Movies Like Oceans (Disneynature's Oceans)

97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Oceans (Disneynature's Oceans) Reviews

Jens S

April 21, 2010
This documentary about our oceans and the animals and wonders that inhabit it is absolutely stunning. Some images seem so unreal and unseen that you wonder if you are watching a special effect. But you aren't. The film-makers must have had thousands of hours of footage and picked the highlights. They leave you speechless and in awe of the beauty of nature. The narration returns irregularly but remains in the background for the most part, thankfully. In the end, the film does get a tad preachy when it comes to making its point of preserving this Earth. It's sad enough that one has to remind anyone that these oceans are worth protecting, but one wouldn't have to add it to such a film. That doesn't take anything away from the power of these unforgettable images, though.
blkbomb
blkbomb

July 5, 2011
I had high expectations for Oceans and they weren't met. After about 10 minutes I thought the movie was just starting off slow showing some images and then would dive deeper into some issues or facts. 20 minutes later I could see that this would never happen. Visually the movie is very good, with great footage of different species of marine life. However there is nothing more. They might as well not even have a narrator. Nothing he's telling us matters and sometimes doesn't even correspond to what we are watching on the screen. Honestly if this movie didn't have a narrator, I probably would give it three stars. But if it would have had better writing and addressed some actual interesting points I probably would be inclined to give it five stars as the footage is just that amazing. Really disappointing documentary.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

April 29, 2010
An ecological drama/documentary, filmed throughout the globe. Part thriller, part meditation on the vanishing wonders of the sub-aquatic world.

Amazing! I loved this documentary. I saw some things I had never seen before. I was impress on how many different ways and shapes God has created these animals that live in the ocean. So many things relate to us and our directly affected by what we do that makes us think if we do enough to contribute. Highly recomended, watch it with your kids, make them learn while there young.

Winged Migration co-directors Jacques Cluzaud and Jacques Perrin re-team for this documentary produced for Walt Disney Studios' Disneynature banner and exploring the many mysteries of our planet's oceans. Almost three-quarters of the earth's surface is covered by oceans, yet strangely we seem to know more about deep space than the world of the sea. There's no question that the ocean has played a crucial role in the history and sustenance of humankind, but what secrets does the underwater world hold? Follow filmmakers Cluzaud and Perrin beneath the ocean waves as they seek out the answer to this and explore the many dangers and mysteries of the deep.
Jennifer X

May 1, 2011
A thoroughly relaxing, awing, beautiful big ocean of a documentary - albeit, a trifle boring.
michael e.
michael e.

February 11, 2011
It was good but i cried when the turtles were dieing
KJ P

May 23, 2010
A brilliant documentary that really makes you think twice about life. It's not just a film, but it is a visual, showing us exactly what we are doing to our planet and everything that we kill each day. I already knew about a lot of this, but it is amazing to hear all of this stuff. There are also many things that I've never heard of about sea life that this movie really taught me. Amazing cinematography, brilliant dialogue, but it could have had a better narrator, it was a bit dull at times. Still, the second half was pulled together better than the first by Pierce Brosnan who was the narrator of the film. It is a brilliant nature film. One of the best documentaries I've seen!
Mark H

April 25, 2010
French nature documentary film by Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud, distributed in the United States by Disneynature. The film was shot over the course of four years and explores the Earth's five oceans: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern and Arctic. Stunningly intimate window into a wide array of sea life. There isn't much penetrating information, however. Story doesn't have the narrative focus of say March of the Penguins for example. Just lots and lots of hauntingly beautiful images of sea life. In this case, that is enough and it's pretty darn entertaining.
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

May 15, 2010
Amazing documentary footage chronicling the vast variety marine life. It's all about the images, and thanks to technological advances it's no exaggeration to say these are some of the most awe-inspiring, never-before-seen pictures captured in the history of cinema. A scene where dive-bombing seagulls attack a school of sardines will likely go down as the best action sequence of 2010. Needs to be seen on the big screen.
Frisby2007
Frisby2007

November 1, 2010
If you want to watch an educational documentary, then go watch it on Animal Planet or Discovery Channel. But if you want to watch a visually stunning piece of work, with the beauty of the ocean & the cruelties filthy human beings make it suffer, then Oceans is the film for you.

No fan of the sea & it's beauty should miss out on this. Despite it not taking you further out into the ocean.
Bradley T. Johnson
Bradley T. Johnson

May 8, 2010
Disneynature has done it again. Go see this film. It is grand, beautiful, and will keep you in awe the whole time. Not as good as "earth" but it gets pretty close. Overall Rating:85
John B

April 22, 2010
The footage alone would warrant a four and a half star rating particularly if Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud were able to deliver a film similar to Winged Migration and Microcosmos. Unfortunately however it is a Disney film and I get the sense that disturbing imagery may have been cut and we have to endure Pierce Brosnan blabbling on about how "you can never know the oceans until they have cut your lawn" kind of sentiments. Brilliant nonetheless. Hopefully the DVD features a good additional 40 minutes of footage.
Juan C

August 25, 2011
an enjoyable, fun, enviormentaly important that i think is a very impressive and full of effort from the filmmakers that this is a very good disneynature documentary. but it can be too long, but i'm not complaining. B+
JC
JC

June 1, 2010
This goes down as the worst narration of a movie that I have ever heard...as good as Pierce Brosnan was in Ghost Writer he sounds bored and the script is lame. The cinematography is stunning but you never know where you are at any given time. This would have been a perfect film for 3D. Oh well...
Sarah P

September 9, 2012
Really interesting. It can get boring at times - I think a little more narration could have been a good thing in some places. However the images that they were able to capture was incredible, and a must-see for everyone at least once.
neffielee
neffielee

June 15, 2011
Visually stunning.
Noah N

May 20, 2011
'Oceans (Disneynature's Oceans) (2009)' shows eye-catching footage of Earth's gorgeous water life. Amazing!
Deb S

April 28, 2009
Outstanding documentary full of wonderful scenes of the ocean and ocean life. Loved the sea otters and turtles! The narration by Pierce Brosnan was good, although I had hoped that Morgan Freeman would do it this one as he had in "Earth".

Great for inspiring thoughts of conservation and species protection.
kylemydude
kylemydude

April 28, 2010
Disney Nature's second film is an absolutely beautiful one. From the team behind "Microcosmos" and "Winged Migration." It has some of the best visuals I have ever seen, simply breathtaking.
Matt S

April 23, 2010
It's about what you expect. It wasn't as good as Planet Earth, but it still showed me stuff I didn't see before.
April 10, 2010
Probably more boring than any other Disney movie in existence. I can't believe how long it is considering there is no story or anything that ties it together. There are some nice shots, but better narration is needed to give this film some purpose. I suppose one could find some enjoyment in putting this on in the background while they are completing other tasks, but it is a difficult movie to devote your attention to. (First and only viewing - 2/27/2011)