Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Reviews

DreamExtractor
August 15, 2011
The greatest christmas special of all time, a truly amazing gift to all.
December 11, 2010
The animation in this film still amazes. There's something about stop-motion and Christmas that just works so well together. Rankin and Bass successfully extend the famous song to 50 minutes of pure joy. The film is pretty bizarre at times and also manages to be scary. The face of the abominable snowman is a freaky and disturbing at first. Rudolph meets up with a number of misfits looking for their place in life. Some of the film is dated and the morals are suspect at times. Santa is a bit of a prick in this film. He shuns Rudolph in the cruelest ways, but is also mean and cantankerous to everyone. He shows no enthusiasm during the elves song, and only really pays attention to Rudolph when he needs him. A story about finding your place in life, or using people when you need them? It's open for debate. Luckily, children wont be as confused by these complex and twisted dealings going on. There's a nice pace, even if the songs sound scratchy and monotone.
September 5, 2010
This is a classic Christmas movie, I watched all the time when I was a kid, and I think kids today will continue to enjoy it. It's got good songs and great clay animation, I really like it, and I recommend it for your Christmastime viewing this year.
michael e.
½ December 2, 2010
such an adorable and heart warming childeren's Christmas classic that is enjoyable for the whole family
September 25, 2010
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is a fantastic masterpiece for kids, who will be cheering for the animation alone. As though it may often become scary to watch the animation, the story is a sure brilliant masterpiece. I love RTRNR, and I wish the never remake it, and leave this timeless masterpiece alone!
July 23, 2010
B-
November 20, 2006
I'll openly admit the high rating for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is 90% nostalgia but there's so much goofy randomness going on here that you'd almost have to be a total fool not to laugh at it. I challenge you not to laugh at the part where Yukon Cornelius licks his pick axe
MeetMeinMontauk
½ May 24, 2009
Great early stop motion!
½ December 20, 2007
Claymation and Christmas just go together. But it was Burl Ives' singing that really made this memorable.
½ July 14, 2007
It's special times indeed when I'm watching this fantasy Christmas special. I like Yukon Cornelius and the abominable snowman. The Island of Misfit Toys was totally cute.
½ January 31, 2007
You have to watch these during christmas.
sanjurosamurai
January 23, 2007
christmas classic
January 22, 2007
You can't argue with the movie's stopping power, but I have trouble getting over the fact that Rudolph was and always has been a marketing ploy.
December 2, 2011
The greatest christmas special of all time, a truly amazing gift to all.
May 15, 2011
A wonderful Christmas special.
September 28, 2011
Rudolph may get old after you watch it every year, but it still is what it is. It sets such a calm mood and light air of Christmas and winter time with a confection that is not seen anywhere else. Though Hermie is still an oddball
February 28, 2009
I love, love, love this movie. It is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time.
DrStrangeblog
½ December 18, 2008
That Abominable Snowman is freakin' scary when you're 8.
alanjayh
July 25, 2008
outdated, basic animated film..but still a must see for the kids
½ February 23, 2008
a kyle must in our house during the xmas season