Duel

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Duel Reviews

September 15, 2014
A well-written masterpiece that started off a career for its director in Spielberg as a master of suspense. The exterterminator's car with the anagrammed Grebleips name and the railroad crossing scene had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. One of the greatest movies of all time in hindsight.
August 14, 2014
Rooted for the trucker....sorry.
August 9, 2014
its a perfect thriller from the 70's
August 7, 2014
Best Film by Far, even for a First Feature Film by the amazing Legendary Steven Spielberg, i'd give it a 5 star Rating
August 3, 2014
Spielberg's first film realises every motorists greatest fear.
Daniel D

July 21, 2014
As a semi-paranoid driver the idea of being terrorized by a tractor- trailer on an empty highway sounds terrifying to me. When I read the synopsis to Duel, I imagined a gripping thriller. And Duel is gripping, but there were no thrills. I believe the main reason is the chase is set in broad daylight, if this was set at night it would add a more isolated and vulnerable setting. Dennis Weaver was a convincing protagonist but his fear and paranoia were more spoken than needed, his physical acting didn't say enough. The film is still worth a watch due to the great concept, and decent execution (it was in no way boring, and could've been handled way worse), plus it's cool to see where Spielberg began.
October 27, 2007
140715: I was impressed at the quality of this film considering it's age. Great choice of vehicles and colours. Weaver's internal monologue was the only real weak point in my opinion.
July 5, 2014
Its been 20 years since ive seen this movie. I never knew what it was called until today. I love this movie.
June 19, 2014
Duel has highly original, inventive, pretty tense and simply amazing first act, but the film is nonetheless a wasted potential with rather boring second act and so-so acting. It is also very flawed in terms of storytelling - you never really find out why the truck driver was after him the whole time. It has fine resolution and outstanding first act, but ended up being disappointing after all.
June 7, 2014
Surprisingly brilliant high-octane thriller by 23-year-old Steven Spielberg.
Dominic S.
March 18, 2014
An impressive start to a great career for Spielberg.
Great directing and and an action and suspense packed plot.
Connor G.
February 28, 2014
Incredibly well shot for a 70s TV movie, and rather gripping for the duration.
February 18, 2014
Creative story, great camera work. I thought the first 30 minutes of the film were captivating, and the final 30 minutes satisfying, but the middle 30 minute segment ran a little too slow and ran out of things to keep the audience sucked in.
January 31, 2014
Very suspenseful and thrilling and not boring as many people may say due to its simple plot.
May 29, 2012
Never has a truck been so scary!
December 12, 2013
A must see classic. It's just amazing how a simple plot can say so much about... everything! Strongly recommended.
January 3, 2014
Perfect! seen on tv when spielberg was not yet Spielberg...
December 21, 2013
Can't review objectively but the number 1 American road movie ever, for all the wrong reasons!
InDIGnation
December 15, 2013
Duel's deliberate pacing and clever composition make up for the questionable dialogue and over-the-top soundtrack, resulting in a thriller that's sure to remain a classic for years to come.