Exclusive: The Fall - Tarsem's Visual Companion - Part 1

The director on his astonishing imagery.

Photographing The Fall

Its otherworldly story split critics down the middle, but none can argue with the power of its imagery. Opening in the UK this week, Tarsem's The Fall is one of the year's most beautiful films. A tale about storytelling, it's a clash of colour and ideas and is designed for those whose sense of balance can be comfortably shaken. Now, as RT hosts the web's most comprehensive gallery of stills, director Tarsem walks us through the images.

Comments

Underglow

Aleesha Lambert

This movie was amazing. I went into the theatre a little sceptical but came out refreshed. While it does tend to be a little to 'artsy' at times- at least the art isn't horrible. Beautiful film, beautiful story.

Oct 3 - 11:44 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

It's already out on DVD in the USA.

I liked it, but I don't want to sound mean, but the child actor really got on my nerves.

Oct 3 - 01:45 PM

wiccan_lad77

tommy smith

when i first saw the trailer, i was thinking that i HAD to see this film. it looked incredible, and i love aspect of cinematography, and this film clearly had great art to be displayed.

i need to hurry and find it on DVD ASAP.

Oct 3 - 03:23 PM

lancerbird13

Clark Metheny

An absolutely beautiful film in every way. It still amazes me that NONE of the scenes use any computer effects to make the scenes the way they are...

Oct 3 - 05:14 PM

totalmatt

Matthew Keller

My Personal favorite of the year so far, saw it in theatres and own the DVD and it makes me want to by a blu-ray player just because I don't feel the DVD does the film justice

Oct 3 - 05:44 PM

bwozar

Bernard Ozarowski

I saw it for the first time on Blu-Ray (I'm so pissed at myself that I missed it in theaters) and it looks absolutely magnificent. The image clarity is exceptional and I think it really amplifies the visual majesty. Is the movie perfect? No, but what is? It's damn near being a masterpiece in my book.

Oct 3 - 10:24 PM

bwozar

Bernard Ozarowski

Oct 3 - 10:24 PM

the_reasons

Shane Cotier

I thought this film was amazing.

Oct 4 - 11:14 AM

John Z. Delorean

John Street

The movie looks great and I expected alot of this since I love The Cell but the acting is so bad in it its almost UNwatchable. Visually tho it's worth the viewing and how he pulled it off with no CG is crazy. Tarsem is the man but if he can only get a movie done every 6 years I need it to be a bit more complete.

Oct 5 - 07:13 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Yeah visually it is unbelievably beautiful, it did have some flaws though, and I didn't love it as much as The Cell. But I will continue to look forward to and wonder what is next for Tarsem for the rest of his life.

Oct 5 - 09:32 AM

HyperionChild

Warren John

What an incredible coincidence....I just got the DVD!!! Now this first article comes out on RT and I am totally pumped to see it. "The Cell" was one of my favorite films of the past ten years, so my expectations are high for this movie. I would have seen it in theatres but it didn't open near where I live.
Thank you RT for this series!

Oct 5 - 11:34 AM

susan08

susan davie

The hollywood palyboy was found to appear on a tall dating club__ www.tallchat.com ___ where hollywood star Julia found some dates with bsktball players. I%u2019ve been there for day, it seems the girls are not hard to hook up.

Oct 5 - 06:46 PM

HyperionChild

Warren John

Okay finally watched the DVD last night and it was beautiful!!! Tarsem is a unique talent when it comes to visual storytelling no doubt about that. I also wish I had a Blu-Ray Player since I can only imangine how much better it would look in HD. I loved how the script worked in the meatphor of the fall throughtout the movie (right till the end), and how the Freudian themes were explored through the character of Alexandria.
But who am I kidding....the real stars of this movie are the set design, costumes and cinematography!!!!
One of my favorites for 2008!
Now I have to patient and wait a few years for his next movie.........

Oct 6 - 03:33 AM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies