Kidman Earns a Hefty Payday for WB's "Invasion"

Summary

Nicole Kidman will earn about $16 million to star in WB's new science fiction thriller "Invasion," says Variety. Originally planned as (yet) another remake of Jack Finney's classic "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," the WB project will now go into production as an "original screenplay" and under the directorial reins of Oliver Hirschbiegel ("Das Experiment"). Back to Article

Comments

Biggestgeekever

Zack Clark

I'm calling flop on this one.

Aug 2 - 12:23 AM

ifeanyin

e o

Please, the director is top notch, I still haven't gotten ver Downfall, the idea is brilliant, at least with this filmmaker there is a chance that characterisation will be at the forefront and not your typical Hollywood brouhaha and this is Kidman's niche. This will be wonderful IMO. Glad it is not a remake, the storyline has nothing to do with Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the title is pretty fab, Invasion.

Aug 2 - 12:45 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]nicole.....[/b]
you're career is in ruins.

Lauren Bacall's witch curse is setting in and taking hold.

Aug 2 - 06:17 AM

Vortex&Vertigo

Joel Feliciano

I absolutaly despise when people make predictions of a movie the will flop or be a hit with so little info.Please people grow up.

Aug 2 - 07:20 AM

cabezone

First Last

I absolutely despise people with poor punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Try a comma or two.

However, I do like prejudging movies with little information. I say it's going be good, but not do well at the box office.

Aug 2 - 12:19 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]So you like to criticize grammar huh?[/b]
"I absolutely despise people with poor punctuation, spelling, (unecessary comma) and grammar. Try a comma or two. (sentence fragment)

However, I do like prejudging (missing hyphen) movies with little information. I say it's going be good, but not do well (miss-matched future/present tense) at the box office. (missing hyphen)"

My command of the english language is far from perfect, so where does that leave you?

Aug 5 - 02:37 PM

Sparklemato

First Last

So you like to criticize grammar huh?
"I absolutely despise people with poor punctuation, spelling, (unecessary comma) [but not erroneous...it's called the serial comma, and it's perfectly acceptable] and grammar. Try a comma or two. (sentence fragment) [not precisely...the subject is understood to be "you"]

However, I do like prejudging (missing hyphen) [hyphen isn't necessary at all] movies with little information. I say it's going be good, but not do well (miss-matched future/present tense) [not true, and not erroneous] at the box office. (missing hyphen) [it's not at all necessary to hyphenate this compound noun]"

Posted 08/05/05 02:37:22 PM by Horstradamus

Well, my command of the English language IS close to perfect. There are many different style guides out there, and they don't even come close to agreeing on a good number of the rules. Anyhow, this is a creative forum. We aren't posting academic papers. In that respect, there's not a single thing wrong with the original writer's comments.

As for this movie, I'd say it has potential. I'm not one of those people who constantly whines about Hollywood's lack of original ideas. I've seen more than enough of Hollywood's attempts at originality, and sometimes I think it's best if the general public doesn't encourage any further attempts.

Aug 6 - 04:25 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Aw come on Nicole, you can do better than this!

I'll probably end up seeing it, because I'm a big Nicole Kidman fan, but at the same time... you can only recycle an idea so many times before it gets tired.

Aug 2 - 08:37 AM

eye_of_the_pyramid

Thornthawat Thongnab

It's Hirschbiegel. I still have faith. Downfall was spectacular.

Aug 2 - 09:23 AM

Prosper761

Brian Bara

At least it's not going to another full remake of "Body Snatchers," which has already had two (thankfully excellent) remakes. Still, Nicole does better with small, intimate dramas. She's beautiful and an excellent actress. It's a shame she wastes her talents on crap like "Bewitched" and "The Stepford Wives" (two excellent examples of why most remakes are a waste of celluloid).

Aug 2 - 09:24 AM

rcbaker87

Clay Baker

when Batman Forever came out when i was like 9, i had a crush on Nicole Kidman, know i'm 18 i have a crush on Nicole Kidman

Aug 2 - 10:02 AM

cabezone

First Last

Aug 2 - 12:19 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]So you like to criticize grammar huh?[/b]

Aug 5 - 02:37 PM

Sparklemato

First Last

So you like to criticize grammar huh?

Posted 08/05/05 02:37:22 PM by Horstradamus

Aug 6 - 04:25 PM

jsmccune

Joshua McCune

[b]Ha ha![/b]
You critcize grammar and then you FUBAR your last sentence. Funny.

Aug 3 - 11:23 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]nicole.....[/b]
I dont understand how such a bitchy bird-like creature can look so hot in black and white.

to whoever said batman forever.....she was absolutely smoking hot in that movie.

other ones...not so much.

Aug 3 - 02:57 PM

dustin

Dustin Wellman

[b]wow[/b]
wow, she earned 16 million for this?? Shes getting more money with every movie..... Im loving this idea because Nicole is such a versitile actress.... I mean she just finised FUR... a VERY SMALL movie that could win her a 2nd oscar next year from what ive read, then she goes and does a big budget movie like this?? very cool..... Why are you people calling flop on this? Its NOT a remake, i read the article, its seems very orginal and different from the others, its very interesting to think that if we were to somehow get invaded, what sort of germs or diseases they could bring, not even War of The Worlds thought of that in the big scheme, at least not until the very end which makes no sense because how could the aliens be there all that time then all of a sudden die?? Very dumb, anyway im looking foward to this.

Aug 3 - 11:23 PM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

The aliens in the War of the Worlds weren't there the entrire time, their machines were. Aliens rode lighting to show up.

Go watch the movie again if you forgot.

Aug 4 - 09:01 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

Go watch the movie again if you forgot.

Aug 4 - 09:01 AM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]So you like to criticize grammar huh?[/b]

Aug 5 - 02:37 PM

Sparklemato

First Last

So you like to criticize grammar huh?

Posted 08/05/05 02:37:22 PM by Horstradamus

Aug 6 - 04:25 PM

Sinizine

Fake Name

So, can someone tell me when ripping something off to an a smaller extent than a full blown remake would became a good thing? It might be entertaining because Invasion of the Body Snatchers scared the living crap out of me when I was a kid, but this is hardly original.

Aug 6 - 03:38 AM

Sparklemato

First Last

So you like to criticize grammar huh?

Posted 08/05/05 02:37:22 PM by Horstradamus

Aug 6 - 04:25 PM

It.

Anna C

[b]Botox[/b]
Alien VS botox

Aug 7 - 04:59 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies