Fox Passes on David Cronenberg's The Fly Sequel

Summary

And in other Cronenberg sequel news, Viggo Mortensen is still attached to "Eastern Promises 2." Back to Article

Comments

King Crunk

King Crunk

I'm down for anything Cronenberg, so I do not care what he is doing, I'll see it.

Nov 19 - 02:13 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

. . . it been too many years to do a sequel anyway; you have to do a remake and a sequel in the same movie.

WRITE down all the scenes and ideas that you want to see in the sequel AND THEN write another script beginning at the beginning with all of the "sequel ideas and scenes in it."

FOX really shouldn't adroitly pass on the idea; merely ask for another screenplay that it is willing to produce.

Its important to make good science-fiction movies to help stimulate the minds of future audiences.
-----------------------------------

OCCUPY!!!!!

The Book of Enoch

The Book of Enoch (also 1 Enoch[1]) is an ancient Jewish religious work, traditionally ascribed to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah. It is not part of the biblical canon as used by Jews, apart from Beta Israel. It is regarded as canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and Eritrean Orthodox Church, but no other Christian group.

Western scholars believe that its older sections (mainly in the Book of the Watchers) date from about 300 BC, and the latest part (Book of Parables) probably was composed at the end of the 1st century BC.[2]

It is wholly extant only in the Ge'ez language, with Aramaic fragments from the Dead Sea Scrolls and a few Greek and Latin fragments. There is no consensus among scholars about the original language: some propose Aramaic, others Hebrew, while the probable thesis, according to E. Isaac, is that 1 Enoch, like Daniel, was composed partially in Aramaic and partially in Hebrew.[3]:6 Ethiopian scholars generally hold that Ge'ez is the language of the original from which the Greek and Aramaic copies were made, pointing out that it is the only language in which the complete text has yet been found.[4]

A short section of 1 Enoch (1 En 1:9) is quoted in the New Testament (Letter of Jude 1:14-15), and is there attributed to "Enoch the Seventh from Adam" (1 En 60:8). It is argued that all the writers of the New Testament were familiar with it and were influenced by it in thought and diction.[5]

------------
. . . . essentially The Book of Enoch describes The Demons that inhabit the Earth.

Nov 19 - 06:02 PM

Janson Jinnistan

I have that book. I like mythology. Cronenberg should do a film about John Dee. Or Lovecraft even.

Nov 19 - 06:33 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Welcome to 'Adventures in Wikipedia' with your host Gordo! Tonight's episode: Cutting & pasting, the meaningless art of pseudo-intellectualism.

Nov 21 - 08:34 AM

Nov 19 - 06:33 PM

Flash T.

Flash T

Cronenbergs Fly is a fantastic bit of horror (Even if Gina Davies stunk the place up), Fox are idiots for passing.

Nov 20 - 02:46 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

I thought she was pretty damn phenomenal in the role...

Nov 20 - 09:11 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Absolutely. Devastating ending, which is all GEENA.

Nov 20 - 10:07 PM

Flash T.

Flash T

Sorry guys just can't agree she's more wooden than the sets in this one. I've always like Daviesbut not in this film.

Nov 21 - 04:07 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I think they are idiots for passing too. I'd have definitely hit the theaters to see it.

Nov 20 - 08:46 AM

Logan L.

Logan Locke

What's this? A film studio turned down a remake? Say it isn't so!

Nov 20 - 09:10 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

It was probably pretty awesome, which goes against the rules for horror remakes.

Nov 20 - 11:28 AM

Flash T.

Flash T

I can see the Fox execs now "Cronenberg? What music videos dose he have on MTV right now? Does he even do horror?"

Nov 21 - 04:09 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Music Videos on MTV. That's adorable.

Nov 21 - 11:34 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Nov 20 - 11:28 AM

Flash T.

Flash T

Nov 21 - 04:09 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Music Videos on MTV. That's adorable.

Nov 21 - 11:34 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

I thought she was pretty damn phenomenal in the role...

Nov 20 - 09:11 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Absolutely. Devastating ending, which is all GEENA.

Nov 20 - 10:07 PM

Flash T.

Flash T

Nov 21 - 04:07 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Absolutely. Devastating ending, which is all GEENA.

Nov 20 - 10:07 PM

Flash T.

Flash T

Nov 21 - 04:07 AM

Flash T.

Flash T

Nov 21 - 04:07 AM

Flash T.

Flash T

Nov 21 - 04:09 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Music Videos on MTV. That's adorable.

Nov 21 - 11:34 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships