19% Transcendence Apr 18

No Way Out Reviews

garyX
garyX

December 27, 2006
Costner vehicle saved from total mediocrity by, yet again, Gene Hackman (he should've belonged to International Rescue the number of dreary Hollywood thrillers he's salvaged...) Decent twist at the end, too.
deano
deano

November 19, 2006
Tense and racy thriller in Pentagon. Sean Young's hotter in naked when she asked her close friend to borrow her apartment for a night.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

February 13, 2010
Minister of Defense David Brice (Gene Hackman) accidently kills his mistress Susan (Sean Young) and his secretary Scott Pritchard (Will Patton) devices a ploy to frame someone else. They launch a full scale investigation claiming that the man this woman was seeing was a soviet spy (Yuri) within the Pentagon and they must find this man. Brice appoints his own investigator to find the presumed killer but the catch is that the investigator is the man they're hunting for. Kevin Costner is also excellent as Tom Farrell who finds out that his girlfriend has been killed and can't show any emotion without giving up the fact that he was involved with her. Will Patton steals the show in my opinion with a brilliant portrayal of absolute loyalty.

NO WAY OUT is an almost perfect thriller about a man who finds himself entangled in a situation in which there is seemingly, well, no way out. Once the murder happens, the movie kicks into high gear keeping you on the edge of your seat. This is a riveting, thought-provoking, and fast paced thriller, with plenty of plot twists and turns and I was blown away by the surprise twist at the end.
ashley h

August 3, 2007
Very 80s,but very good. Suspense,drama and mystery. I hated Sean Young, I wanted her to die in the first bit of the movie-lol. But its a great movie. I miss the Kevin Costner of the 80's.
mattsigur1

July 3, 2010
A quintessential 80s action flick. 82/100
Anthony V

March 22, 2008
The cheat ending still makes me angry, but its fun getting there.
September 3, 2013
started out as a kinda typical love story set against a political backdrop, but then something happens and the film becomes something else, a taut suspenseful thriller that never lets up till the end, i can see why this is so highly regarded, its a great situation (well not for the characters, but def for the viewers) costner, hackman, patton and dzudnza are all good,while people might be turned off by it thikninig it's "political" its not confusing and is more focused on the characters
January 27, 2009
A good government thriller, that has a few weaknesses. I enjoyed the intel work in it, and how it gave us insights into government that I do not think I have seen before. It has an effective soundtrack that reminded me of Vangelis. Costner was fine, Hackman as well. But Patton was at his best, and this may have been his best role.

It was weakened by the meaningless love affairs and the plot twist. The twist has potential but left us with more questions than answers.
jessepichardo
January 10, 2010
One of the few good movies that this guy did. The Untouchables was the other good one but I highly recommend this one. If you watch ANY of my favorites watch this one OR Midnight Express.
March 16, 2009
Opening credits and ending scene are totally 80s cheese; the character Susan is also totally 80s. Action is timeless.
August 27, 2008
Rating this after the awkward limo scene. I don't see anything really *classic* about it. Maybe cliché or campy. Weird.
dlp1965
February 15, 2007
This was the first Kevin Costner movie I ever saw and I had a big crush on him because of this movie. Unfortunately, it is the best movie he has done and, as far as I am concerned, he went downhill from there.
princesspatricia122
March 26, 2008
Kevin Costner and Sean Young have great chemistry in this thriller with Gene Hackman as the Secretary of Defense who accidentally kills his mistress ( Sean Young ) and the subsequent cover up that ensues. Will Patton plays his driven, maniacal assistant who goes to any length to protect his career. Kevin Costner is the naval officer under his charge whom he forces to help and the twist at the end will blow your mind. !!
terryc1000
January 14, 2008
Gene Hachman and Kevin Costner is a wear-you-out thiller. This is a very good movie for Gene and Kevin fans!
soulxside
August 29, 2007
This film is really starting to show its age, but that doesn't deter me from giving it 4.5/5. This film blew me away when I saw it nearly 20 years ago. Most everyone I've shown it to since has felt the same. Some might find it too 80s and much of the cold war references might get lost with younger viewers... still, it's definitely worth a viewing.
countryhrtdgal7
July 9, 2007
I am a huge Kevin Costner fan but I was not bowled over with this one. Sean Young sure is pretty. Gene Hackman played kind of a wimp which I wasn't used to.
sleepykiss
June 3, 2007
Everyone raves about this flick. I have no idea why. Even with the one hot scene, it still bored me silly.
adecker31
February 26, 2007
Watched this with my dad when I was sick one day - 7th or 8th grade. We had a lot of fun talking about the ending.
February 15, 2007
When the Secretary of Defense accidently kills his mistress he plans a cover up to blaming another of her lovers but inadvertently puts the man he is searching for in charge of the investigation.

Not very memorable or believable.