Movies Like Fatal Attraction

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Fatal Attraction Reviews

Anthony L

November 27, 2012
Looking at Fatal Attraction 25 years after its release it is clear to see the influence it has had. It had aged somewhat but not too badly in the scheme of things. It's a classic 80's thriller, it somehow gets away with so much thanks to the decade it was made in. It's now famous death and bunny scenes are still good today, it obviously had an impact as the term 'bunny boiler' is a common household phrase. It was also nice to see the results of doing something bad, Michael Douglas's character is the bad guy and I agree with the message 'It's wrong to cheat', however I don't agree so much with the message 'Kill the mentally ill' but this is the 80's for you, the bad guy has always got to die.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 26, 2012
Fatal Attraction is a tense, taut and riveting drama thriller that has hints of the horror genre, but only suggests it. Instead, the film leaves you feel vulnerable at every turn, and make you think twice about having a one night stand if you're married. The acting is terrific, with a standout performance by Glen Close as the film's villain. The plot is well constructed, and steadily unfolds to keep you hooked from start to finish. Adrian Lyne's directing is great and he keeps you on the edge of your seat. Glen Close is just insane as Alex Forrest and she definitely makes the film what it is. I thoroughly enjoyed this picture and I thought it had memorable and tense moments. As far as thrillers are concerned, Fatal Attraction remains one of the best films in the genre. Everything about this flick is well done, the plot is intense, the acting is solid and the direction is precise. The film does possess a few limitations, but there's more solid material that weak material on-screen. This is a well executed film that delivers effective thrills throughout and with a phenomenal performance by Glenn Close; it is a film that is not easy to forget. If you're looking for an effective thriller, then give this film a shot. This was an exciting, pulse pounding film that is elevated by great performances, and although it has a simple concept, the acting makes it worthwhile. Fatal Attraction is a film that will make you think twice about committing adultery.
Nicki M

January 21, 2008
The only thing that ruins this personally is that I just couldn't buy Glenn Close as some hot woman. (Not that Michael Douglas is a catch himself quite honestly, but he had an attractive wife at home, and I couldn't see how he would be tempted by her). I nearly choked at the suggestion that Glenn's character was 36. Hell that's rough looking for 36! Not being horrible, Glenn is a fantastic actress and she plays this role well, but physically all wrong for it. I would have bought someone like (80's) Ellen Barkin here.
Once I got over that stretch of the imagination, this was a good movie, great acting from all the cast. Very well done and thought provoking. I have to admit, I found myself pitying both the women more than him (bought it all on himself as far as I am concerned). Glenn's character had some valid points about not going away and being ignored. She did lose me at the bunny boiling, though, cruelty to animals, not on. It did seem to me that all the rage got put onto her and "Michael" pretty much got away with it. (Not saying she wasn't tapped, but she clearly needed help, not a married man messing with her head for his own selfish disposal). I can't imagine why his wife took him back. Yes, they went through some traumatic experiences towards the end - car accident, disappearance of daughter, the bathroom scene - but it seems conveniently forgotten that all these events were caused by his infidelity. How could you trust him ever again?!
Good movie, but have to question the mindset of all involved!
Dean !

January 1, 2007
A classic thriller that set the standards on the stalker, obsessed ex, woman scorned after revenge genre. Quite raunchy for the time it was made. The tension really mounts as Glenn Close's character goes to increasing desperate measures to keep in touch with and get her man. One scene produced a term of phrase that is still used wildly even today for an obsessed ex.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Glenn Close plays an obsessed and very fragile woman extremely well. The ending was magnificent and I think the whole film was well played out and the plot was well thought about. A must see!
AJ V

September 6, 2010
The most intense thriller of the decade, an 80s classic! This is a romantic nightmare film, which is really quite unique, and the actors are brilliant. I loved this movie, and I highly recommend it.
Spencer S

August 9, 2010
Just what you expect it to be: a "this is what happens when you mess up," thriller combined with dramatization and bloody revenge. Douglas is great as always in his best movie making decade, and Close is just as brilliant as her other roles.
movieguru12
movieguru12

March 2, 2008
This was a really good movie. Great thriller film Glen Close's and Michael Douglas' performances were really good. :) Can watch this movie over and over. :) This is such a good thriller! :) I love this movie!!! :)
Conner R

December 8, 2009
While it's not exactly a great movie, seeing Glenn Close completely lose her mind is quite interesting to watch. In addition to that, there is the priceless bunny stew and a truly frightened Michael Douglas. It should be a warning for adultery, you can always end up with a crazy one.
Lady D

November 17, 2006
?and the term ?bunny boiler? was born!

A film that everyone knows the storyline, even if they haven?t seen it.

A good role for Glen Close, as you really do not offer any sympathy to her all the way through, she becomes the ultimate stalker and quite a hatred builds toward her character throughout the film. Certainly an 80?s film worth seeing, but is rather dated now.
Chris G

May 30, 2009
Fatal Attraction is about a lawyer (Michael Douglas) who seems to have the perfect, nuclear wife, child, almost home in the country who suddenly decides to have an affair with a woman he meets in conjunction with his business dealings named Alex (Glenn Close). It's supposed to mean nothing, but Alex goes bat shit, attempts suicide, and decides to make Dan's (Douglas) life a living hell.

I have one question about this film. How in the hell does it get the credit of starting a generation of "love turns them psycho" films that we got pelted with in the late '80's and the '90's. Fatal Attraction is obviously a remake of Clint Eastwood's Play Misty For Me from 1971. It's been updated for the yuppie generation with Eastwood's hippish California DJ who uses his radio prowess to bed ladies into Douglas' lawyer who is living in New York City because hippies were replaced by yuppies because we all wanted to be big shots in New York and the man whore DJ becomes the family man because AIDS was scaring the hell out of us in 1987. How no one got sued over this I have no idea.

Close is every man's nightmare- a woman who won't go away. I know that Michael Douglas is supposed to be the victim here, but you can see her point. Right? She delivers a performance that makes us feel sorry for her one minute, then we're scared to death she's going to do "something", then we just hate her to the point of wanting her dead. You've heard of the bad penny? She's a truckload of them.

Other than Close, this is your typical '80's film with stylish crap and a country house to get away from it all. It's entertaining, though if you've seen Misty you know what the hell is going to happen.
Jennifer X

April 6, 2009
A moderately stereotypical movie fueled by star power and the ubiquitous freakiness of Glenn Close. The shock value is still relevant twenty years later, which I appreciate, and although it's not exactly a work of cinematic genius it's certainly effective in what it tries to accomplish. Mostly this movie is all about the Close. Passion and manic tendencies go hand in hand. The heavyhanded foreshadowing of the water on the boob during sink sex was just that - heavyhanded - but it worked, somehow.
Cherry D

August 16, 2007
bunny boiler!
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Brilliant movie about a one night stand that goes wrong. Start of the term 'bunny boiler'.
Lafe F

July 7, 2007
A fascinating story of a woman stalking a man and his family after he spurns her. Glenn Close seems scary and powerful. I never understood what she did with his car in the parkade, or the little girl's rabbit - they need to show these things a bit more! The end battle in the house was great suspense.
sainttom93
sainttom93

July 5, 2007
Edge of your chair all the way!
deano
deano

March 15, 2007
This adult shocker works beautifully as a nail-biting update of Play Misty for Me. It is the married man's ultimate nightmare.
Leigh R

December 7, 2006
Intense and good.
garyX
garyX

December 7, 2006
The film that introduced the phrase "bunny boiler" to the vocabulary. A deeply average thriller where we are expected to feel sorry for Michael Douglas for cheating on his wife and then casting the object of his lust aside. My heart bleeds. Voyeuristic trash.
Michael G

November 28, 2006
I remember everyone talking about it when it came out and by the time I finally saw it all I could do was wonder what the hell the big deal was.