41% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Breakout Reviews

Christopher B

January 13, 2008
Should've been called Charles Bronson and friends. Chuck, Robert Duvall, Randy Quaid, John Huston and, of course, Jill Ireland star in this really fun flick where Bronson plays a fast talking, con-man, airplane pilot hired by Ireland to break out her husband from prison. Along with seeing Bronson in a fun role this is well worth seeing just for a splatterific scene straight out of Braindead (or Raiders of the Lost Ark for the strong stomached). After watching this I think the Russell Crowe, Meg Ryan flick Proof of Life (which I also enjoyed, gotta love David Morse and Caruso) should've been credited as a remake.
July 3, 2007
A damn fun prison break flick. The young Randy Quaid is hilarious to see! ;D Just a generally cool 70s flick. Worth seeing for sure.
KevinRobbins
April 6, 2014
The day I'm reduced to making love in here...that's the day I give up.

A prisoner wrongfully accused and sent to prison tells his wife he has a plan to breakout. She cuts a con artist pilot a check to help her break him out, when he discovers the mission, he offers to pull the mission through for $50k. They agree and begin an adventure to rescue the husband...but will they fall in love in the process?

"I've never been raped."
"We should all be so lucky."

Tom Gries, director of Breakheart Pass, Helter Skelter, 100 Rifles, Will Penny, Journey through Rosebud, Lady Ice, and Girl in the Woods, delivers Breakout. The storyline for this picture is above average for the genre and fun to watch unfold. The script is pretty witty and the characters are interesting. The cast includes Charles Bronson, Robert Duvall, Randy Quad, Jill Ireland, and Sheree North.

"What are you going to do, condemn a man because he was caught?"

I DVR'd this because it starred Charles Bronson, Robert Duvall, and John Huston (in a small role). All three of these men are eccentric, recluse, Hollywood heavyweights and I thought it would be cool to see them in a picture together. Overall, this is an above average action picture that is worth a viewing but far from a classic or worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Rape me. I'll help you."

Grade: C+
Sgt. Cockstrain
December 7, 2013
(58%)
A fun 70's actioner with a good cast, and an on fine form Bronson performance. The story is as simple as bread and butter that works very well here, and the movie also boasts one of the best bad guy deaths ever put to film. Randy Quaid dressed up as a woman was hilarious. Well worth a look.