It's a Boy Girl Thing Reviews

July 26, 2012
It's the old switcheroo theme and it's as cliche as it can get. It's actually mildly funny and the characters are likable.
April 10, 2012
Characters and dialogue were boring. flat one-dimensional stereotypes. Nothing clever or original here. Surpisingly fun anyway.
LWOODS04
July 20, 2009
Cast: Samaire Armstrong, Kevin Zegers, Sherry Miller, Robert Joy, Brooke D'Orsay, Sharon Osbourne, Maury Chaykin, Mpho Koaho, Dan Warry-Smith, Emily Hampshire, Kathryn Haggis, Genelle Williams, Jack Duffy

Director: Nick Hurran

Summary: A visit to a natural history museum proves catastrophic for high school rivals Nell (Samaire Armstrong), the overachiever, and Woody (Kevin Zegers), the jock, when an ancient Aztec statue casts a spell that causes them to switch bodies. Now, the pair is forced to experience life from a different perspective and see exactly what it's like to walk in the other's shoes.

My Thoughts: "I thought this movie gave a nice spin to Freaky Friday. It was funny, cute, and entertaining. I laughed throughout it. It was predictable as most of these teen comedies are, but it was just a fun movie to watch. I would watch it again. There is the jock, the smart nerdy girl, the head cheerleader, the jock sidekick, and the girl who wants to be popular and noticed. So its your average teen high school movie just with a twist. Although, I was surprised to see Sharon Osbourne having a role in this movie. She plays the jocks (Kevin Zegers) mother. She was mediocre. Not bad. All in all it was a good comedy high school flick."
Japes
½ August 4, 2011
This movie was really bad. I was actually shocked when I saw it had a 63% fresh rating...but then I saw only 8 people reviewed it then I wasn't shocked anymore. The acting in this movie is so unbelievably terrible....really terrible like atrociously bad. I was like is this movie serious right now? The jokes or attempted jokes weren't funny either. They were stupid. It was all cliched shit that everyone has seen before. I actually stopped watching this movie at the 30 minute mark because it was so insanely awful. I didn't understand why Kevin Zegers and the girl hated each other so much. They live next door, Kevin Zegers is hot, I'd expect the girl to be BFFL with Zegers...at least I would if I lived next door to him. If she was friends with him then maybe she'd have a ride to school every day and not have to ride the bus. Both those kids in the movie btw do not pass for high schoolers. It was so obvious they were in their early twenties, they just looked weird being placed in a high school setting. While I'm ranting, I might as well add the fact that the pacing for this movie was way too fast. The characters are barely introduced and then they switched bodies. Like wtf. So glad I did not waste my time watching any more of this crap. I love Kevin Zegers though, but I like him much better when he doesn't star in shit films.
jjnxn
½ December 20, 2009
Standard body switching comedy with a boy girl twist, nothing new but pleasant enough if you aren't expecting too much.
January 8, 2007
So bad that it is so stinkin' cute.
March 22, 2008
Awful acting, honestly, the worst I have seen in a long time. A story you could see coming a mile off, nothing even remotely clever or new about it except for how unconvincing the cast was. I Honestly don't know why I liked it so much.
½ December 26, 2007
Really cute and a true chick flick! Funny but sad and inspiring. Makes me want to do something with my life.
cobaein
January 15, 2011
Hillarious, but Not for under-ages.
"When there is a will, there is a way..." :D
½ June 8, 2008
The movie was hilarious with various scenes referring around the sexual differences but without reverting to crude and tasteless humour. The story was extremely predictable but it was a great improvement on the list of poor body swap movies that have been released in the last few years. Watchable.
½ June 7, 2008
Oh, there's this girl who's miss perfect, she works hard at school and wants to go to Yale. Then there's this guy who comes from a lesser background and plays football, and they hate each other...but suddenly they find themselves in each others body. Nothing original here but what I liked was how much the two leads got into the role, even down to the walk of the opposite sex. They start out hating each other and going out of their way to ruin the others life but then work together to get their respective goals and then fall in love. It has quite a few funny moments and I was surprised by how much I liked it - the girl especially gives a really good performance. Like Face/Off only without the slo-mo action and the shooting and the doves and a lot of other things.
February 19, 2007
This was much more raunchier than I expected. It was closer in style to The Hot Chick than it was Freaky Friday. I enjoyed the pace of the film - the characters weren't idiots, so they realised what had happened early on, rather than right at the very end. While her character grew on me, I can't say I liked Samaire Armstrong's acting. Sometimes, I actually had no idea what she was saying. But K. Zeg was great as usual. And my favourite British chipmonk, Sharon Osbourne, was a peach.
roseypie
June 3, 2007
i had fun watching this movie, both actors were good looking and their acting were decent enough. however i won't recommend it to people who are tired of the body swapping movie themes. but if you liked freaky friday or the hot chick, go ahead and rent this one. really cute..
November 19, 2011
It is a straightforward switch-places movie with nothing special about it, but it is simple and enjoyable. The movie has no star power and the acting is average, but there is enough there to make the characters have some charm. The movie may be lacking in originality and acting but it makes up for its shortcomings with simplicity and enough feel-good moments to make you smile. It is more of a story of two people at opposite ends of the high school social structure switching places, rather than the male female switch, seems like a waste. Body swaps provide lots of good opportunities for comedy and interesting juxtapositions, but this one settled for the obvious newly gained perspectives and did not push for laughs or more insightful thoughts. Younger teens, or tweens, may get full enjoyment out of it, but other audiences may want more.
½ October 16, 2011
This was probably one of the most predictable movies out there and you saw everything coming a mile away. The acting was mediocre and the story was the furthest thing from original. I have no idea how I liked this movie as much as I did. It wasn't even a bad movie in my opinion despite the flaws in it.
½ December 19, 2010
Great movie, with a funny plot about next door neighbors, a boy and girl, who switch bodies and have to find out what it's really like to be in each others' shoes.
½ May 21, 2011
Every now and again "body swap" movies get the right formula down. Unfortunately American efforts tend to fall short. This UK/Canadian doesn't get so caught up in it's own theme to become just another bogged down cliche typical of the genre.
½ September 23, 2010
Though a predictable "Freak Friday" meets "Cinderella" type of storyline... it's a very sweet/cute movies. -- Only wish at least the language would been less (not to mention the sexual references), so I could have rated it higher. Overall, very enjoyable... though not a movie for young eyes...
½ September 19, 2010
What i expected in this movie was a Freaky Friday Disney movie but i was fully blow away! It had a combination of everything i ever wanted in a movie comety,romantce,TEENAGERS in there nature habitate, and a litle magic from a mistical god. Than how it challanged the two main ledds to be the oppisitte of what they where made me look at them as gods as two more amazing actors in the few like them. It gave a new meaning to teen flick a movie any age any gender any person in there right mind would watch. And in the end it was the start of a amzing love story and a moral to the high school food chane that sometimes oppisites attracte ok i better stop if you havent seen this movie Go F@#king See It , it was amazing funny and it will always be one of my personal Favorites.
July 17, 2010
Ok, so I just watched this movie. I had never heard of it before. I LOVED it. I want to watch it all over again! It's like a romantic-ish comedy twist to freaky friday. It's an amazing movie. That's all I have to say. I think it's my favorite movie yet