
Wayne Wang...never heard of him.
Juli R

January 1, 2009
Queen Latifah almost but not quite rescues this movie. The script is farfetched and not in a fun way. I would not watch it again unless I was bedridden and/or ill.
sjcole4
sjcole4

April 22, 2008
This was pretty bad, and a little too unbelievable for me...