Fast Food - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Food Reviews

½ May 7, 2016
Two college losers become burger kings (pun intended) in this silly 80s romp.
½ June 15, 2014
stupid, dumb and ridiculous
but.....a lot of fun! If you like bad 80s movies!
April 19, 2013
Funny enough this tame pg-13 late 80's cheesy comedy (Pun Intended) was directed by Michael A.Simpson. Who is that you may ask? He is the guy who directed the 2 ultra violent,Nudity filled,horror sex comedy sequels to Sleepaway camp. This film is ok as a family comedy but fails as a teen sex comedy and just isn't that funny. This is a great nostalgia watch if you loved Jim Varney as I did as a youngster during the late 80's early 90's.
January 20, 2013
one of those movies I probably saw but can't remember
½ November 24, 2012
such a terrible movie! cheesy and weird and not funny at all.
December 4, 2011
Classic 80s movie with adorable Clark Brandon, Randal Patrick, Jim Varney & Tracy Griffiths. I enjoyed this movie a lot about your best friends being your family at the end of the day :) :)
½ August 5, 2012
Dumb, generic, utterly forgotten teen comedy from the 80s.
½ July 27, 2011
Jim Varney's brilliant performance alone is worth watching. Other than that, it's an 80's PG-13 version of Good Burger.
½ May 14, 2011
I think this is a nice, entertaining 80's movie to watch.
May 4, 2011
I didn't really love the characters but it was pretty funny.
bug761
April 26, 2011
The reason I bought the DVD was to see Jim Varney, but when I looked at the cover, I didn't think I was going to really like it. But, I found myself liking it after all. Wrangler Bob Bundy(Varney) was a very serious and mean guy and I instantly pegged him to be that way throughout the entire movie. So I felt it was safe to drink my soda.(It was Varney, I should've known better). But, just as I had a mouthful of soda, they went to a scene with Wrangler Bob Bundy riding one of those coin horses. It completely caught me off guard and I ended up with soda in my nose. Only Varney, who was 40 at the time, could pull off something like that. The film also has Blake Clark, one of Varney's friends who later voiced Slinky in Toy Story 3 as a tribute to Jim. All I have to say is, "The secret is in the sauce."
½ April 20, 2011
Can't believe before the other day i have never heard of this film. Jim Varney in a film outside his ernest role and still found him highly entertaining. Always been a fan of the college themed comedy films and this one fits right in. Blake Clark also although he wasn't in a major role had substantial screen time and it added to the movie as a whole. The movie went over so well because the main focus unlike in a lot of similar movies wasn't sex for once. For a movie that is 20 plus years old and slip under the radar like this on me i will never know how that happened. I do know i will be recommending it to others and watching it again myself in the near future.
movieguru12
August 12, 2010
Classic 80s movie with adorable Clark Brandon & Tracy Griffiths. I enjoyed this movie a lot about your best friends being your family at the end of the day :)
July 25, 2010
Really really dumb but also kind of enjoyable b movie about a fast food joint that mixes a powerful aphrodisiac into their secret sauce. Jim "Ernest" Varney plays the rival fast food tycoon. Lots of cheesy dialogue, acting and montages!
April 11, 2010
Fast Food is a movie about fast food with Jim Varney in it. I still remember the night it opened in my hometown, people camping out for 3 days, lined up around the block, guys scalping tickets on the street corner for 3 or 4 times their face value, and man, once you got inside, it didn't dissappoint! I actually got a small part in the sequel to this film called "Fun Meal" but the movie never got released because of a court battle with the distributor. I'm hoping one day it gets cleared up and it gets released. The producer did tell me he'd take it all the way to the Supreme Court if he had to. That was in 1991, and I'm still waiting!!! Please, if anyone is interested in getting "Fun Meal" released, write your Congressman!!!!
½ December 19, 2009
This is the kind of 80's trash that makes you wonder... "Did they make money off of this piece of crap?!"
½ May 24, 2009
This short is a parody of various Martin Scorsese films (mostly "Casino" and "Goodfellas", but a dash of "Taxi Driver" and "Raging Bull" as well) but set in a burger joint. Tom Fahn does an all right DeNiro. But Johnathan should just stick with directing. At 11 minutes it gets old, it could have been cut down be half. A few laughs, but a FAR better "Goodfellas" parody was a skit on "Mr. Show". Not to be confused with the other 4 films named "Fast Food" or the delightful videogame from the early 80's of the same name.
My Short Grade: C
Where I saw it: Atom Films
Reviewed by Kevin O'Keefe on IMDB
March 10, 2009
A Classic 80's Comedy !!!!
March 25, 2008
Jim Varney is perhaps the most disturbing character ever. Watch this wombat of a film.