Frozen

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Frozen Reviews

Wildaly M

July 29, 2012
Suspenseful, intense, heartwrenching, nail-biting, and just quite simply amazing. The performances and direction were brilliant. The script and dialogue could've been better but I loved what came out of this film.
Eric A

July 1, 2012
The acting and script may not be up to par, but I thought the movie was decent. It definitely stirred up a great "what if & what would you do?" conversation afterwards with my friends.
Jason O

October 22, 2011
Just average to me. I'd never heard of this film, but it caught my eye on Netflix and when I read its description (3 people stuck on a chair lift during a storm), I knew I had to see it, and soon. To be a thriller, it just lacked the thrills and excitement for me...much like "127 Hours" did.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

July 23, 2011
'Man vs Nature' thriller about three young friends who find themselves abandoned on a ski-lift with no hope of rescue for 5 days. A real good tension building gripper. It's one that makes you think "what would I do", and a couple of times stupid choices are made but that adds more edge-of-your-seat action. There's also a couple of nasty moments of injury detail from broken bones to frostbite. Definitely worth checking out.
Japes
Japes

May 26, 2011
This movie is amazing. I really enjoyed it. The characters were a little underdeveloped, but that was okay. It still managed to work itself out.

There was a lot of suspense in this movie that made it really thrilling. I haven't watched a good suspenseful movie in a while. People are saying the script was awful, but I didn't notice so it mustn't have been too bad. The acting wasn't as great as it probably could have been. *SPOILER****** The one friend dies (and he's the girl's boyfriend and the other guy's best friend), and they scream/cry for a little bit, but it really wasn't convincing. The girl was like "that was the boy I was going to marry", but she cried a little bit only once. I was like that's not realistic. They didn't seem too disturbed that their friend just got eaten by a pack of wolves, you know? I'd be pretty traumatized after an incident like that. Speaking of wolves, that whole part was really unrealistic. Wolves would not be ferocious like that. Wolves don't generally eat people, plus what are a pack of wolves doing at a populated ski resort? Wouldn't the commotion of skiers/snowboarders scare them away? I mean even if it was nighttime and the people left, I still doubt wolves would go near it. Wolves definitely wouldn't eat that dude, even if he was injured. They wouldn't care about him at all. Just sayin'. Oh and the chairlift falling down definitely wouldn't happen either. That's a safety hazard and the ski resort could get sued for something like that. There's no way they would have cheap chairlifts especially since the college kids said it was "soooo expensive to ride". If it was expensive, than the resort had enough money to make quality chairlifts. Know what I'm sayin? This movie is a little flawed.

But other than the flaws and the acting, I really really liked this film.
Anthony L

April 15, 2011
Due to the majority of people on flixster giving this film a high rating, I thought I'd give it a go but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one folks. I like the simple premise of the film, it is not original but it is still a good idea. However, when telling a simple story, with only three people in it and in a single location, the performances and the script have got to be top notch. In Frozen, neither the acting or script is very good at all, in fact both are terrible. If you don't care enough about the characters, why should you care if they live or die? I found the film unpleasant and a little dull, it's better than Adrift but if I were you I'd watch Open Water instead.
Bobby H

April 10, 2011
Three college students are trapped on a Ski-lift with the frightening prospect of being stranded up there for five days which will obviously lead to their demise.

It sounds like a pretty boring plot but in all honesty it was a great movie. It was fairly short which fit this movie well for what it was, in the time that was offered though, it was extremely suspenseful, frightening, and had a way of playing with your emotions from beginning to end. It's a good way to remind you how quick things can go from good to bad to over in a split second.

The only complaint I had was the ending was a little sudden, it was the end of their ordeal, but I would have liked to see a little bit more expansion on what happened. Over all, a fun movie (sort of) to check out on a bored night. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was entertaining enough.
Ken S

January 2, 2011
Not as good as Buried or 127 Hours but Frozen still packs a nice punch.
puffchunk
puffchunk

January 12, 2011
I went into this thinking it would be a throw away thriller movie, but I ended up liking it a lot. It was suspensful, realistically frightening, and had some reaaally gross parts. However, I think I could have solved their problems in about one minute: take off your clothes and make a rope out of them, have one guy climb down, pull your clothes back up and everyone get redressed and warm. Go get help. The end. However, it was pretty darn fun anyways. The only part I started to frown at was the lift breaking off...what are the odds of that really? Of all the bad stuff happening to them I didn't think throwing in something totally unlikely was adding to the reality of the story.
Roy G

December 31, 2010
Three teenagers stranded on a ski lift doesn't sound like the most enthralling concept for a thriller, but writer/director Adam Green (Hatchet) takes the idea to nail-chomping heights.
Josh L

December 30, 2010
A tense and frightening experience that had me clutching several times at my seat. It's got a terrific premise that truly is horrifying to even think about, and despite a few bumps in the road (cheesy dialogue, suspension of disbelief a little higher than the norm) it works. It doesn't quite have enough material for 90 minutes (I mean seriously, what can you do with characters being trapped on a ski lift when no one else is around?), but despite dragging on a little too long I thought it was a heck of an experience. Recent horror films have desensitized me to blood and gore because that is basically all they are about, but this one has characters worth rooting for and makes the blood and gore more than just effects to gross people out. I was genuinely terrified while watching and that's one of the best compliments I can give a horror film.
neverteaseaweasel
neverteaseaweasel

December 23, 2009
It's funny that everyone is comparing this film to Open Water. I haven't seen Open Water, but I remember seeing the posters when the film was first released and they scared the hell out of me. That really doesn't have anything at all to do with Frozen, but I thought I'd throw it out there. The film is flawed, there's no way around it, but there is also no denying that this is gripping stuff. It's the type of thing where your stomach clenches and you momentarily stop breathing. One of my big complaints, though, is that it appears throughout most of the film that it is headed one direction and then does something completely different towards the end. In the right situation, this could be a good thing, but here the actual conclusion isn't nearly as interesting as the conclusion that seemed to be coming. What's the phrase about the gun in the first act again? Anyway, I think it's worth watching. It's a horror movie and is truly terrifying at times. What more do you need really?
Sophie B

November 19, 2010
At the beginning the acting was extrememly over done and unnatural however as the film progressed it got better. I really connected with these characters and wanted them to survive. The main thing was I couldn't stop thinking about if I was in their position; I wouldn't survive. It was a bit scientifically incorrect as Parker's hand would not have come off that bar unless she broke it off, snapping her wrist. Also it was a bit too convienient that the wolves ignored her to eat Joe. At the end I felt like it wasn't really finished.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

November 12, 2010
Adam Green director of Hatchet directs this, tense, suspenseful and harrowing Horror film. A drastic departure from Hatchet, Green's new film is a terrific nail bitter of a film. Frozen is a film that builds up effective terror due to it's simplistic plot, three people stuck on a ski lift fighting for their lives for days. At times there are moments that lightens the tension, but Adam Green's script doesn't leave enough room for the characters to breath despite the few attempts to lighten the mood. Just when you thought that the characters are home free, something happens, and immediately the viewer is back in nail bitting mode. Frozen is a terrific film from Adam Green, and is one of Horrors most original films to come out in a long time. This is the type of film that proves that you don't need a huge cast to create terror. Frozen is a terrific follow up to Hatchet, another jaw dropping film by Adam Green. Adam Green has crafted a totally different film and has pulled off something truly terrifying. The film successfully builds the tension because it shows three people in a life or death situation with little chance of survival of escape. With a small cast, director Adam Green is able to get the most out of the actors, and the result is a film that is stunning, terrifying, suspenseful and thrilling. Frozen is the type of film that you need to ask yourself, how will this end? the story here demands that you stay on the edge of your seat till the very end. A solid well crafted film, Frozen proves that you don't need any demons, killers or ghouls to create effective terror. A very well done film, and a must see edge of your seat horror film.
Mark W

November 5, 2010
Considering this is a film that has three relatively unknown actors, on screen with nowhere else to go for almost the entire 90mins running time, it's surprising gripping.
After a day skiing in the mountains, Dan (Kevin Zegers), Joe (Shawn Ashmore) and Parker (Emma Bell) are the last ones on the ski-lift at the end of the day. Unknowingly, the staff believe everyone to have left, and switch off the lift, leaving them stranded 100 feet in the air and the mountain closed for the weekend. No-one will find them for days, and wolves gather below, leaving them fighting for their lives in the freezing cold and facing some very stark decisions to make.
If you like films where the characters are faced with life or death decisions to make, causing you to question yourself in a similiar situation then there's plenty to enjoy from this low-budget shocker. It's been said several times already but it really is like 2003's "Open Water". Not flashy in the slightest and the premise is very simple, which is what helps it work. Tension is built slowly and effectively by B-movie, horror director Adam Green and the three very promising young leads deliver the goods, amounting to a surprisingly enjoyable and tension filled hour and a half.
If you ask me, the best piece of advice the three youngsters could have been given in their predicament would have been...'Don't eat yellow snow'.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

March 15, 2010
A simple story made in one worst nightmare. Oh the irony of it all !! I thought it was an original movie and it was well made, very detailed and explicit.

In Mount Holliston, snowboarders Dan Walker, his girlfriend Parker O'Neil and his best friend Joe Lynch don't have enough money to buy cable car tickets. Parker bribes Jason, an employee of the skiing station, with one hundred dollars. When the system is nearing closure, they force Jason to let them have the last pass. However, Jason needs to resolve a problem and his colleague misunderstands his instructions and stops the cable car, and the trio of snowboarders gets stranded on the chairlift on the top of the mountain. When they see that the lights of the ski resort had been turned off, they need to make a choice: leave the chairlift or freeze to death.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 24, 2010
Cast: Emma Bell, Kevin Zegers, Shawn Ashmore, Kane Hodder, Ed Ackerman, Rileah Vanderbilt, John Omohundro, Adam Johnson, Chris York, Peder Melhuse

Director: Adam Green

Summary: Three friends hit the slopes for a weekend of skiing and snowboarding. But when they convince the chairlift operator to let them take one last run before closing, Parker (Emma Bell), Joe (Shawn Ashmore) and Dan (Kevin Zegers) find themselves stranded in midair, alone and freezing. It'll be days before anyone returns to the slopes, and their chances of survival are looking slimmer by the minute.

My Thoughts: "It has been awhile since I have watched a film that made me want to cover my eyes. What makes this film in a way terrifying, is how simple it is. It would be so simple to end up in this kind of situation. Humans against nature films are more terrifying then slasher films because they are more realistic. These things can happen. It's not a horror or even a thriller really, it's just a scary situation. *SPOILER*The reasons for me covering my eyes was do to the fact that I can't handle bones sticking out. It turns my stomach. Plus the wolves ripping that poor guy apart made me nauseous. Yet I can watch scary films all the time with lots of blood and gore. I think it was that this film felt more real then those other films do.*END OF SPOILER* I thought the film was pretty good for it to be depending on the acting from these three actors. I thought they all did amazingly well and were believable in their roles. Definitely a film worth taking a look at."
Dean !

October 24, 2010
A simple idea that is done really well. It compares well to other films like Open water where people find themselves in a perilous situation and have to battle to survive. Despite most of the film just set on a ski lift it is quite engrossing. Most will be thinking what would I do in that situation. The cast do well it and doesn't need any effects really, filmed on location in the cold for more realism. Well worth a watch!
Cynthia S

September 13, 2010
Wow, for the suspense and thrills in this film alone I gave it 4 stars. I felt like I was there holding on for dear life with the stranded skiers. The disturbing images mentioned for the film are for real, so be warned squeemish viewers.