I Crudeli (The Cruel Ones) (The Hellbenders) Reviews

Gregg D January 2, 2009
Good movie in spots but uneven. A very unsatisfactory ending. This is the last movie I saw in 2008. Saw December 31.
gagknee gagknee October 3, 2008
This is a story about some Confederate soldiers, who call themselves the Hellbenders (think Flying Hellfish), and steal a convoy of money with which they hope to revive the Civil War.

I really liked this one, because the story was original and well written and the ending caught me by surprise, which isn't hard to do admittedly (will Nemo escape? will his father find him in time? I just don't know. I just don't know).

I don't own it yet, but its definitely a contender for my collection.
Chris H April 16, 2014
A mediocre Spaghetti Western that does just enough to entertain and is held together by a villainous performance from Joseph Cotton.
Dave J Dave J ½ August 31, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(1967) The Hellbenders
SPAGETTI WESTERN

After a shooting massacre against the Yankees, the rest of the story has Joseph Cotten and his sons transporting stolen money to his cause! From Sergio Cuorbucci who made the controversial film "The Great Silence". Great musical score from Ennio Morricone. I would've given this film a pass except that it lacks some logic as well as a predictable ending!

2 out of 4
David H. David H. May 22, 2010
A grandious Italowestern by the Master Sergio Corbucci extremly Violent, with beautiful Pictures of the Nature, superb directed, shoted and acted, with a great Soundtrack and a Message of the Last Rear Up of the Dying South and the totally Break Up and once again a Clue with the Coffin