Indiscreet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiscreet Reviews

November 3, 2011
Director Stanley Donen manages to concoct an elegant comedy out of an extremely mundane screenplay. It all comes down to seeing the stars from Hitchcock's "Notorious" together again - this time older, but still two of the most beautiful and charismatic faces in film, only much more suave and bubbly and without the complex layers of self-destruction from the previous film. Ultimately, Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman are the only reason to justify watching this film nowadays. It's interesting to see Bergman tackling with some comedy and boy, Cary Grant can sure dance.
September 5, 2010
I really need to see this movie again, I barely remember it, but what a great combination: Grant and Bergman. I remember this being a really good movie.
jjnxn
½ September 23, 2007
Charming, lighter than air confection with ideally cast leads.
September 11, 2007
Weird movie about two middle-age people who have a have a fling on the down low. Scandal!
October 2, 2013
Sophisticated Donen boasts star power of Grant and Bergman. love the way (split-screen) that donen got around the censors of the time
½ December 1, 2012
Simple and amusing premise with a terrific chemistry between the two stars pays off with a wonderful ending.
½ April 18, 2012
I enjoyed this quite a bit, as you rarely see the love story between an older couple, especially one as classy as Grant and Bergman. The interplay between them is so much fun, and the film's settings just look amazing.

Well worth a look, give it a rental at the very least.
½ July 11, 2009
I totally love these old flicks...what a wonderful msterpiece. I absolutely love the old filmstars, the true Hollywood ladies and gentlemen. I love how they tell the tales without all the sex and language, how sophisticated they were. This story is a tale of 2 lovers with one being dishonest and the morals of their lives. Ingrid bergman was so beautiful and Cary Grant so handsome. I scuk this old movies up like a sponge. Great movie and so worth watching!!!!
½ May 1, 2009
Ingrid Bergman returns as leading lady in this play turned film adaptation with a screenplay fortunate fortunate to have bee n written byy the original author. Norman Krasna, whose creadits include 'White Christmas' and 'The Devil And Miss Jones'.
April 2, 2008
Costumes? Check. Chemistry? Check. Storyline? Not so much. This movie couldn't figure out if it was a romance, comedy, or ... what?? The last 15 minutes were particularly off-putting as the characters seemed to completely change. Ah well, the first ballgown worn by Ingrid made up for my chagrin.
½ March 30, 2008
I don't usually watch these kinds of movies but I'm glad I watched this one. Can't get enough Bergman.
March 2, 2008
CARY...we all I know how much I love Cary and Ingrid aint noe slouch...This a beautiful and humorous love story. If you haven't seen it...please do. You'll love it!
½ January 21, 2008
A little predictable, but an interesting study in how men and women keep secrets. Also, the design (set & costume) was prominent enough to be considered another character.
½ July 29, 2007
**spoiler alert** This movie is not what it appears to be at first. You will think you are watching a sad soap opera of a single woman dating a married man who cannot leave his wife. But 2/3 of the way through the film, it turns into a romantic comedy. Cary Grant is tremendously sexy as always - but also a funny bit goofy.
August 5, 2015
?????? ????????? ?????? ?????? 91 ???, ? ????? "????? ???" (? ???????? ???????????) ?? ??????, ????? ??? ???? 34. ?????????? ??????, ? ?? ??????? - ???????. ??????? ?????? ????? ?????? ??????? ? ??????????? ??????? ????? 50-?, ????? ??? ????? ?????? ?????. ???? ????? ? ??????? ??? ???? ????: ?????????? ? ?????????. ?????? ??????? ??? ? ???????? ? ??? ??????? ????????? ?????. ?????????????? ????? , ?????????????? ??????, ?????????? ??????????.
December 16, 2014
Although the plot is too light and somewhat bland comedy worth watching Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman in Technicolor, goes no further.
September 7, 2010
not particularly spicy in terms of romance or chemistry, but interesting to see what a forward woman was like in the 1950s, and also good for a light chuckle - partly for the intentional jokes in the script, and partly for the humourously banal topics of conversation between the characters at times. what are you up to? oh just about to get up. What are you doing? oh just about to have a bath. that kinda thing. Also who knew that "you hang up...no you hang up" already existed in the 1950s!
½ July 12, 2014
A delightful classic comedy romp starring 2 hollywood icons... how could u go wrong? The story is romantic, funny and feel good and Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman prove just why they were two of hollywood's finest!
½ April 30, 2014
Indiscreet is an excellent film. It is about Anna Kalman is a London based actress. Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman give amazing. The screenplay is well written. Stanley Donen did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and romance. Indiscreet is a must see.