18% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Between Two Worlds Reviews

June 3, 2013
Top form film rendering of classic play OUTWARD BOUND (originally made as a movie under that title in 1930).
sugarbear
March 4, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie and the unique personalities of the cast members. Edwin Gwenn (aka "Scrubby") was such a sweetheart in this film. The only problem I had with this flick was that it's one of those that plays continual background music throughout the entire movie.. :p Other than that, it was enjoyable!
March 4, 2013
Fascinating in its fanciful treatment of death, and response to its spiritual enchantment may be expected from this picture.
jjnxn
jjnxn

September 19, 2012
Moody fantasy with a terrific cast of characters and character actors all doing excellent work. The weakest link is Henreid but the rest of the players are given individual moments to shine and he doesn't hurt the picture much. Greenstreet, Edmund Gwenn, Sara Allgood and Garfield all stand out but everybody is good and create identifiable people with all their strengths and failings.
August 29, 2012
"Another" final voyage--Hypnotic in a corny way!!
March 6, 2011
A bizarre cinematic relic about a group of passengers on a cruise to eternity who have to be judged by Sydney Greenstreet to determine their fates. Edmund Gwenn (Santa Claus from Miracle on 34th St) is the steward on this twisted voyage. Truly weird.
Dave J
February 10, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011

(1944) Between Two Worlds
DRAMA/ PARANORMAL

Idea taken from a film made in 1930 called "Outward Bound" which involves several people who were caught in an unfortanate bom explosion, only to wake up again on a cruise! Lacks suspense replacing it with general humanity!

2.5 out of 4
Cindy I

March 6, 2010
Overly sentimental but still entertaining film that had me thinking (a bit anyway) about my life's path. A mixed group of strangers in WWII London are waiting to board a ship that will take them to America. A bomb from an air raid strikes the cab they are traveling in, and they find themselves on what they believe is the ship to America. What they discover about the ship and about themselves is much stranger than anything they can imagine.

The cast, including John Garfield, Paul Henreid and Eleanor Parker are good, but Sydney Greenstreet really stands out as the Examiner who will make the final decision about what future path each of these passengers will take. Edmund Gwynn as the steward on the mystery ship is also good, although I couldn't help thinking about Santa Claus every time I saw him :-). For the most part, this was a well-spent 2 hours (or thereabouts). But I felt it was a bit heavy-handed in the "rich = evil, poor = noble" message. I would have liked to have seen a wealthy philanthropist amongst the self-serving, money-grubbing bastards. But maybe I'm watching this from a 2010 point of view rather than a 1940s.
April 8, 2008
Remake of Outward Bound and it's a whole lot better. Once again, bunch of dead people are on a boat, most don't know they're even dead and when they do, Sydney Greenstreet shows up as The Examiner to judge them. I'm surprised I was never bored with this, actually.
addienoir
April 4, 2008
Eerie, poigiant, a boat load of people taking a boat trip to their after life place and not relizing for a while, but then learning about it and panicking a little. The charactors are a little one dimensional, Garfield does a little more with his charactor, but i am sure it wasn't easy.
Facinating, you should see it, it has george tobias for one thing and Sidney greenstreet is terrific as a kind of gate keeper, who tells people where they will be going finally or helps them figure it out for themselves and helps them to see why they are going where they are going.
Elinor Parker and paul Henried are facing different consequences becauses they may have taken their own lives.
interesting and somethings you figure out, but enough you wont.
Lucky7s 22G
February 11, 2008
[font=System]Quite a boring film. This movie, about passengers aboard a ship who are dead and on their way to Heaven or Hell, lacks the suspense and thrill that other movies with this plot entail. In college, I wrote a screenplay about the same kind of thing (ala "Sixth Sense" "Jacob's Ladder" and quite a few others) aboard a train. This film simply helps my writing in what not to include. This film was boring. The only interesting part was when the "examiner" boarded and decided each individual's fate. 3/10

[/font][font=Tahoma]Edit: Originally posted[/font] [font=Tahoma][b]Monday, October 29, 2007[/b] under Lucky7s22G[/font]
January 14, 2008
i like the concept of the movie. this is a wonderful clasic.
Lucky7z22G
December 8, 2007
[font=Tahoma][font=System][size=2]Quite a boring film. This movie, about passengers aboard a ship who are dead and on their way to Heaven or Hell, lacks the suspense and thrill that other movies with this plot entail. In college, I wrote a screenplay about the same kind of thing (ala "Sixth Sense" "Jacob's Ladder" and quite a few others) aboard a train. This film simply helps my writing in what not to include. This film was boring. The only interesting part was when the "examiner" boarded and decided each individual's fate. 3/10[/size][/font][/font]
[font=System][/font]
Lucky7s22G
October 29, 2007
HONEYBUNNI
September 11, 2007
I'm a big John Garfield fan, and this is a fantastic movie! Dead people end up on a ship and have no clue they are dead and either on their way to heaven or hell! A true classic!!
kcthinker2000
July 7, 2007
This moive has a great message about life.

Wish there was a to own this movie.