33% As Above/So Below Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Predators Reviews

August 28, 2014
The predator is back to its hunting roots.
August 17, 2014
a fine action move, but then I am sentimental that way
July 23, 2010
three star for the three star on it!
July 27, 2014
Yeah, it was a good survival movie that was a joy to watch. There was an intriguing beginning, and then we get introduced to the human characters on the alien planet, and then there is a bunch of swerves and twists and then there is a bunch of action and explosions with big and bigger guns, so if you like stupid sci-fi junk without any real plot or loopholes, then this movie is a blast of escapism and pure visual fun. Not really anything more than a bit of escapism, but then again, that's exactly what I wanted when looking forward to seeing this movie - and it actually had some surprises and a truly visually stunning and pulpy seedy tone to it that makes for very good sci-fi/action/entertainment. I guess it's partly because the cast was pitch perfect and the characters they played were all goofs and were interesting. Plus the make-up effects of the predators are some of the best ever (in hd - great to watch) and for pure joy and entertainment, it's one of the best movies ever for just sheer funness!
July 9, 2014
The original Predator, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, ranks up there with some of the creepiest films I know. Like the original Jaws preyed off our psychological fear of not knowing what's beneath our feet in the ocean, Predator preyed off of our fear of being stalked, followed, and hunted. It didn't have so many in your face freak out moments, but it did a great job at building tension, and provided us with some great action and classic Arnold one liners. I was not a big fan of Predator 2, and I thought both AvP movies were kinda lame, so I was really hoping this movie could bring the series back to original roots. In my opinion, it accomplishes this task admirably. The mood is creepier than ever, the characters, while they are a little underdeveloped, are all portrayed very well by the stellar cast, and the Predators themselves look absolutely badass. The nostalgic touches are also more than welcome when they appear.
July 23, 2014
You know what you're getting into. It's not the pinnacle of good film making or ground braking cinematography. It's Predators hunting people. And for that, it's fun.
July 22, 2014
Adrian Brody is a unlikely action hero that is what makes this movie so good he captured little bits of Schwartsnegger here and there in my opinion.
July 9, 2014
It's not great but it's solid and delivers better suspense and action than previous installments.
CoolCatPat7
July 1, 2014
It's not that bad.The predators were actually pretty terrifying in this one.
July 1, 2014
this is a movie you can sit through on cable/satellite, but that's it - it was pretty idiotic, but watchable
June 25, 2014
Somewhat predictable and misguided. Doesn't do anything to further the legacy of the franchise but doesn't tarnish it either.
Eric B.
July 10, 2010
Great way to keep the franchise alive. it has a very interesting story with great action, plot twists, and great actors with some humor to keep it rolling.
June 15, 2014
Disastrous and surprisingly predictable, this insulting reboot really should consider what made the first film so good. From the unconvincing action stars to the concept of having lots of predators tarnished what was good about the original.
June 12, 2014
Praise the lord, he listened, and gave us the "Predator" film we've been waiting for since the original. "Predators" is an exciting, and awesome film that goes back to it's jungle hunting roots! "Predator" fans should not be disappointed!
May 29, 2014
A decent action movie, quite reminiscent thematically to the original. The "sport planet" is an interesting idea, however you'd think the prey would be given a bit better odds than they had - where is the sport in taking down victims who barely possess weapons that can harm the hunter? The group dynamic was forced and reduced my enjoyment. Figured the doctor out from the start. Not bad but far from the good time I had watching the first one back in the 80's.
July 9, 2010
Look the first part I hope it really good
November 6, 2012
Ever since I was a little kid, I have always loved Predator 1 & 2 (Predator 2 is fucking awesome, dammit! It doesn't deserve the shit it gets!), so I was intrigued by the thought of a new Predator film. But, for whatever reason, I never went to see it and I didn't watch it until four years after it came out. Thankfully, I got the chance to watch it after I found in stores and I finally gave in and bought it. Needless to say, as you can see, I was not disappointed with Predators.

The plot is simple: a ragtag group of people, mostly comprised of criminals, find themselves trapped on a planet and they have no idea why they're there. As they investigate and find more people, it turns out they're now the mice in a dangerous cat-and-mouse game against the formidable and iconic aliens from the Predator films and must find a way to survive this deadly game.

The plot while simple, doesn't play dress up and never gets in the way of the action. It's intriguing to keep you guessing in certain areas such as why the Predators would bring them to that planet, as well as interesting concepts like an internal war among the predators with different types fighting against each other. The characters aren't particularly memorable and just fall into their respective stereotypes of muscle men, hardened men, a strong female character who is badass, and a dipshit and whiny male character.

As far as action goes, Predators is splattery, action-packed fun from start to finish. The cat-and-mouse game the Predators play with the humans is intense and is practically nonstop excitement with just enough of a plot to keep it flowing. I was thrilled, I was satisfied as a gorehound, and I had a whole lot of fun with it as a whole.

If you're looking for a fun action film that doesn't try to add any frills to its story, Predators is for you, and it is also a worthy addition to the Predator franchise. If you like good gory, action-packed fun, this will give you the goods.
April 13, 2014
For me, this is the sequel the original film deserved. I was so disappointed by Predator 2 that i thought it would take a miracle for the franchise to be saved. That miracle came in the form of Nimrod Antal's Predators. Whereas in most recent Sci-Fi action films the acting can be "wooden", no such word can be used for the acting in this film. Adrien Brody gives one of the best performances of his career as Royce, a mercenary. Royce is a very complex and mysterious lead character that gives a breath of fresh air to a genre that is used to main characters with steroid filled bodies with not much acting talent. Their is a wide range of character personality thanks to the very good acting of such names as Topher Grace, Laurence Fishburne and Alice Braga. I was very impressed with the addition of the new-look "super-predators" alongside the familiar face of the original because it made a much more interesting background story, that shows the viewer that there is a hierarchy in the Predator species. Also, the addition of other extra-terrestrial species created a wider range of action scenes. The one criticism I have of the film was that parts of the plot were very similar to the original. This made the film a bit more predictable but it was still very enjoyable to watch.
March 31, 2014
Hell yeah, this is where it's at. Predator done proper!