New Line Still Working on Escape from New York Remake

Summary

We haven't heard anything about it in awhile, but Vulture tells us the "Escape from New York" remake is still on -- and shares some details from the script, too. Back to Article

Comments

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Hollywood just never stops with the sequels, does it?

Feb 10 - 03:22 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

NEW LINE rarely makes bad moves . . . as long as it doesn't cast TAYLOR LAUTNER or ETHAN HAWKE as Snake Plissken it should do alright.

WILL SMITH as SNAKE PLISSKIN and
LAURENCE FISHBURNE as The Duke of New York
all fouled-up.

FUBAR =
FOULED-UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION
totally

Feb 10 - 05:23 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Jason Stratham as Snake.

Its the only way.

Feb 10 - 06:14 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Let it die, it was great and highly influential, but unless they get Spielberg, Cameron, Jackson, Nolan, or somebody of insanely great talent on this thing, I have little faith in it being worthy of the original.

Feb 10 - 06:19 PM

Testicular_Cancer

M Mikell

It's amusing that the "reworked" script will use a bit from the novelization of the original film: in addition to the skyrocketing crime rate, New Yawk will be abandoned after a "dirty bomb" attack and evacuation (in the novelization, it was nerve gas). Makes things a bit more plausible.

I think this is the one Carpenter film that MIGHT benefit from a remake with a bigger budget. It's the freaking Big Apple, people--and Carpenter's film, while ambitious and well-made and entertaining with a fantastic cast, never lets us forget it had a relatively tiny budget.

It's got to be better than the jawdroppingly awful rehash "Escape From L.A." (crosses fingers).

Feb 10 - 06:50 PM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

But but but but, no scene of Snake P chasing a car on a surfboard??

That scene made me LOL. And I never LOL. I guffaw, or chuckle, perhaps just smirk, or sometimes a girlish giggle when I'm alone, but I never LOL, nooo sirree. But that day, my friends... that day I LOLled!

Feb 11 - 12:17 AM

Dave J

Dave J

I had high expectations upon seeing the original because I assumed Snake was going to kick alot of convict a-s-s and was gravely disappointed since this film did receive an "R" upon it's release in 1981. I remembered this film had more dialogue than action!!! And the second one was even worse which was called "Escape to LA", but what do you sxpect from a PG rating!!! I think I had more fun playing the Rockstar game "Manhunt" then I did watching any of the films !!! The look and set up of "Escape to New York" was right but upon watching it, the film never seemed to matched this "R" rating. As a matter of fact "Escape from New York" is extremely tame in today's standards !!!!

Feb 10 - 07:07 PM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

But but but but, no scene of Snake P chasing a car on a surfboard??

Feb 11 - 12:17 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

Cast Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He was great as The Comedian in Watchmen and will be affordable for a big budget remake. I'm actually preferring him over Gerard Butler, who is annoying the h*ll out of me with his continuous romantic comedies after "300".

Feb 11 - 07:58 AM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

Butler can't lose that accent. That automatically makes him a bad choice.
I still can't get too interested in this, but I really love the terms of Carpenter's contract. Good for him!

Feb 11 - 09:59 AM

Sinister Minister

larry mcmichael

Blasphemy!!!!!! There is only one Snake Plissken! Damn you Hollywood! Damn you all to hell!

Feb 11 - 10:44 AM

Odd E.

Odd Even

Wow just wow...

Follywood at it again

Feb 11 - 02:20 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>