• PG-13, 1 hr. 52 min.

Life as We Know It Reviews

ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

July 28, 2010
Actually this movie offers nothing special, the story flows very flatly with a predictable ending but there's no climax just like any other rom-com.. Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel made a lovely couple in this movie, even though there's nothing special in their performances.. But one thing that made me can't rate this movie bad is I happen to like this movie.. Even though the movie offers nothing new and looks absurd at the beginning, but I just happen to enjoy every minute of it..
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
I really liked this film. Despite the obvious ending, it was a really heart warming film and a great family film to watch. Katherine Heigl is brilliant as always and Josh Duhamel is absolutely gorgeous and plays his role exceptionally well. A must see! Will make you smile throughout the whole of the film, despite the poignant scenes which are absolutely heart wrenching.
thmtsang
thmtsang

October 21, 2010
Two unlikely singles are thrown together to look after their goddaughter when their best friends died suddenly. Good cast.
movieguru12
movieguru12

October 6, 2010
Another movie that proves that two adorable opposites attract :) In this adorable movie Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) & Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) refered to as Messer, start off their relationship with a horrible date set up by their friends Peter and Alison Novak who die in a horrible crash. This leaves it up to Holly & Eric to take care of their daughter, Sophie. What first starts off as a hateful relationship turns into a love of a family that will last a lifetime. I really enjoyed this movie and so will you! :) :) :)
deano
deano

May 5, 2010
Never work with children or animals. Or Katherine Heigl. The former Grey's Anatomy thespian has had a bad run of late. In particular, The Killers and The Ugly Truth tarnished her copybook. Luckily for her and fans, there is life in her career yet, as demonstrated by this likable, if clichéd, look into an odd couple thrust into parenthood by their recently deceased BFFs. Heigl's prim Holly and Josh Duhamel's slacker Eric initially hate each other but, in a flurry of nappies, vomit and poop gags, their "unlikely relationship" grows. Gag. Cringe-worthy, yes, but this romantic-comedy by numbers has heart.
Crash E

March 14, 2011
A romantic comedy that didn't really have any funny moments !!
Wildaly M

March 12, 2011
Enjoyable.
KJ P

September 26, 2010
Life as We Know It is a very straight forward film with a decent plot and decent acting. It has a sort of substance that will make you feel sympathy for the characters and there actions, but in reality, everything about this film is shallow. Honestly anybody could have thought of this plot, but not everybody could have taken the script and made it into such a loving film. The chemistry is great and you are happy the entire way through, even if you can see the end coming from a mile! Life as We Know It is a wonderfully enjoyable little film!
Spencer S

August 9, 2010
Surprised me. Actually quite funny. The give and take between the romantic comedy duo of Heigl and Duhamel had a pretty good balance between the seriousness of the content and the comedy. Props go to the supporting players, including Melissa McCarthy, Sarah Burns, Andrew Daly, Will Sasso, and Bill Brochtrup. They really made the film for me. The chemistry wasn't quite right, and the romantic part of the plot line felt forced in, like a puzzle piece that didn't quite fit. The actual family dynamic was well represented though. Worth a watch.
Cynthia S

September 7, 2010
Hysterical!! Adorable!! Wonderful!! Charming!! Heartwarming!!
Matt G

January 23, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this rom com. I put off seeing it for a long time due to the terrible reviews, but I shouldn't have waited to watch it on a cruise ship.

Plot: Two single adults become caregivers to an orphaned girl when their mutual best friends die in an accident.

Acting: I wouldn't say the acting is great, it all has a very cheesy feel to it, which I loved. It was nice seeing Josh Duhamel in something other than Transformers. This was Katherine Heigl's kind of film!

Don't put off this movie, you'll regret it.

"Holly, Sophie's walking."
"Just stall her!"
(Messer pushes baby to the ground)

Grade: C+
Everett J

January 22, 2011
Pretty decent chick flick. Runs a little long, but it's not too bad. I've seen a lot worse.
Screeny
Screeny

October 9, 2010
The best romantic comedy I've seen since "500 Days of Summer". Its funny, romantic, heart-filling, and has some great chemistry. Its a simple film but everything breaks down smoothly and in the end its really just a great watch.
DerekA101
DerekA101

November 16, 2010
Nonsensical film that sputters along through every romantic comedy cliche. Yea it's cute and tugs at your emotions, but it's still as hollow as Sarah Palin's head. Everything that happens, and every decision that was made in this film can be filed in the HIGHLY UNLIKELY folder. But I'm sure it'll make your girlfriend go "Awwwwwww" You win some, you lose some.
Nicki M

August 9, 2010
Enjoyable, though slightly overlong. Katherine Heigl is, as aways, nice to watch in this type of film. I didn't, however, like her and Josh Duhamel as a couple and found myself thinking she should stick with the doctor guy. I felt that that part of the story was unrealistic, and quite honestly a guy like that would have been out the door instantly and leaving her to it. Their strained relationship did make for quite a few laughs, though, and I was glad they kept the child raising parts realistic and didn't do the glossy Hollywood thing with the perfect child that never cries or pukes. This film showed the hard things as well as the good things.
Apeneck F

November 13, 2010
why is katherine not married in this one? uhhh ... she's too serious, we're told. guys don't respect that. and josh ... what's his "problem"? he's too "love-em-and-leave-em". luckily for them both, their best friends have a child and then die horribly in an accident and leave the child to their care, otherwise these two "they're sorta screwed up but not really, they're just misunderstood" knuckleheads would never see how fated for each other they were the whole time. and we wouldn't have the chance for teary release and/or headshaking awshucks moments. i wonder what's in the other theater that's so noisy ... seems like they're having a good time in there?
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

October 19, 2010
Pretty good movie, it's really not a big deal kinda movie but I liked it and thought it had some meaning towards life as we know it. It has some funny moments but it's generally drama, still pretty good flick.

Cory T

October 17, 2010
Perhaps Heigl should choose her words more carefully when she complains about the misogyny of 'Knocked Up'. Every movie subsequent to it has portrayed her as a shallow, flaky control freak. Versality is not her strong suit.
Flutie A

May 26, 2010
Gave this a shot based on the director's involvement in the show 'Everwood'...needless to say, it really paid off!
Very good movie...a mix of pretty much everything, and despite fitting a predictable mold was very funny, surprising and satisfying.