• Lonesome

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Lonesome Reviews

March 24, 2014
A forgotten classic of the silent era, LONESOME realliy is a one of a kind . I can't recommend this one enough.
July 23, 2013
In love with this film.
Andy G
July 19, 2013
It's technically choppy, but energetic, and although it's rather uneventful it stands as one of the first films to paint the modern landscape of urbanization and alienation.
December 10, 2012
A masterpiece! Absolutely fantastic film! Its quick pace makes your heart pound and literally leaves you out of breath! Remarkable gem!
November 29, 2012
Excellent little (60 minutes long) experimental film. Didn't buy the ending, but other than that awfully enjoyable
September 3, 2012
A near-perfect film in my terms. I only realized that after it was over, but I was sure of it. Many people can easily say that it's "cute", but there are so many things that should make you think it's more than that, even for just a standard viewer. Unforgettable imagery, and those talkie scenes were just beautiful. It gets chaotic, but it is entirely controlled, made to be beautiful, and cohesive to the films emotions/actions. During the beginning, I thought it was just going to be a smart, fast-paced, consistent, silent film, which then I already would've liked it. But, I felt oddly connected, with much more of a sense of life than any other silent film. I knew something out of the ordinary was going to happen, and I was right. I loved the Mary and Jim in this film as well. Thank God for Criterion, right?