63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

King Kong Reviews

teddy w.
August 18, 2014
a amazing film and special effects are bad but it was 1933 I think we can let it slide
August 27, 2007
Its most noteworthy accomplishment are its groundbreaking special effects that dazzled people in the 1930s and still hold up very well today. While its characters are more than a bit one dimensional and some of its dialog rather silly it still completely works as a thrilling monster movie with a fast paced sense of adventure that never lets up. It deserves its reputation as a classic and so many movies that came later owe so much too it.
February 15, 2010
(First and only viewing - 5/19/2010)
July 21, 2014
the original king of terror!
November 15, 2012
For a 1933 film this holds up impressively well to this day... Frankly some scenes in this film were more visually disturbing than things in modern day pictures... I mean no modern film actually shows a body hitting the ground when it falls from a cliff... It may have been Plasticine, but still... Overall, its a fun little horror picture with great movies monsters and a pretty decent story; despite early negative attitudes to women.
Furious Film Fan
May 29, 2014
"King Kong" has some impressive stop motion for it's time that will still make scenes suspenseful 'till this day, the characters are also interesting and the story is a nice twist on the Beauty & the Beast story.
December 10, 2013
Legendary! A complete master peice and my 2nd favorite movie of all time! Not much else there is to say about this gem other than unless your a snoby kid of todays generation who dosn't appreciate the classics, go see it yourslef.
May 26, 2014
the original and the best
Abc D.
May 21, 2014
As a movie, King Kong has not aged well, which is both to its advantage and its disadvantage. On the downside, it is difficult to take it seriously. On the plus side, the effects will definitely inspire some chuckles.
It does, however, have some iffy racial undertones.
filmlover1994
July 19, 2012
This Film Turned 80 Years Old Last Year In 2013.
May 15, 2014
Great classic. A must-see for those who are interested in film making.
April 24, 2014
Classics should not be remade but this is an exception, but for its time it is a marvelous achievement.
Dave J
April 17, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014

(1933) King Kong
ADVENTURE/ SUSPENSE

Very ground breaking which if people wanted to understand about science-fiction cinema in general may have started from this movie, involving using a young lady as a guinea pig to capture a very large ape before bringing it back to America, so that money can be made from it as public display. Special effects cinema has since been improved, but it was this film that had started it, and made it seem possible. From Star Wars to A Nightmare Before Christmas, the significance of this movie is vitally important to anyone who want to break into stop motion animation. I just wish I hadn't seen this plot remade on so many different times and on so many different levels from Godzilla to you name it.

3 out of 4 stars
jaloby671
April 7, 2014
Love this classic film!!!
March 31, 2014
My Grandma watched this Original Kong in the 30's & of course LOVED IT! She oftened say 'Oh that Big Ape!' Fantabulous!
March 21, 2014
Nothing but pure Hollywood spectacle, but after eighty years the film still manages to entertain. That's impressive in itself.
Bryce I

May 3, 2011
Pure Hollywood cinema in all it's glory.
December 27, 2012
4.5/5
Though outdated by today's standards, King Kong is still one of the most influential monster films.
February 24, 2014
Classic is the perfect way to describe this landmark in filmmaking.