Disney Prepping a Tron: Legacy Sequel?

Summary

Could we be seeing a third "Tron" movie soon? That's the inside scoop from sources at Ain't It Cool News. Back to Article

Comments

rle4lunch

Chad W

Maybe not boring, but definitely 'soulless'... It had such a short 'build up' to the story, then when Sam gets into the program it took him all of 30 seconds to grasp the whole thing as 'normal'. The arena was boring, especially the disc scenes. I loved the IMAX viewing of it. I hated how cartoony CLU was in some scenes.. And then CLU was amazing in others. This movie also had no emotional build up to it. I think the Quorra storyline has a lot of potential around it, so if they go ahead and put out another one, they really need to tighten it up, make the action scenes actually suspenseful, and quit flip flopping on the good/bad CGI with CLU and/or similar characters that might be used...

I really, really want to like Legacy, and I do to a certain extent, but man, I was hoping for so much more. They had 30 years to make something spectacular. 30 years! and they blew it to a certain extent..

Jan 13 - 03:00 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

That's just how I feel. I knew it was going to be controversial :)

Jan 13 - 03:41 PM

Sean Y.

Sean Y.

Legacy was far from perfect. It didn't deliver the deeper story I was hoping for (deeper as compared to the original), and it did feel somewhat disconnected. It was, however, very enjoyable. The spectacle that sometimes overshadowed story-telling was worth it for me. Can't say I loved it, but I really liked it. I've always found the idea of the Grid fascinating, and would love to see a sequel that goes deeper into the potential that is present. If however, Disney plans to make a sequel that goes in the same style as this, it may or may not be worth it.

(tl;dr- Would love to see a sequel, but might it not work if more depth isn't added.)

Jan 13 - 07:04 PM

Sean Y.

Sean Y.

*but it might not

Jan 13 - 07:05 PM

Sean Y.

Sean Y.

*but it might not

Jan 13 - 07:05 PM

Confuzzled Dragon

Ryan C

Legacy wasn't bad, but it did fall below expectations story-wise. However, watching it in IMAX was definitely worth it in my opinion. I don't think I would mind if they tried to make a sequel, I'm just worried that it's going to end up worse than the first one, seeing that Disney might milk the hell out of Tron as a franchise.

Jan 13 - 08:28 PM

Alex L.

Alex Lavoie

I loved TRON: Legacy, one of the best movies of 2010. But a sequel? Where the story can go after Legacy? If they find something genius im all for it!

Jan 13 - 09:16 PM

dudemeister

dude meister

That's a good point, and a body stand-in would truly be a slap in the face to the great Bridges. But you never know, since Bridges has such a positive attitude

Jan 14 - 08:37 AM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies