Conquest

Conquest Reviews

thefog1331
thefog1331

November 6, 2007
Hardcore cheese. Like most of Fulci's films its long on ideas but short on coherence. Loved the first line of end credits which is a disclaimer that reads, "Any reference to people or events is purely coincidental".
Oh yeah cuz there's a chance of that happening.
Beefy
Beefy

September 30, 2007
I wanted to like this more, with it's bare breasts and gore galore. Alas, it moved sooooo slow and looked like it had been shot through a veil of panty hose.
Patrick D

January 2, 2009
This film is out of control.
By no stretch of the imagination should this film get 4 stars on a critical level, but on the cheese scale it's a strong effing 4.
This ridiculous fantasy film by Lucio Fulci is simply jam-packed with moments that are both awful, hilarious and down right insane.
I was alone watching this and still had so much fun. It's undeniably one big FAIL that turned into one of the most geniusly bad film ever made.
See this sucker, if you're a fan of great bad films, and make your year.
Down to the "sets" and costumes this film screen brilliant B-movie, and don't forget Fulci, of Zombi 2 fame, with his interesting filming style and his tendency towards heavy gore. It's all in this film.

One lesson you'll learned from this sucker: dolphins are very helpful but take their goddamned sweet time.
Christopher B

January 20, 2008
Fulci's sword and sorcery epic with far more gore than any others. Enjoyable if the mood is right.
engrymfilm
August 8, 2009
This is real shit. Not really but I felt like qouting Windy City Heat. But this underrated Fulci effort is great stuff. If anything it's plain cool from the many creature designs, and the overuse of fog machines (overuse is an understatement). Fulci was at a creative peak with this though and his trademark gore of course is on showcase along with werewolves and yes, even a zombie attack scene. Right in the middle of this movie. It's great watch it now it's one of his top 5 best. Haters be damned
flynnparadox
December 1, 2006
Very gory but underwhelming and uninspired sword & sorcery epic from Fulci. As always, Fulci's immense hatred of women is on display here. That wouldn't be a problem if the story or acting or directing were of a higher quality, however...
July 17, 2013
Murky cinematography doesn't help this gory Lucio Fulci fever-dream.
April 20, 2012
The blood, gore and gratuitous nudity would be more amusing if the film didn't look as though it were shot through a layer of vaseline on the lens.
Danny H.
July 6, 2010
My god, this film was. Odd. I won't say it was terrible but more or less forgettable. Not much happened in this movie that was worth talking about, or even mentioning. Oh it threw a few curveballs my way and for that I give it credit. But I can see why many called this Lucio Fulci's decent into weaker films. You could've done better Fulci, you seriously could.
Todd S
January 29, 2007
[font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#000000]Lucio Fulci is regarded as one of the best and most controversial of Italian horror movie directors. With this movie he showed that he needed to stay in that field and not try the fantasy film genre again. An evil witch tries to kill the heroes because of a prophecy that they will kill her. Everyone is in the Stone Age, I guess because arming everyone with swords would have broken the budget or something. The story is very weak and the actors (using the term pretty loosely) do nothing to help it along. The soundtrack is laughable. The special effects are pretty average for a 80s movie. There is plenty of gore in this one, but hey, it?s Lucio Fulci! That?s to be expected! Really, this one isn?t worth the time it took to watch it. Even the fairly constant female nudity didn?t help.[/color][/size][/font]