Project X Reviews

½ May 20, 2015
Sign-language trained chimp is sent to strategic weapons air force training where some of his colleagues are eventually eradicated. The secret program ends up in shambles with rampaging chimpanzees vandalizing air force labs and a reluctant phone call from a lower-level staffer to the supervising colonel at 4 am. Ending with escaping chimps flying themselves in a plane to jungle freedom gives the film a Disney feel.
½ April 9, 2015
The actors and the monkeys save this otherwise average movie.
½ February 22, 2014
Helen Hunt trains a chimp to do sign language and when the school can no longer afford to keep it, it is bought by the Air Force for experimental testing. Matthew Broderick is a pilot who is sent to work on the project and slowly grows close to Virgil and learns of what ultimately happens when the chimps are subjected to radiation. He tries to help and Hunt happens to find him which felt a little off. It builds up slow and a few things that happen seem a bit odd and convenient. With that said, I still really enjoyed this and it is hard to not feel heart string pulls with this one. Not sure why this one is so negatively regarded, but I really enjoyed it even if it was a bit overdramatic in parts.
November 11, 2013
Siempre recordare la historia triste de los chimpances. No hagais pelis para ninyos si vais a causarle traumas con lacrimogenas historias de monos.
August 19, 2013
I liked it. It was sad, but I liked seeing another side of Matthew in this movie. You can start to see why Helen Hunt is so good at more serious movies with her acting in this one.
½ March 9, 2013
"Project X" reflects quality and care throughout, but its elements don't quite mesh.
July 7, 2007
Tried to be E.T., but just didn't work. Why does it have such a high rating on here?
December 29, 2012
Love this film so much haven't seen it in years hard to get old of but do u know where to get it from
½ October 25, 2012
A great 80s movie that deals with friendship, the treatment of animals, and of course the intelligence of man's closest relative.
August 31, 2012
its a good movie on monkeys
August 5, 2012
I am with the Critics on this one...the chimp Vergil acted too damn well...refreshingly new for the era it was released in...definitely worth watching once....
May 12, 2012
Great film to stumble across while channel surfing. Really does tug at your heart strings.
April 13, 2012
This was my favorite movie as a kid love love love it!
March 26, 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AN ACTUAL GOOD MOVIE WITH HIM?! IT LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT!!
March 11, 2012
As we are a Nation of discovery and science,this film makes one see if they are really trusted and worth the time.Helen Hunt plays a lady who teaches chimps sign language.Unknowingly,her cute animals are sent not to a zoo but to a military compound for experiment.Matthew Broderick is our hero,and he tries to save the animals from pending danger and harm.The viewer falls in love with these innocent creatures, and cheers at their survival.
½ February 13, 2012
Just stumbled on this movie as I was looking for the 2012 Project X. We used to call this the "monkey movie" and I had forgotten the title. I remember loving it as a kid.
January 30, 2012
It's horrible what happens to bobo
August 24, 2011
I cried a lot watching this movie. And watched it a thousand times when I was a kid... This film is one of the films that were part of my childhood!
½ July 26, 2011
Such a cute movie.loved it as a kid.