Crawlspace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crawlspace Reviews

½ May 25, 2009
Landlord Kinski uses crawlspace to spy and kill his female tenants. On the upside, however, one tenant describes the place as quite affordable. Creepiness factor is off the charts here with the diabolical Kinski; never explains how all the bodies are disposed.
March 1, 2015
Well this movie was fucked but at least it had a clear cut ending
½ October 29, 2014
I honestly don't think anyone could have gave a more disturbing performance then Klaus Kinski!
December 6, 2014
Please Kill Mr Kinski. Hahaha! The notoriously difficult actor managed to posses director David Schmeoller to produce a short film on the exploits of Mr Kinski on set of "Crawlspace". Kinski is however a very gifted actor and this film remains interesting solely by his very presence. Kinski is quoted as saying on the set "Don't yell cut. Why do directors always yell cut? You will stop when I am finished."
½ June 29, 2011
A very straightforward thriller with Klaus Kinski as a killer Nazi landlord.
It was enjoyable enough but then all of a sudden everyone is dead except the one girl who survives and saves the day.
It would have been nice to see him actually do all the murders but it had some fun scenes and Klaus was creepy.
It was produced by Charles Band so it helped make sense of the b-movie quality the movie gave off.
November 6, 2014
True Klaus Kinski is a great actor, but this film really does not do it justice, the leitmotif of the character has too many holes, if he enjoys killing their victims do not understand the final crashing and why leaves threatening all meticulously displayed and built to rush to destroy his empire control. This film had a lot to give but ultimately just leaves a bad taste.
October 18, 2014
CRAWLSPACE IS A GREAT HORROR FILM. KLAUS KINSKI'S PERFORMANCE AS THE DERANGED NAZI IS SPECTACULAR. ANY AND ALL FANS OF HORROR FILMS SHOULD SEE AND THIS FILM AND ADD THIS FILM TO THEIR COLLECTION. THIS FILM IS ALWAYS IN MY TOP 10 LIST BEST HORROR FILMS OF ALL TIME
½ May 11, 2014
Crawlspace spins a yarn about an insane landlord (Klaus Kinski) who's keeping too much of a close eye on the female tenants in his apartment building... so much so that he's using hidden crawlspaces throughout the building to keep watch of every move that they make. The film was directed by David Schmoeller, there's a terrific score by the great Pino Donaggio and special makeup effects were done by John Carl Buechler. Klaus Kinski gives a chilling performance as a former Nazi obsessed with killing off his renters. I wouldn't consider Crawlspace so much a horror movie as I would a thriller. For the most part, there isn't a whole lot of hack and slash. The film feels almost claustrophobic in some ways and almost Wes Craven-ish in nature. I also got a Peeping Tom vibe from it, as well. It doesn't come off like a lot of thrillers and horror movies from around that timeframe, which makes it a little more interesting. It's a B movie, there's no two ways about it, but considering that the director had to work with the notoriously-difficult-to-work-with Kinski and got the film to come off as well as it did, is a feat in and of itself.
March 11, 2014
I get the sense that they shot a great movie here and cut it into a confusing mess. Too bad.
½ May 13, 2013
A very kinky Kinski slithers around the crawlspace--Dr. Gunther! Your a very bad man!!
½ February 15, 2013
I was really enjoying this movie and Kinski until the little twist we learn about his character makes it all very cliche by the end. Still, it's worth watching, Kinski plays a real psycho, and that's always entertaining, I think. It's a pretty good scary flick.
November 30, 2012
84%

"I use'd to kill in the name of science, now I kill because I'm addicted to killing."-Dr. Karl Gunther (Klaus Kinski)

I'll watch anything this weirdo is in. Better then PEEPING TOM.

"So be it."-Gunther
July 29, 2012
Should have been called "Ventilation Shaft" but yeah not very good. The film seemed to revolve around the main villain being crazy and messed up rather than crazy messed up stuff happening to his victims.
JonathanHutchings
½ March 24, 2012
All you need to know is that Klaus Kinski plays a psychotic Nazi landlord. That will either intrigue you, or it won't. As you can see, I'm in the former category.
February 9, 2012
Ridiculously awful. A mishmash of genres and styles that has absolutely no idea what it wants to be with the worst T&A ever - even for gratuitous nudity the little bit in the movie was bad (and come on, how can hot naked girls be bad???). Take the worst elements from the worst sorority horror, Nazi hunters, demented doctor, caged victim films blend randomly and it will still be better than this. You can safely skip this movie
January 26, 2012
Brilliant European horror with a great Kinski performance!
John2223
½ May 7, 2011
What a waste of time! Don't trust in the trailer, it is misleading
September 26, 2011
If you like Klaus Kinski creeping around in crawlspaces, keeping chicks in cages, and killing co-eds, this could be considered a classic!
Beefy
½ November 17, 2007
Silly, unbelievable, slow moving... but Kinski makes it worth the watch.