• R, 1 hr. 40 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

The Hangover Reviews

John M

June 29, 2009
Laughed throughout this whole movie. a great cast that just has a great time and you can see it. 5 stars easy!!
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 6, 2009
Very funny movie about the day after a batchelor party. Four friends go to Vegas for a batchelor party. They wake up the next day to find Mike Tyson's tiger in their hotel room, a baby boy, a missing tooth, someone got married (not the groom), a hospital wrist band and the groom is missing. They have to try to piece together the night before, to find the groom and get to the wedding on time. I love the police car scenes and the poker scenes. This movie is a bit like Dude, Where's My Car and Very Bad Things. Great cast. Stay on at the end to watch the snaps from the night before. Hilarious!
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 14, 2010
The Hangover is one of the most memorable and hilarious comedies of the last ten years. Todd Phillips has made the best film of his career and he assembles a great cast of talented actors that deliver some hilarious performances. The jokes are great, and the film is entertaining and original. I really was surprised at how good this film turned out to be. When I originally saw this film, I went expecting something that wouldn't be that great, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a near flawless comedy that boasts some great on-screen comedy and it is a film that is entertaining from start to finish. There is nothing really to dislike here, if you want a funny film, and then gives this one a shot. Todd Phillips delivers a great film, one that shows how talented he is in terms of creating something hilarious, while telling an interesting story. The Hangover is not a masterpiece, but it is one of the best comedies that manages to bring on effective laughs and memorable on-screen moments. If you're tired of uninspired comedies and you enjoy amusing comedies that will keep you laughing from start to finish, then this is the film for you. The Hangover is memorable and it is a guaranteed good time that you're sure to enjoy. Skip the sequels, they are not worth your time, but definitely check this one out. Todd Phillips direction is great, and with that being said he has a good understanding of how to make a worthwhile comedy. The Hanover is a great film, one that is refreshing and just hilarious from the first frame onwards.
KJ P

January 10, 2010
Never able to scrounge a dull moment, the Hangover is easily my favourite comedy of this decade. These three guys are what truly make this film work. Their chemistry, the story, the outcomes, the surprises, the laughs, and anything else that you would expect from a brilliant comedy is present in this film. It follows "The Three Best Friends that anyone could have" as they venture off to have a bachelor party in Vegas for their best friend Doug. It may not be the most brilliant film of all time, but it works in more ways than one. I laughed my ass off and that is all I cared about really. These guys are blast to watch and the script is hilarious! I love "The Hangover!"
Matthew Samuel M

March 22, 2013
It's definitely funny at times, but in the end, all of it screams: "mediocre." There's nothing remarkable here. Just a string of hit-or-miss jokes.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 21, 2009
Hilarious, ridiculous, and even pretty heartfelt and touching: The Hangover is one of (if not the best) comedies of 2009.

Four buddies head out to Las Vegas for the bachelor party of one of them, only for the trip to end in disaster after one wild night of partying sees the groom missing, the room in shambles (and containing a tiger, chicken, and a baby), and the other three with no recollection of anything that happened, among a host of other wild and absurd things.

This was just a lot of fun, quite hilarious, and just an absolute joy to watch. I loved the ridiculous antics, and the escalation of events. How it all unfolds is a nice touch too, with it being a slob comedy/mystery.

The cast is excellent and all have really good chemistry with one another, but Zach Galifianakis steals the show in a breakthrough performance. While the film is not completely in every single aspect 100% original, the way the material is handled keeps it fresh and alive. I wasn't too sure what to expect with this movie, but once it ended I was pleasantly surprised by just how funny and good it is. Definitely check this one out, it's totally worth it.
Alice S

January 7, 2010
A bromance that doesn't overload on raunch ("Superbad") or sentimentality ("I Love You, Man"). Zach Galifianakis steals the show as the endearingly oblivious but inherently good Alan. "We're the three best friends that anybody could have. We're the three best friends that anyone could have." I also like that despite their wild night of debauchery, Doug's location doesn't compromise his faith to his fiancee. He's not off banging hookers or snorting blow. Snorting blow - am I using that right?
Dan S

June 5, 2009
A hilarious, consistently funny movie featuring a show stealing performance from Zach Galifianakis. What could've been a formulaic, overdone look on a subject we've seen done many times before -- hangovers, is wisely avoided by a smart comedic director (Todd Phillips), as he spices up the dialogue with unique one-liners, as well as many interesting and ridiculous scenarios. Although the film produces a glaring plot hole near its ending, it doesn't ruin the overall experience, as Phillips tosses his three characters into impossible situations, while at the same time humanizing them so we care what happens to them. A red-hot summer comedy.
Eugene B

July 28, 2012
Director Todd Phillips has raised the bar on the shadowed-down R-rated comedy genre. The Hangover is an intrinsic comedy with unexpected satire and smart execution, taking the plot/story to a whole different spectrum along with it's comedy triumvirate (Cooper, Helms & Galifanakis) The Hangover is a memorable film that will stay with you and never leave your thought of mind, no matter how much alcohol you assume! 5/5
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

October 28, 2011
I didn't want to love The Hangover, I dont like it when I hear a lot of people call movies like this, one of the best ever made. But, to be honest this was much funnier then I thought it would be. The Hangover has no flaws, raunchy humour and fun quotable lines.
Jason O

January 12, 2012
I agree that it's overhyped and overrated, but...there's no denying that it made me laugh a few times and none of the characters especially annoyed me, unlike many other comedy films that seem to be almost universally loved. I'll be watching the sequel really soon.
Lucas M

January 3, 2012
Smart screenplay, funny actings and great tension and surprise.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 7, 2010
Funny! Don't know what all the hype was about, but really funny movie.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

June 11, 2009
Some guys just can't handle Vegas

Saw it again! Very Funny Movie!!! Just hilarious!!!!

Doug (Justin Bartha) is about to be married, so his friends -- Stu (Ed Helms), a dentist planning on proposing to his girlfriend of three years, Phil (Bradley Cooper), a schoolteacher bored of the married life, and Doug's soon to be brother-in-law Alan (Zach Galifianakis), who is smart yet socially-inept -- take him to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Stu's girlfriend is very controlling, thereby forcing Stu to lie to her about their destination.
The guys get a suite at their hotel, then sneak on to the roof of the hotel and toast to the night ahead. Skipping forward to the next morning, the three groomsmen awake with no memory of the previous night. They find Doug missing, Stu missing a tooth, a tiger in the bathroom, and a baby in the closet. Initially they believe Doug to have gone out for breakfast, but soon worry when his cellphone has been left behind. They collect what memories they have to figure what happened to Doug. The valet brings them a police car, which they had dropped off the night before.
Because Phil is wearing a hospital bracelet, the guys head to the hospital. The doctor identifies roofies in their blood, and tells them that they had just come from a wedding. At the chapel, they learn that Stu had married a girl named Jade (Heather Graham). On the way to her place they're attacked by two Chinese thugs. They escape and find her, where she reveals she's a hooker and the baby is her's. Cops bust into her apartment to arrest the three men for stealing their car. However, not wanting to face the embarassment of losing their car, they work out a deal in which the men volunteer to demonstrate how tasers are used. Afterwards they pick up their car in good shape, though a Chinese man named Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong), is locked in the trunk and attacks them upon his release. Alan admits to having drugged their drinks the night before, hoping they'd have a better time, but had been sold Roofies by accident.
They head back to the hotel to look for further evidence, but discover Mike Tyson instead, who is the owner of the tiger in their bathroom. He forces them to bring the tiger back to his place, and on the way there it destroys their car. After returning the tiger they're attacked again by Mr. Chow and his men. According to Chow, they'd mixed up bags the night before, and they were holding $80,000 of Chow's money. Chow demands it back in exchange for Doug, whom he has apparently captured. Unable to find the money, Alan decides to use his knowledge of counting cards to win the money in Blackjack. The money is returned, though Chow had captured a different Doug (Mike Epps), who was the dealer that had sold the Roofies to Alan.
Phil is in the middle of calling Doug's fiance to tell her they lost Doug, when Stu realizes where Doug is. The guys had seen a mattress flung from their hotel earlier, and Stu deduces that Doug is locked on the roof. They find him, sunburned but holding on to the $80,000. They rush back home and make it to the wedding just in time. Phil happily goes back to his family, whilst Stu breaks up with his girlfriend and arranges a date with Jade. Alan finds a camera they'd had with them, & together they look at the images from the night they'd forgotten.
TheGame90
TheGame90

December 15, 2010
I was surprised to see that this was a watchable movie. It was pretty entertaining. And Mike Tyson can't act for shit. Vintage Tyson.
Michael G

May 2, 2009
If I'd seen The Hangover opening weekend as opposed to a month later (and had managed to avoid everyone in the history of everything telling me how it was the best movie ever made) I'd say it was fucking hilarious. But since a few of the key parts (namely a specific shot during the end credits) were kind of blown for me I'll say The Hangover was goddamned hysterical. Aside from many instances of comic gold being dropped in your lap, Todd Phillips put together a well-made movie. The chemistry between Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis was nothing short of hysterical. So many great one-liners in this movie but Galifianakis' delivery made the movie for me--especially his wolf pack speech on the roof. The Hangover isn't so much a movie as it is a series of really, really funny scenes. And that shot of Galifianakis in the elevator at the end during the slide show was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life. The Hangover was a very welcome break from the nonsense that's plagued the metroplexes this summer. A little was lost on me with the second (unrated) viewing but still a damn good time...
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Funny and very original. Good to see a movie like this come along when there have been so many boring comedies now a days.
Letitia L

July 21, 2011
Unoriginal but potentially entertaining premise, but the interaction between the cast members just wasn't witty, interesting or even natural enough to satisfy (my standard for bro movie dialogue is Judd Apatow). And Galifianakis, on whom the movie relied too much, annoyed and creeped the f*** out of me. Painful to watch even though I actually wanted to find out how the baby or tiger got there.
Sanjay R

April 24, 2011
An all around good movie. It is funny with a nice plot. The story does not exactly come completely full circle and seems to get random at times, but that can be overlooked thanks to great humor and chemistry from Cooper, Helms and Galifianakis.