97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Greatest: Muhammad Ali Reviews

John B

January 27, 2012
Essentially this is two films: one with fascinating footage of the time around Ali's first title triumph and then subpar footage of the reclaiming of the title from George Foreman. You can't take your eyes off of Ali inevitably. The real man is still somewhat shrouded in mystery for me. This was a good glimpse.

December 14, 2010
In this movie you can see the story told by the man himself... and played by him as well! Following young Cassius Clay`s struggle against prejudice and discrimanation from his Olympic cold win to the famous Rumble in the Jungle, the fight against George Foreman! Muhammad Ali is a natural performer and in this film he is managing not to go overboard! The best part of the script is that just concentrates itself with hard facts . I'll have to say that without Ali we would never know about him turning up at Sonny Liston`s house at the dead of night to throw insults... and that is the advantage of this movie! It is like some kind of documentary reconstruction of a remarkable life... and it`s all true!

I'll have to say that I enjoyed the performance of Phillip MacAllister playing the young Cassius Clay Jr displaying the engaging affrontery of a young talent so sure of himself that discretion in self-description knows no bounds... real Ali's characteristics which will later refine through formal discipline, professional conflicts and the controversial refusal to be inducted in the US Army.

Movie with a message... and important part of a history story which should be told!

December 14, 2010