Father Brown (The Detective) Reviews

May 22, 2011
An enjoyable detective story that has an interesting character at the center of it. At first I wasn't impressed by Alec Guinness as Father Brown, but he grew on me and by the end of the film I thought he was very well-cast. I admit I haven't read Chesterton's original stories, and while this doesn't inspire me to read all of them, I'm mildly interested in checking one or two out to see how well the film fits.
½ June 2, 2010
Alec Guinness is excellent as Father Brown, a priest who also works as a part-time detective. He is perfectly cast. The supporting cast is fine. Great story, well written and Robert Hamer capably directs. Amusing and a good mystery as well. Another great Guinness comedy from the early 1950?s.
February 23, 2012
Juntar um dos melhores actores e um dos melhores escritores não garante um filme superlativo, mas ainda assim (C) tocante e divertido.
½ June 2, 2010
73/100. Alec Guinness is excellent as Father Brown, a priest who also works as a part-time detective. He is perfectly cast. The supporting cast is fine. Great story, well written and Robert Hamer capably directs. Amusing and a good mystery as well. Another great Guinness comedy from the early 1950's.