100 Degrees Below Zero Reviews

February 22, 2015
Ugh!!! WTH has happen to the world of sci fi movies...If this is the best they can do, then we're in for some rough times ahead. This movie started out so serious, that I started to expect something decent and what I got was snoozefest boring trivial huge waste of time.
October 27, 2013
This is a favorite genre of ours, so I'm probably rating it higher than it deserves, but it was fun and that's all that matters to us. Despite being silly, there was some suspense, some action here and there and Gimli even showed up for a few lines! The best part, though, had to be Fahey's son trying to set a record for most times falling down in one day!
½ October 31, 2014
It was either the acting or a very bad script or both. Worst movie of the year.
February 11, 2014
Awful. Bad script , effects and acting. Avoid like the plague.
½ April 24, 2014
Amusingly awful. A must-see with friends just to take the piss out of it.
February 6, 2014
Simply the worst movie i have ever seen.
January 28, 2014
One line summary: Family tries to reunite while natural disaster strikes Europe.

There is a huge volcanic eruption in Iceland. The resulting ash cloud heads toward Europe, and causes temperatures to drop.

Steve is flying in with his new wife Lacey. The cloud diverts his flight to London from Paris. Meanwhile, son Ryan and daughter Taryn are waiting in Paris.

Doctor Goldschein and colleagues try to predict the progress of the cooling, the volcanic eruptions, and the earthquakes. Goldschein tries to coordinate with Colonel Dillard. He predicts massive snowstorms and that the cooling will last perhaps 18 to 24 months. To make matters worse, the rising sulfide levels (?) mean that polar melt will increase, even though the air temperature is going down. Hence there will be rising sea levels to go with the snowfall. If the predictions are correct, survival in Europe will be unlikely at best: 16 inches of ash fall, many feet of snowfall, dropping temperatures.

Lacey and Steve decide to get warm clothes, and to rent a car to drive to Paris from London. Ryan and Taryn try to hole up in Paris as best they can. The US embassy has been deserted, and they head for the Louvre. Before they can leave the embassy, they get themselves trapped in a locked basement room. Then Ryan gets a big electric shock. An ER resuscitating shock machine just happens to be in a nearby room. Sure.

Steve knows Dillard from Desert Storm. They get the promise of help from Dillard, who is in Germany. Dillard offers seats to go to Australia if they can get to Paris in ten hours. They get in touch with the children and set up a rendezvous point.

Will the parents meet the kids? Will any of them reach Colonel Dillard in time?

Cinematography: 7/10 Not too bad, but has a habit of soft focus.

Sound: 6/10 Incidental music was varied between irritating and irrelevant. The actors were miked well enough.

Acting: 3/10 John Rhys-Davies and Jeff Fahey were wasted in this film. Sara Malakul Lane, Marc Ewins, and Ivan Kamaras were truly bad.

Screenplay: 4/10 How many times do the son and daughter need to fall down or say 'are you okay? In any case, the repeats were more than a bit much. How did the 'rising seas' figure into the plot? How were the planes able to fly to Australia, but not around Europe? These were not the only plot points that make no sense. For instance, during a cell phone conversation, the kids say that only the Eiffel Tower was standing whereas one's eyes show everything still standing around them.

SFX: 2/10 Hail the size of basketballs? This was mighty unconvincing. Even worse, one of them grazes Ryan and knocks him down and out. In contrast, Taryn raises her dainty foot and knocks another one away by touching it. It's nice to know that physics is controlled by PC. The CGI of storms out at sea was also beyond unbelievable. Why was there rain on the windshield during a snowstorm?
½ January 1, 2014
Truly one of the worst movies I've ever seen, from a bad script to bad acting from bad actors. How did John Rhys- Davies ever get roped into this stinker?
September 30, 2013
The acting is utterly terrible. I like the theme of the movie but the plot was extremely disappointing. The only good thing was that it was suspenseful - whether or not the kids will make it to the Eiffel Tower.
September 12, 2013
I love low budget movies. I like watching for the inconsistencies such as the earthquake scene when they forgot to shake the camera for the earthquake effects.
July 24, 2013
Awful! Supposed to be 100 degrees below zero, but these people are running around in t-shirts for hours on end! No suspense what-so-ever... Acting was horrible. I heard it was bad, so I wanted to see it...was even dumber than I expected! I would give it negative stars if it were a possibility!
July 5, 2013
Worst movie ever! Reads like a first draft by wannabe scriptwriters. Terrible dialogue. All tell and no show. Definite candidate for Razzies. A quarter of a star.
July 5, 2013
One of the most hokey movies I've ever seen. Acting was either over the top or non-existent. Continuity and editing sucked. Paris is supposed to be evacuated, and yet when "our" stars are running through the streets, buses are going by, people are milling around in the parks...just a poorly made movie with no thought process at all. On a scale of 5 stars, I give it a half a star.
½ July 3, 2013
Knew this was a movie I'd struggle through fighting not to shut off...lost that struggle 60 minutes in.
½ June 9, 2013
Horrible "special effects" and even worse acting. Don't waste your time or money.
May 4, 2013
The worst movie I have seen in years, the acting, the plot, the effects, it's not even a b movie it is c or d.
½ April 30, 2013
Wow, could really stop watching. I't so bad and full of mistakes you just waiting for the next blooper. But when the lead charachter falls on flat ground and become onconsius for the fifth time i get to be a little tiresome..
April 28, 2013
April 28, 2013
This is a seriously bad film, terrible script, very poorly acted with so much dramatic licence that it's almost comedic in places. Particularly love the part where the lead couple drive under the channel from England using the service tunnel which for the purposes of the story is a two lane road. Not even passable as a TV movie.
April 23, 2013
Pure drivel...during the Paris earthquakes, the 2 kids lurching from one side of street to the other is pure original Star Trek. Predictable and stupid beyond belief!