Fun with Dick and Jane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun with Dick and Jane Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
I liked this movie for the most part, there are a lot of funny scenes, but it also has lulls in the story. It could have been better, and surprisingly the remake was better.
garyX
April 4, 2007
Jane Fonda and George Segal have an easy going charm and likeability that's at the core of this light comedy, but opportunities for wit and social satire are glossed over by a toothless script. Watchable but vacuous.
½ December 14, 2010
**1/2 (out of four)

I really liked Jane Fonda and George Segal. Their charms and charisma make up for the weaknesses in the story. As good as they are, they don't quite save it.

When Dick (Segal) loses his job, he and his wife (Fonda) won't give up on their luxuries. Instead they take to a life of crime, stealing and robbing cars and banks.

Fun to a point, but it runs out of plot way too quickly.
December 22, 2007
This Dick and Jane is the all time classic. It is a hoot. One to see. Jane Fonda and George Segal gelled.
July 16, 2007
Definitely superior to the silly 2005 remake. It starts off somewhat blandly, but about halfway through it starts picking up and from there to the end is solidly fun, if never hilarious. I wouldn't watch it again, but it was definitely worth seeing once.
½ July 6, 2007
not a great movie or funny when you realize this happened to people at Enron but they didn't get their happy endings
½ February 20, 2007
This flim was hot and great evern know jane Fonda was in it and I'm not a big fan of henry fond'a daughter but it was great
July 28, 2006
6.5/10. Fun With Dick and Jane is far better than it?s sequel, the characters are more defined, the comic situations are funnier and Jane Fonda is terrific. Great fun, clever plot with some fine writing.
June 4, 2006
I recently found an old vhs tape of this at a flea market, and I had to have it! An old favorite of mine since the 70's.
½ July 22, 2005
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][color=white]George Segal and Jane Fonda, playing [font=Arial][color=white][font=Verdana]an upper-class married couple who resort to robbery when they?re faced with unemployment,[/font][/color][/font] have interesting chemistry in this lightweight farce that never quite rises above its dated material.[/color][/font][/font]
June 28, 2015
not particularly funny
January 18, 2015
Fonda y Segal muy divertidos nada que ver con Leoni / Carrey.
August 22, 2014
very good and enjoyable couple movie
February 7, 2013
loved the version with Tia Leonie and Jim Carrie
December 7, 2012
Would like to see sometime!
November 4, 2012
So much better than the remake
August 16, 2012
more than just fun for the year.
December 9, 2011
The original! I loved it --- so intentionally cheesy in parts and very willing to laugh at itself. Can see why Jim Carey was cast in the remake.
June 3, 2011
Saw the Jim Carrey's version which was good!