17% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

No Man's Land Reviews

fairykisses09
June 12, 2007
ohmg...I went to go see this when I was like 10 yrs. old.
Jedirogue82
June 10, 2007
A BRILLIANT movie and a must for Porsche fans like myself.
June 6, 2007
This was a good movie.
April 23, 2007
Loved this film when I was younger. First intro to Charlie Sheen and I always used to love Porsche's so right up my street. Basic undercover cop thing but done well I think and is a firm classic in my file.
jazza923
April 15, 2007
Respectable crime thriller, good cast, especially D.B. Sweeney. he is well cast. Some great car chase sequences, good pacing and some fine editing keep this one interesting.
hbkfan91
March 28, 2007
Great movie for Porsche fans
duranfan91
March 10, 2007
Cool movies if youre a Porsche fan.
darkestchild
January 4, 2007
OMG charlie sheen is soooo hot in this movie but only because he was young
SarahJoyFrost
November 29, 2006
I'd like to see this movie!!
indium
April 24, 2006
There aren't many times when the Oscar academy gets it right, and gives awards to the people and films that are the best, normally it seems to give them to those it deems worthy or those it forgot the previous year. But every so often it does get it right and, without the 'best foreign film Oscar' tag on it, No Mans Land, could so easily have been lost in the lack of distribution that is the fate of so many other fantastic pieces of European cinema.

Fortunately the 5000 or so people that actually vote on what could be considered the world's most famous awards managed to see through the overwhelming press for the sickly sweet bubblegum fluff that was Amelie and give the Oscar to one of the best war films ever made.

The first point to be made is that it is a war film. That means blood, bullets, tanks and bombs, but, given it's setting and plot, it's surprisingly light on graphic violence and shocking imagery. What disturbing material that is there, is in the concepts, plot and dark humour.The film is set during the conflict in the former Yugoslavia and several people on the ground at the time have commented that it does portray a realistic image of what the war was like.
Two men, one from each side, are trapped in no-mans land between the enemy front lines, and the film follows roughly a day, in the complex negotiations to get them out, in the meaningless definitions of the UN's mandate, in the changing relationship between the men and in the journalistic vultures who descend on the story with out ever seeing the real story.
It has been compared to M*A*S*H* and certainly it does have similar threads of the futility and humour to the Altman classic but No Man's Land is darker, blacker and without much of the sense of hope. You sense that even rescue will not now change the course of these men's lives.

It is not a throwaway hollywood beat-em-up war film and do not expect to come out of the cinema t hinking 'that was a nice way to spend an evening. Pizza?'. It will make you think and question and it will make an impact on you. but all cinema should.

Ultimately the film is an indictment on the pointlessness and farcity of war, on the ridiculousness of making your neighbour your enemy and on trying to not get involved.