• PG-13, 1 hr. 39 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

What Happens in Vegas Reviews

Red L

April 26, 2014
Even though I knew what was going to happen, I enjoyed it.
Thomas J

May 3, 2008
Totally predictable and I still enjoyed the ride.
thmtsang
thmtsang

May 3, 2008
Jack (Ashton) and Joy's (Cameron) lives are falling apart when they meet one night in Vegas. They get drunk and get married. Then Jack wins 3 million dollars on the slots. The judge freezes the money and makes them work at their marriage for 6 months. Very funny movie. Good cast and plot. They have great chemistry. They should do more movies together. I always wonder why you can get married in Vegas when you are totally drunk!
Lucas M

July 26, 2012
An exhaustive comedy, that with silly humor and immature characters, especially Jack Fuller (Ashton Kutcher) a good looking guy, but that has a childish behavior, have luck in attractive women (a very cliche kind of character) and act like a real fool with Joy (Cameron Diaz), instead trying to be more nice, no matter how wrong she is and vice versa. Dispite have good comedians like: Rob Corddry, Jason Sudeikis and Zach Galifianakis, the awful screenplay doesn't give an opportunity, to they give more funny to Tom Vaughan's movie, that it's a bad and unfunny version of The Hangover, Sour Grapes and Love Stinks. Unsurprising and a true lost of time "What Happens in Vegas" it's one of the kind of movie that make some members of audience say: "What Happen in Vegas, should being in Vegas and nobody have ever make a movie about this." Rotten.
Wildaly M

July 3, 2011
Funny comedy romp. Kinda enjoyed it.
blkbomb
blkbomb

June 25, 2011
"Gay people aren't ruining the sanctity of marriage, you people are!"

What Happens in Vegas is another in a long line of predictable and painful to watch romantic comedies. Jack(Ashton Kutcher) and Joy(Cameron Diaz) meet in Vegas and after a night of partying end up getting married. Then Jack wins $3 million and a Judge sentences the two to 6 months of marriage before they can get a divorce and the money. I'm sure you can guess how the plot plays out from here since it has zero originality. Rob Coddry and a small role from Zach Galifianakis are somewhat funny in the movie. Everyone else; not so much.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Actually really funny and I loved the soundtrack. Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher made a great comedy duo. A must see!
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

June 16, 2011
I am an Ashton Kutcher fan, I loved him in That 70s Show and hes naturally funny. I dont like Cameron Diaz, she isnt funny, or good looking, and to me she cant act. Together they make half of a good comedy team. I haven't seen a movie like this because its a original premise but cliche plot. I hate comedies that get all sweet and cuddly near the end, so I was mad at this movie. Kutcher is great and premise was original, but even he cant save a comedy that fails at providing a funny lead female and an original story.
movieguru12
movieguru12

September 10, 2008
Very funny comedy. Love this movie. Aston Kutcher is so HOT!!!! This is a good romantic comedy. Perfect for watching with your bffs :) :) :)
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
Hilarious!!
Anthony L

January 24, 2011
I disliked this film so much that I'm not going to write a review, I'm just going to let my half a star rating do all the talking.
Matt G

January 22, 2011
What happens in vegas, stays in vegas.

Grade: B+
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

May 3, 2008
It was very funny and entertaining.

In New York City, high-strung stockbroker Joy Ellis McNally (Cameron Diaz) is dumped by her fiancÚ at his surprise birthday she threw for him in front of all their friends while at the same time easy-going carpenter Jack Fuller (Ashton Kutcher) is fired from his job by his father, Jack, Sr. (Treat Williams). Both become emotionally distraught and, with their best friends Spitter (Lake Bell), a bartender and Shitter (Rob Corddry), a District Attorney, take a debauched trip to Las Vegas. They meet by chance when they are given the same hotel room because of a computer error. After clearing up the misunderstanding and receiving upgraded rooms and coupons to various clubs, they party and drink together and Joy and Jack end up getting married. The next morning, they realize it was a mistake and decide to divorce.

Before they do so, Jack uses a quarter Joy gives him in a slot machine. He hits a $3,000,000 dollar jackpot and Joy reminds Jack that they are married and hence, she is entitled to half of the money. The couple returns to New York, where they attempt to divorce. Their judge (Dennis Miller) declares that the couple cannot divorce until they attempt to co-exist for six months, while attending weekly sessions with a marriage counselor (Queen Latifah). If they work at the marriage but still want to divorce after six months, each will be permitted to keep half the winnings. If either party does not cooperate, the money will be tied up in litigation by the judge.

The newlyweds devise more and more cunning schemes to undermine each other, such as Jack telling Joy that their counseling session is canceled to prove she's not committed, and Joy inviting girls to their apartment to try to get Jack to cheat on her. Jack gives Joy's ex-fiancÚ Mason (Jason Sudeikis), her engagement ring back without Joy knowing. At Joy's job retreat, Jack and Joy ironically find themselves developing an unexpected sexual attraction to one another and they soon realize that being with each other has brought out the best in both of them.

After they get back from the retreat, it's time for the judge to decide what happens to the money. On her way to the hearing, Joy sees her ex-fiancÚ Mason and he tells her that he wants her back. He gives her back the engagement ring and tells her that she is good enough for him. Joy realizes that Jack set her up to get back with him, therefore cheating on him and letting Jack keep the money. Joy walks away from Mason and goes to the hearing. At the hearing, their marriage counselor testifies that the couple truly tried to work on their marriage. The judge decides that they each get 1.5 million dollars, taking away taxes and the bills Joy had run up and Jack had spent on his new woodworking business. Joy tells the judge she doesn't want any money, and gives the engagement ring to Jack, telling him she officially doesn't want anything from him. Jack realizes she knows that he talked to Mason.

Joy ends up getting the promotion, but tells her boss that she would rather be happy doing nothing than doing something she hated and being miserable. The next scene is of Jack talking to his parents, and them telling him that it looked like he and Joy were actually in love. Realizing his mistake, he goes to her friend Spitter to find out where she is. Spitter tells Jack that she quit her job - a fact she seems quite disgruntled by - and that nobody knows where she is. He has a suspicion that she has gone to a beach (Fire Island, New York) that she told him about, the only place that makes her feel truly happy. Jack asks her to be his wife (again) and she says yes. As the two embrace, Joy says that she quit her job and has no idea what she's going to do. Jack reminds her that they have a lot of money between them. Joy states that they hit the jackpot, to which Jack replies that he certainly did (referring both to the money and to Joy).

In the credits it shows a clip of what happened between Spitter and Shitter the day Jack and Joy got married. It also shows Spitter and Shitter subsequently enacting a plan of revenge on Mason, devised by Spitter earlier in the film.

In a post-credits scene, Dave is telling Shitter about a party that evening, but Shitter no longer wants to associate with Dave, citing Jack as being "the glue" that held the two of them together as friends. With that, Shitter simply leaves. The movie ends with Dave randomly asking a random guy on the street if he wants to party.
Crash E

October 10, 2010
i'm so glad to see it, I like them both ... and they are so hilarious funny
Richard C

July 21, 2010
C
3niR
3niR

February 5, 2010
This was quite funny movie.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
Funny! Diaz and Kutcher are great!
Conner R

November 18, 2009
Not horrible, but not amazing either. It's got some pretty corny dialogue, but beyond that it's actually pretty good. I mean, no one's gonna mistake Ashton Kutcher for an academy award winner, but he's not terrible either. Plus, Cameron Diaz is always nice to look at.
Stuart B

October 6, 2009
Its ok, nothing special
Leigh R

May 15, 2008
This movie was totally funny and cute. I think Cameron wasn't all on her game in this movie, but Ashton made up for it.