—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Footloose Reviews

John M

June 29, 2008
Kevin Bacons shining moment? I dont know but i still watch this one I catch it on TV. Fun movie.
Carlos M

December 29, 2010
Sure it makes not much sense that the teenagers of this small town that has outlawed dancing for five years could all dance so well, yet this is an enjoyable film with a great soundtrack, while Lithgow's character is shown as more complex than your typical zealot antagonist.
Nicki M

December 12, 2007
That rare brand of teen 80's movie that I don't especially like. Not sure why, I love the 80's, but this one never did anything for me...
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

November 28, 2008
All he wanted to do was dance.

Excellent! One of the best 80's films ever made.. "Footloose" is a fun and very lighthearted motion picture that promises a good time and delivers. A film of enormous charm. It's about dancing but unlike many films about dancing it doesn't take itself seriously. It's loose-limbed and goofy and it lifts you up. I would highly recommend this film, it's a fun one to watch. Kevin Bacon is totally cool and a must see for Footloose.

Classic tale of teen rebellion and repression features a delightful combination of dance choreography and realistic and touching performances. When teenager Ren and his family move from big-city Chicago to a small town in the West, he's in for a real case of culture shock. Though he tries hard to fit in, the streetwise Ren can't quite believe he's living in a place where rock music and dancing are illegal. There is one small pleasure, however: Ariel, a troubled but lovely blonde with a jealous boyfriend. and a Bible-thumping minister, who is responsible for keeping the town dance-free. Ren and his classmates want to do away with this ordinance, especially since the senior prom is around the corner, but only Ren has the courage to initiate a battle to abolish the outmoded ban and revitalize the spirit of the repressed townspeople. Fast-paced drama is filled with such now-famous hit songs as the title track and "Let's Hear It for the Boy."
Lady D

July 28, 2006
[My predicted rating: 2.5]

Just as they remake this film the original shows up on tv. A Classic 80's teen movie with lots of corny cliches. Boy meets girl, the town has banned music, boy brings music to the town for everybody to dance to.

A fun watch, if only to see a few recognisable faces, Kevin Bacon, Chris Penn, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dianne Wiest...
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 16, 2011
Footloose is an entertaining drama starring Kevin Bacon, and is one of the defining films of the 80's. The film focuses on a teen played by Kevin Bacon who moves to a small religious community who has banned dancing and rock music due to a horrible accident five years earlier. Footloose may seem dated by today's standards, but this is still a fun film with a great story, good soundtrack a good cast and good acting. This film like so many other films such as The Breakfast Club, Ferris Beuller's Day Off and countless other Teen comedy/drama films definitely made an impact on cinema. Footloose, like I've said looks dated, but the angst of teenage rebellion is still relevant among teens that are growing up in an overprotective society. That for me was what Footloose was about. This film has a great cast, and though the film is somewhat silly, and its core is a powerful film about teens speaking up for their beliefs. I thoroughly enjoyed Footloose, more than I expected to. I didn't expect that I would like it the way I did. This is a fun film that blends drama, and hints of comedy very well. The cast is wonderful, and this is a film that you have to watch with an open mind. Sure the film is not what it used to be, but compared to many other dance films, this one is the best. A good film that doesn't deserve the flack it has received.
KJ P

October 1, 2010
Footloose is a coming-of-age classic in my eyes, as the new kid on the block (Kevin Bacon) tries to fit in to a school where fights are a day-to-day routine. It is obviously predictable, but the story is so deeply heartwarming and charming that it becomes an irresistible celebratory phenomenon for the ages. The acting is great, the dancing is spectacular for it's time, and the motions are spewing like wild-fire. This is one 80's classic that I will never forget and will be able to watch over and over again. With extravagant dance sequences, loveable characters, a great (yet predictable) premise, and a conclusion that will literally send chills down your spine and "Cut Loose". Footloose is awesome in every sense of the word, and I love it!
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
FOOTLOOSE is an entertaining film. It has the brains and the beauty, the dance-y and the slow, the moves and the rhythm. It also has a nice plot, and it's one of those plots that is so brilliant that a choreographer, such as Kenny Ortega, would finish watching and immediately remark, "Why didn't I think of that?" Overall, it was just a lot of mediocre performances (aside from the choreography), but to anyone who can relax for once instead of being so critical will enjoy it. The remake may kill this one's fame, though--just an honest warning.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
One of the best 80's films! I feel completely in love with Kevin Bacon! A different storyline to which was refreshing! A must see! It's a classic!
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
This movie is about how a big city boy can make a big difference. Great music along with Chris Penn, Lori Singer, and adorable Kevin Bacon. This movie is a must see!!! I really do adore this movie! So great! :) Just a great 80s movie that me & my mom dance & sing along too :) I just love it!
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I know, it's a classic 80s teen movie, but I don't think it's all that great, personally. I mean who cares if they outlaw dancing? There are lots of other fun things to do. Other than the silly plot, I liked this movie, the actors are good, and there's some good music in the movie too. I just can't get over the plot.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
2 stars
Spencer S

December 13, 2008
It was okay altogether, but its obvious allure was dance and rebellion. Nowadays everything in film seems demure. Every day. The concept is sometimes lost on my generation. Doesn't damage the great quality of the film though.
Leigh R

November 9, 2006
Dynamic! Soundtrack is superb and Kevin Bacon was just amazing... LOVE IT!
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

May 4, 2010
Groundbreaking montages, Sweet sweet soundtrack.
Brian D

June 10, 2009
Lori Singer is still hot..lol
Classic movie 80's movle with still one of the best movie soundtracks to come out of the 80.'s. And one of the first movies i saw under age in the cinema......o yes its good to be bad....lol
Anthony L

September 30, 2009
Makes me want to dance around in an abandoned warehouse! In fact, I think I might do tomorrow!
Jason O

August 15, 2009
Ren (Kevin Bacon) is a city boy who has moved to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned. Of course, since Ren is the new kid in town, he has some problems with some people accepting him and fitting in in general. But what bothers Ren a lot more than fitting in is not being able to dance or play music when he wants to. He then organizes a plan to try his best and convince the leaders of the town to have a dance in the high school for his senior year. But it won't be as easy as it sounds because Ren's main opponent is his girlfriend's father (John Lithgow), who is the town's pastor.
"Footloose" is a great all-around movie. I'm sort of surprised that I liked it because I myself don't like dancing, but this really is a good movie. Its plot and acting are well done, it's entertaining, and best of all, it has some great music. Another good thing about the movie is the speech that Ren makes concerning the dance, it's one of the best speeches ever in any movie. As a matter of fact, the Footloose soundtrack is the best soundtrack ever in my opinion, and it is just as classic as the movie itself.

"Footloose" was one of the movies that stood out in the 80s and it's still a standout and a great movie to watch today. I recommend anybody who likes great movies to get "Footloose." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
Best. Kevin Bacon. Dance. Scene. Ever.
Tim S

February 27, 2009
In the case of logic, there is a lot to hate about this movie. I mean, first of all, I know this was the eighties, but it wasn't the 1880's and I really have a hard time buying into a town that can't do ANYTHING including dancing. Unless they were in Utah, I really don't see how this is possible. But who needs logic when you have the charming, rule breaking Kevin Bacon. He was one of the first to teach me it was okay to go against the grain: even if against the grain meant dancing my ass off alone in a factory. There is also some great 80's asshole moments that made me chuckle. It's like somebody said, the eighties were great because you knew going in it was going to be cheesy and it allowed you to get lost in the film. To this day has that rarely happened for me, but this is one example.