Interview Reviews

July 26, 2015
Awful. Boring and trying hard to be important as if some Tennessee Williams lost masterpiece. Goes no where and says nothing.
May 13, 2015
easily watchable and amusingly interesting, an I ending to ruins it.
½ July 11, 2014
Much better than I believed it would be in the beginning. Worth a watch. Love Steve Buscemi.
½ January 1, 2013
i liked this a lot, so many unanswered questions at the end too! and steve buscemi is just so fantastic.
December 7, 2012
Interview
Synopsis: After falling out with his editor, a fading political journalist (Buscemi) is forced to interview America's most popular soap actress (Miller).
Starring: Jackson Loo, Molly Griffith, Robert Hines, Sienna Miller, Steve Buscemi, Tara Elders
Directed by: Steve Buscemi
hunterjt13
½ November 18, 2012
A former political reporter interviews a soap opera actress.
Largely a two-hander, Interview features strong performances by the two leads, writer/director Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller. The chemistry between the two actors is strong, and Miller, especially, is able to find nuances in the banal.
The script's pace seems off. It's hard to hold a film audience's interest with only two characters and a single set, and when the camera should be moving, it isn't and vice versa. Buscemi isn't a great director, but he gives himself and Miller plenty of freedom, which saves the film from becoming too trivial and claustrophobic.
Overall, this film is decent and worth seeing if only for the leading actors.
July 15, 2007
This Buscemi- directed film has a certain film stage-play quality to it, and while the sparring kind of feels like it goes in circles at times, it's still a very watchable little film. The reporter who thinks he's better than the tabloid fodder story he's been assigned spends an evening verbally sparring with his subject in an effort to reveal something of substance even as she tries to dig into his life for reasons of her own.

Worth a rental, good call for fans of indie film.
June 19, 2012
As long as you are fine watching Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller bicker back and forth for an hour and 24 minutes your just fine. The ending however is sudden and the twist has no real impact.
½ May 11, 2012
This was a very weird, interesting, disjointing little 90 minute two person movie.
April 7, 2012
The real gem of this film is discovering Sienna Miller. Beautiful and smart she handles her role her with a lot of sass and depth. My main problem with the film itself is that that conversation doesnt feel real... it feels written. Handled well by Miller and Buscehi but still ultimately with a canned vibe. The cat and mouse game is fun, but it's difficult to follow since you never know what is real or bullshit. Nice ending. I will definately be interested to see where Miller's career goes. Was it me or was she trying to look exactly like Jessica Simpson?
January 17, 2012
Totally engrossing, intense. Thanks for the recommendation, ma!
November 25, 2011
whose afraid of virginia woolf but with Steve Buscemi. whats not to like?
November 13, 2011
reasonable but should been a short film
September 26, 2011
An interesting little movie, not amazing but not bad :)
½ June 25, 2011
It passed the time. Believe it or not I'd never heard of Sienna Miller until the phone hacking scandal. She was pretty (and) good in her part. Steve Buscemi is always good. Far too predictable but never dull.

I'd have been really pissed off though if I'd had to pay to watch it.
May 10, 2011
haha.. the longest interview I've watched..
but in the end, it's a twist!
July 16, 2007
This movie desperately wants to be a tightly-written two-person dramatic piece. It brings to mind Sleuth or Bug. However, playwrights Anthony Shaffer and Tracy Letts knew how to write tense, succinct, contained drama. This one is absolute nonsense. I found myself laughing at the dramatic moments and rolling my eyes at the comedic ones. There are moments where I caught a glimpse of what the original could have been. (Apparently it's a remake of a Dutch movie, which I will have to keep an eye out for.) It's a wonderful premise, but Miller and Buscemi play it like some sort of insane melodrama. I never had any idea who their characters actually were or what they wanted, and they spoke their lines and performed their blocking like it was exactly that: lines and blocking. Not since The Boy In the Striped Pajamas have I so desperately wanted to love a movie and ended up hating it so much.
½ January 24, 2011
cosmo313
July 10, 2007
The characters are not very likable, but they are never boring, and are quite fascinating. The dialogue is well-written, very biting, and makes for some really good battles of wit and ego. Buscemi (Who stars, directs, and co-wrote the script) is fantastic as the frustrated, bitter journalist with skeletons in his closet. He's my favorite actor, and I love him as a director, but it's Sienna Miller who really amazes me here. She is excellent as the vapid, manipulative starlet who has a lot more depth to her, and is smarter than she leads on. This is a good movie, but it would be amazing and much better off as a stage play.