93% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Disney's A Christmas Carol Reviews

December 5, 2009
I'm expecting a little spin off the classic, with Jim Carrey in the role. Oh, look... Gary Oldman, too! Humm...
June 25, 2014
SCARY SCARY JIM CARREY
June 24, 2014
.........I honestly have no f*cking clue what to say about this movie.
Daenerys Stormborn
June 19, 2014
One of the worst christmas carols Ive seen. The movie seemed to drag on for HOURS
January 26, 2011
Unbelievably boring. Filled with good performances and dazzling imagery, but the movie never knows how to turn them into an inspired version of the Dickens classic. Too much going on, and it lacks the intimacy and good will of other versions.
December 8, 2013
I was impressed with this movie, and I was even more surprised with Jim Carrey's role. When I heard he was gonna play Scrooge in a CGI remake of A Christmas Carol, I thought he was going to ruin it like he did as the Grinch. Instead, he stuck to the character's bitterness and cruel ways, and didn't act goofy up until he redeemed his ways towards the end. This adaption is more for adults than kids, the movie might be too long for kids, and at times, it might even be too scary for them. Even with all of the shocking and terrifying scenes, it still holds the powerful and heartwarming message the original novel was known for.
June 7, 2014
Visually stunning, although it was unexpectedly creepy and intense, A Christmas Carol was a fun movie to watch for Christmas. I enjoyed this movie.
May 6, 2014
This is a work of art. You would expect something masterful from a cast that contains Gary Oldman and Colin Firth and you get just that. This is also one of Jim Carry's finest films (he is really good outside of comedy it seems!).

The animation will be a point of contention for many but I personally thought it was magnificent. It is a form of motion capture.

The soundtrack deserves much praise. The overall film stayed very true to the book with a few fanciful visual additions which fit right into the main plot.

SUMMARY: A really good adaptation. This is a very good way to lead up to Christmas Day but I would even recommend it outside of the Christmas season. Good job Disney!
November 20, 2009
Stacey & I saw it in IMax 3D. Diffinately better than the older 3D movies. Was pretty good toooo.
October 10, 2009
Not that "I wanted to see it"...more like I promised my lil bro I'd take him to see it. LOL!
March 14, 2014
First saw it in 3D and liked it! Saw it again on TV a couple years later, and that time I noticed a lot of things wrong with it, and found parts of it very boring, but to be fair it was in January so the Christmas Spirit had passed!
Sgt. Cockstrain
December 24, 2013
(43%)
A glossy computerised version of a well, well, well reheated story. Carrey does what Carrey does so well and it is all put together in a solid package, but it is not as funny or as deep as it should be.
February 14, 2014
A good motion capture take on the Dickens classic that lives up to its source material. May not be the best animated film in the world, but still a good film to watch at Christmas.
February 22, 2014
what is everyone's problem with this dazzling adaptation of the classic novel it is very imaginative and well made Jim Carrey plays everything in the film which is fine considering his many talents it is very fun to watch his different performances which you will notice.
but caution to younger children it is quite creepy at times but the novel is creepy and imaginative so please watch with supervision from parents
Richard S.
February 18, 2014
Ghoulishly frightful and wildly enjoyable with lovely direction from Robert Zemeckis and a great performance from Jim Carrey.
muffin0681
May 11, 2013
When three ghosts take penny-pinching Scrooge (Jim Carrey) on an eye-opening journey, he discovers the true meaning of Christmas.

also stars Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Bob Hoskins, Robin Wright, Cary Elwes, Fionnula Flanagan, Jacquie Bambrook and Ryan Ochoa.

directed by Robert Zemeckis.
February 11, 2014
I find this movie to be ok, not disney's best.
Davis
February 9, 2014
No good, one of Disney's worst, not entertaining at all, just a waste of time.
frankrclark
November 19, 2013
I watch it every year for the winter holidays. Love it!!!
Ben D.
December 13, 2013
A fine adaptation of the classic story.