Notorious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Notorious Reviews

January 22, 2016
Alfred Hitchcock made a number of my favorite movies but I think this might be the best of them all. If you want to know your creator and are curious about who he is and what he's up to these days this movie could help provide some clues.
August 20, 2015
Notorious is my second favorite Hitchcock film right behind Psycho.
December 10, 2015
One of the great ones, an amazing and taut story in a compact package, with two great performances.
½ September 14, 2011
Subverting all expectations, the master of suspense has once again explored the viewers' desire for perversion to offer one of the most staggering depictions of love to ever grace the silver screen. And Bergman, well, she is, indeed, an unstoppable and notorious force.
½ October 1, 2015
It takes a while for this Hitchcock film to get rolling with his expected suspense work, but that's not a mark against the fantastic actors.
September 6, 2015
Wonderful performances matched with fantastic directing, this Hitchcock film still uses suspense, but focuses more on the intriguing love triangle.
March 21, 2006
Ingrid Bergman is amazing in Hitchcock's thriller of espionage.
August 8, 2014
I knew that Hitchcock could build suspense, but I was unaware of his ability to tell a ravishing love story. Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant give fantastic performances, to drive home an excellent Hitchcock film. A thoroughly enjoyable oldie.
April 28, 2012
Often Hitchcock romances are an unnecessary shoe-in, a diversion at best and a tedious obstruction at worst; here it is essential, as tightly interwoven into the thriller as Hitchcock's deft camerawork. This is also more seamless, his trademark flourishes no longer experimental, but perfected; he has fully matured as a filmmaker and this is the start of his greatest output. After being constrained in Spellbound, this time out for the director Bergman gets to develop one of his strongest heroines, although it's Claude Rains who steals the second half of the movie with typically devilish brilliance (surely an exemplar for the great crime drama performances of the years to come).
March 11, 2015
one of my besties of my besties: thrill and romance, in chemistry ,are perfectly concocted, the tensions are well develop, like one of the 'stairs scene'. the artistry is undeniable and thematic.
March 2, 2015
Revolting piece of American propaganda.
January 20, 2015
Espias enamorados Grant y Bergman en unos roles convincentes ademàs del estupendo Claude Rains , en este inolvidable thriller.
January 6, 2015
My least favorite Hitchcock film starring Ingrid Bergman. Grand and Rains are wonderful in there roles but i felt like the suspense element was not up to par.
December 15, 2014
Great film, with masterful shots and vivid direction.
½ November 20, 2014
My favorite Hitchcock film I think. It was not as dark as some of his others, however very intense. The two main actors have great chemistry and I really liked the story.Very romantic and I love the ending too!
November 14, 2014
Great, classic film, full of tension and -- as usual -- great acting by Bergman. The direction and lighting is great as well.
October 23, 2014
84%
Saw this on 23/10/14
Like most of Hitchcock's other suspense thrillers, Notorious is wasted by an over addition of romance. The acting is quite good, Hitchcock's direction is solid, but it's not something that you have never seen before, that's the most disappointing part. Like Vertigo, Dial M for Murder and many other films of the director, this film uses more of romantic dilemma when it show aim more at suspense. Ingrid Bergman's acting kind of surprised me as her expressions were good and apt.
½ October 12, 2014
The "villain" is the most compelling character in this film and Hitchcock ensures we have sympathy for him.