Yet Another "Fletch" Possibility

Frankly I've lost track of how many actors and filmmakers have been attached to a new "Fletch" flick. But the latest possibility is pretty intriguing ... especially if you're a big fan of NBC's "The Office."

Yep, the latest potential "Fletch" is none other than John Krasinski, better known as the VERY funny Jim Halpert on "The Office." According to the MTV Movies Blog, the young actor is definitely in the running for the part.

"I have no idea [if they'll cast me]," the 27-year-old actor grinned. "I've been shooting a movie down in North Carolina, so I've kind of lost touch with who [else] is in the running ... I read the script, and it is hilarious. It's just one of those things that is so terrifying, to step up and be in a role that was done so perfectly."

JK is of course referring to Chevy Chase, who played the title character in both "Fletch" and "Fletch Lives." I definitely think this is the best choice yet. Nothing against Joshua Jackson, but Krasinski definitely seems a lot "fletchier."

Source: MTV Movies Blog

Comments

arendr

Arend Anton

It's true, he does seem "Fletchier". While I think he's great on The Office, I have a hard time believing he'll work in movies. This new movie with Robin Williams looks unbearable...I hate to doubt him though because I really like his work on The Office.

Jun 26 - 07:36 AM

onlyleeanderson

Lee Anderson

Jason Lee, Please!

Jun 26 - 09:11 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

[b]Viva Jason Lee[/b]
Gotta say I completely agree.

No disrespect to JK from 'Office but the only person who veritably LEAKS tongue-in-cheek wiseass is Jason Lee. I'd be surprised if JK can get dark enough.

Jun 26 - 12:04 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jason Lee has the sarcasm, but he's a weak actor. I'm telling y'all: Paul Rudd!

Jun 26 - 12:23 PM

originalsince84

Tim Toy

gotta agree with you. Paul Rudd's work in Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin were hilarious. He needs a starring role!

Jun 26 - 05:14 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

how can we get this Paul Rudd thing going? ANY STUDIO PEOPLE READING THIS CALL PAUL RUDD FOR FLETCH!!! PAUL RUDD IS THE ANSWER.

yeah...maybe that will work. now that i think about it, he's really the only actor i can imagine in the role besides chevy.

Jun 26 - 06:54 PM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Yes to this comment, Jason Lee would be awsome!!! Also, Jim Carrey, or Will Farrel !

Jun 26 - 04:43 PM

blank blank

bob jones

i like him on the office, but its painful to see him do the aforementioned crappy robin williams flick and now getting left overs from zach braff. fletch sucked the first time and its not going to be any better the second time around.

as an aside, this guy has the second biggest nose in show business after morgan freeman of course

Jun 26 - 09:41 AM

okuonuora

Bruce Leroy

Fletch has already sucked a second time. This would be the 3rd sucky movie.

Jun 26 - 01:31 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

blank blank, sorry but the original Fletch is an amazing movie.

Has nobody mentioned Paul Rudd yet? I think he'd be absolutely perfect for the part!

Jun 26 - 10:22 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

[b]Viva Jason Lee[/b]
Gotta say I completely agree.

Jun 26 - 12:04 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jason Lee has the sarcasm, but he's a weak actor. I'm telling y'all: Paul Rudd!

Jun 26 - 12:23 PM

originalsince84

Tim Toy

Jun 26 - 05:14 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jun 26 - 06:54 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jason Lee has the sarcasm, but he's a weak actor. I'm telling y'all: Paul Rudd!

Jun 26 - 12:23 PM

originalsince84

Tim Toy

Jun 26 - 05:14 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jun 26 - 06:54 PM

okuonuora

Bruce Leroy

Fletch has already sucked a second time. This would be the 3rd sucky movie.

Jun 26 - 01:31 PM

Jun 26 - 06:54 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Jun 26 - 06:54 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

I don't get all of the rave over this guy.

Jun 26 - 08:12 PM

savethemooses

Alex N

[b]I like this idea[/b]
Johnny K is awesome.

Jun 26 - 11:03 PM

Modano

T H

I love Paul Rudd, but I don't think he's good for this role. Fletch with Chevy Chase had that real sarcastic humor and never smiled, real subtle. Paul Rudd seems a lot more goofy, which is not a bad thing. Of course they could totally reinvent the role. Jason Lee would fit better, but I can't think of anyone else. John Krasinski I like on the Office but I don't know if he can pull this off.

Jun 27 - 08:50 AM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast