89% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Hit Reviews

April 23, 2014
Never there has been a such a brilliant performances by all the lead actors that everyone fail to overshadow the other ,This is a great movie with a very good musical score to go with the movie.
filmlover1994
April 13, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
Mike L.
December 1, 2013
8/10 Meta-noire. Both archetypical and realistic. Visually perfect with some sequences knocking you down. Dialogs are something to be surprised (style of speech and the reason for this). Every detail has it's own meaning - think about it.
October 2, 2007
Superb acting from Hurt and Stamp is enough to smooth over any rough patches.
magicstars1
October 24, 2013
A good look into important matters, but without the ending some might want. It could have ended more happily, but it also could have ended in a much more dismal manner.
October 10, 2013
A mobster turned police informant is kidnapped at gunpoint ten years later with intentions to bring him to Paris to pay for his betrayal. What appears to be a mob film turns into more of a road trip movie as the kidnappers react to various situations and possible outcomes while heading to Paris. Ok film that never quite hit the spot with me.
June 16, 2013
This was like a slow burn film about a few hit men getting revenge on a man that sold out of pals ten years prior. The four leads are all pretty good, especially Stamp. He's so good you just hope he will find a way out of his kidnapping. Roth is good as the young douche-bag in training, with Hurt being the gut running the show. The woman on the poster here wasn't all that great, mostly as she just screams Spanish half the time.

I will say it did have a few moments of amazing suspense, like the balcony scene, or the gas station scene. Very little violence for this kind of genre film can lead to a slow film, but watch it for the acting, not really the death toll.

The one thing that nixed a good half star from my review was that Stamp is so good and confident the whole time, you keep waiting for this man to pull out some tricks to get away...and the ending is very very very much a massive let down.

Kind of a crazy good Latino score as well.
Pierluigi P

April 22, 2013
Antagonizing conceptions of life and death among criminals. An stylish and multi-layered examination of that moment of truth, of coming to terms with the vague but terrifying notion of parting this world. Fantastic performances by the leading triad. Probably Frears' best and most underrated cinematic venture.
March 22, 2013
A thriller that does not overuse any cliche (if there is any), and has a good emphasis in dialogue. Great cinematography; the darker theme in contrast with the sunny weather (although I think it was a bit detrimental at times), one of my favourite directors and three of my favourite actors; what's not to love? Ohh yes, the completely unpredictable ending. I was blown away!
October 25, 2012
A philosophical mob story, with remarkable performances from John Hurt, Tim Roth, and most of all, Terrence Stamp.
November 23, 2012
tim roth is young . didnt understand the ending
November 14, 2012
Terrence Stamp was delightfully happy-go-lucky, rising above the other characters in his wit and his apathetic view towards his death. It was a great role for him. John Hurt was equally good as the cold killer, a role I would never expect him in. There were also some really cool shots. A pretty good flick.
October 27, 2012
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when" slow paced road movie. Hurt excels as the ruthless boss of the kidnapp gang assigned to bring supergrass Parker back to his former associates, for some gangland justice. Roth gives good support and a serious twitch from Laura del Sol.
September 6, 2012
Directed by Stephen Frears and produced by Jeremy Thomas from an original screenplay by Peter Prince (BBC's Oppenheimer). This is a gangster film with a twist, it's like a play on film, even though most of it takes place within the confines of a car. But, it has 3 stellar performances by 3 of the best British actors working at that time. It's powerful and suspenseful, and gangster films made today could learn something. London gangster Willie Parker (Terence Stamp) turns grass, and sends some of his fellow gangsters down in return for money from the police. 10 years later, and Parker is living a comfortable retirement in the south of Spain, but he finds himself being kidnapped by 4 Spanish youths, who hand him over to hitman Braddock (John Hurt) and his apprentice Myron (Tim Roth). They've been hired by one of the crime kingpins Parker sent down to bring him to Paris so the kingpin can kill him. On the way, they stop off in Madrid, where Braddock has a safe house. But, it's occupied by Australian gangster Harry (Bill Hunter) and his Spanish wife girlfriend Maggie (Laura del Sol). Parker tells Harry who he is, Braddock kills Harry and they kidnap Maggie and she goes along with them. It's a dark film but it's also a masterclass in acting. There's some brilliant cinematography by Mike Malloy, the film has a simple plot but it's the way Frears tells the story that makes it compelling, and there's something hypnotic and sparse about the scenes in rural Spain as they make their way for the Spanish/French border.
July 7, 2012
Willie: "It's just a moment. We're here. Then we're not here. We're somewhere else...maybe. And it's as natural as breathing. Why should we be scared?"
March 22, 2012
Really beautifully shot and with a very good soundtrack by Eric Clapton (and Roger Waters!), The Hit gives an interesting and artistic twist to classic gangster and assassination films. The three lead men perform very well as well and make this, although it is a bit strange and has some questionable plot points, a very good movie.
October 4, 2011
An existential road trip gangster movie headed with fantastic performances from Terrence Stamp, John Hurt, and Tim Roth. Its as odd as it sounds, but its a very well paced film with a great script and tons of themes about life and death. A very underrated film that is a must see for crime drama lovers.
January 8, 2012
Incredibly slow movie featuring Tim Roth with sunglasses, Terrance Stamp spouting existentialism, and John Hurt punching women. If the ending wasn't so poor this would be a new favorite.
Luke W.
December 13, 2011
A quiet thriller that is low on plot while heavy on long glances. The ending isn't really explained, leaving us to infer why the characters made their decisions, but so little is revealed about them over the course of the movie that I just stopped trying to guess altogether.