63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

40% Intruders: Season 1
90% Outlander: Season 1

Moonraker Reviews

August 26, 2014
Despite the humour going into overdrive at times, this still remains a thoroughly entertaining and totally bonkers James Bond film.
December 3, 2012
The special effects ruined it for me. The whole movie just seemed silly and overdone.
July 15, 2014
Despite a kind of goofy outer-space ending inspired by the success of Star Wars, this is a pretty good Bond film with a really memorable villain, Drax, who lives in a gorgeous chateau, an excellent theme song sung by Shirley Bassey, and some nice gadgets. There's a great scene where Drax's henchman gets killed and, needing a replacement, he makes a phone call on which he learns that Jaws, nemesis to Bond in a previous film, is "available." In other words, this movie doesn't take itself too seriously.
Simon S.
July 12, 2014
As absurd as it can be, Moonraker's thrilling stunts, impressive special effects, and top-notch gadgetry help make it an entertaining Bond movie, and one of Roger Moore's best.
July 11, 2014
Bond goes global and beyond. The action in Brazil and Venice is excellent. Then the story of a new super race comes together and and we move into outer space and the action continues. Brilliant.
June 28, 2014
Poor plot. Poor writing. Even poorer chemistry between Roger Moore and Lois Chiles.
This movie dragged on too long during the middle, with not enough action at all. By far the worst of the Roger Moore era of Bond.
June 9, 2014
Bond goes to space in this inexplicable Star Wars knockoff. The producers dug an early draft of The Spy Who Loved Me out of the garbage, changed the name of the bad guy, didn't bother changing the henchman, and replaced the words "underwater" with "outer space." I recommend getting a few friends and a case of beer together to watch this--it approaches the "so bad it's good" genre.
May 7, 2014
The next movie after "The Spy Who Loved Me" was supposed to be "For Your Eyes Only" but thanks to the success of Star Wars the producers felt the need to capitalize with a space tale. "Moonraker" was thrust into production. The story could have been great with more time. Personally Goodhead is my favorite Bond girl (or was until Eva Green in Casino Royale). Fun to watch but the story needed some rewrites.
Landon M.
May 3, 2014
His name is Jaws (Not the shark from the horror movie "Jaws") this movie is better than Star Wars
William C.
April 21, 2014
Moonraker is a Bond film which is although far from the best, and far even from Moore's best but still manages to entertain and can be enjoyed quite a bit(if you ignore the absurdities). With a good cast and a villain that was wasted though, Moonraker is a film that will split peoples decision and some will also love it. I felt it was solidly OK-ish and maybe moving towards being OK, and here is why I felt that about it.

The story is fast and fun and although of course is a more silly, outlandish Bond plot, it can still be thoroughly entertaining. The pace is slow and takes a little while to really get stuck into the plot nevertheless it could be rewarding for some, I meanwhile felt average on that point. Finally on plot it is crazy at the end now I won't tell you, but Oh my it truly is crazy and you may see what I am talking about, it dragged it's mark down considerably which was only about a 5 minute scene.

Moore is fun of course and does what we always expect from him with his humorous performance and light hearted action, he manages an OK job, even among all the excess mess. The rest of the cast do not do that well really and although I did feel it was poor that wise, they manages to not destroy this film. Finally on the characters the villain named Drax was actually kind of a good bad guy and managed even with his bad acting performance to feel sinister and a good example of how to portray super villains.

The script is poor and very much overly trying to be humorous and just ruins the dialogues too. Directing is also poor and both contribute to the more poorer scenes, but they don't really affect it much. I did enjoy the gadgets with some cool contraption being made by not just Q but also Drax who's safe I felt was a piece of art(in film). The cinematography wasn't too bad either and with some great shots of the second half of the film, it looks pretty good along with the ridged plot.

The film is pretty poor though and most of is ridiculous, although I did say it was entertainment and that is what it is. The things I have already criticised are it's main bad points and not much else has to really be said either but if any little extra points have to be put down it is in the sense that the film continues it's point of making Bond much more lighter since Connery left his role as Bond.

Bond series film fans should enjoy as always but I believe most won't find this there favourite one of all time with it's crazy plot, even for Roger Moore as Bond!. You can enjoy it I know it and I did too but it seriously isn't near being a straight good film, could be the worst of the Bond series but that is up to you, but maybe a heads up for those hoping to watch all the Bond's, Moonraker is not up to scratch.

Overall a 5.8/10 meaning Solidly Kind of OK and with some fun parts like I was saying, it can be entertaining for those willing to just let themselves go and stop thinking about what secret agents really do in this world. I feel a good point about this is it's craze with space as Bond has never been and a Bond hasn't been set there either but it is interesting to see the sets used in space here which do turn out well, they actually possibly make the film just a little tiny but better.
Matt H.
April 19, 2014
Moonraker is implausible as hell, but still manages to entertain with its flashy gadgets and great villain. This is one of Moore's better performances as Bond.
WARP
November 13, 2009
The funniest Bond of them all but in a good way. Emily Bolton is beautiful
Sgt. Cockstrain
April 1, 2014
(66%)
(Dr Goodhead? The Austin Powers movies really did write themselves didn't they) One of the more cartoonish Bond movies, that despite a return from Jaws and some space set fun, is just a little too forgettable. The ending is more or less an exact copy of "the spy who loved me" only set in space, but there is some real enjoyment to be had here. And for sheer entertainment this really ain't too bad at all.
March 30, 2014
Ridiculous beyond belief.
shakercoola
January 11, 2014
The furthest Bond can go without being classed as send-up, Bond is at his most stereotypically heroic. It is an escapist film which Moore pulls off with great panache. While the thrills and humour are good, the tension dissipates.
February 26, 2014
A Good movie except for last 20 minutes of crazy fight in space...
Alex A
April 14, 2013
Two and a half stars goes to Roger Moore's effort to elevate the film. Either way Moonraker is for me one of the worst entries in the franchise. I didn't care one bit for the villain Hugo Drax. The only redeemable characters in this flick are Bond and Jaws in my opinion. Seriously, who thought a James Bond film in space was a good idea? The special effects, even for its time, are not impressive and completely unremarkable. When all is said and done, Moonraker is watchable and mildly entertaining, but is still one of the poorest outings of the franchise.
February 24, 2014
How bad could "Bond in Space" be? I guess pretty bad. I wanna see this remade with Daniel Craig. Watch them spend 600 million dollars making it and have it be an epic flop in every way.
March 12, 2011
As the end credits of the Spy Who Loved Me roll, they claim that For Your Eyes Only would be the next Bond film to be made. After the huge success of Star Wars however, Moonraker was put in production to try and capture the excitement of the times with science fiction and space. Moonraker starts off as an expected Bond film with espionage, gadgets and the investigation of a crazy villain. The film then goes a bit crazy with lasers ans science fiction and although somewhat entertaining it does not really work too well for a Bond film. The film really has the same plot as The Spy Who Loved Me in that instead of a villain wishing to eradicate humanity to retreat to the depths of the ocean, he wishes to do the same and retreat into space.

Bond Girl - 3/5

The actress playing the Bond Girl is of course actractive, and they really tried to keep match The Spy Who Loved Me's Barbara Bach character in having one that was intelligent and could hold her own. Unfortunately just as an actress I felt little to no intensity from her and thought many of her lines were delivered terribly.

Gadgets - 3/5

The watch blowdart gadet was used quite heavily in this movie, and Bond does not even fire or hold the infamous Walter PPK in this movie which was quite disappointing.

Villains - 3/5

Jaws returns as a villain and he is the first to do so in any of the Bond movies. He plays the exact same role, except this time he plays the muscle for a Hugo Drax instead. Hugo Drax really was an extension of the last villain with really the only improvement appearing to be that he had more wealth and could play Chopin instead of simply listen to it.

Music 3/5

Moonraker is beautifully sung by Shirley Bassey who did Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever. It still is not one of the better songs in the series.
January 5, 2014
140110: This one is a little corny but enjoyable nonetheless. Always good to see Jaws and having his loyalties tested was a nice touch. American agent Holly Goodhead is another unconvincing female second to Bond. Goodhead reminded me of Major Anya Amasova in The Spy Who Loved Me. She's just too weak.