Silver Streak (1976)
Average Rating: 6.5/10
Reviews Counted: 17
Fresh: 15 | Rotten: 2
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 0
Average Rating: 3.4/5
User Ratings: 8,757
While taking a train trip from L.A. to Chicago, mild-mannered George Caldwell (Gene Wilder) makes the acquaintance of Hilly Burns (Jill Clayburgh). As they indulge in a brief bit of spooning, Hilly tells George that her boss is on the verge of exposing a group of vicious art forgers. Later that evening, George sees the body of Hilly's boss being thrown off of the train. Detective Sweet (Ned Beatty) agrees to investigate, but he too is bumped off. The instigator of these outrages is master forger
Dec 3, 1976 Wide
Dec 14, 2004
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
Delos V. Smith
Fat Man #1
Nick Stewart [Nicode...
Lee Mc Laughlin
Fat Man #2
Latest News on Silver Streak
December 12, 2005:Richard Pryor Passes Away at 65
Richard Pryor passed away yesterday morning, and while he's probably best remembered for his...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Unfortunately this 30+ year old comedy-murder mystery has dated, but Wilder and Pryor are great in first pairing.
Hitchcockian in nature, the film goes down very pleasantly with just the right mix of humor and suspense.
...the entire film might just be worth a look for the sequence in which Pryor teaches Wilder how to be black.
All for fun and fun for all ...
flashes of genius
A nifty little Hitchcock knockoff, with great chemistry between Wilder and Pryor.
Amusing comedy, but Pryor is not in it enough. Once they're together, it's gold.
The beginning of the perfectly splendid comic duo of Wilder and Pryor. And man, do I ever miss them.
Audience Reviews for Silver Streak
- George Caldwell: [Grover has just told George they have to jump from the train] No! I've left this train twice already!
- Sheriff Chauncey: Hello, Car 36, what the hell happened to you guys?
- Grover Muldoon: [into the radio] Hey Chauncey, this is Grover T. Muldoon. You wanna know what happened? We just whooped your ass. We whooped your ass. Ha ha ha!
- Sheriff Chauncey: Is he with the feds?
- George Caldwell: Who?
- Sheriff Chauncey: This guy Rembrandt.
- George Caldwell: Rembrandt is dead.
- Sheriff Chauncey: Dead? That makes four.
- George Caldwell: [each time he jumps, falls, is thrown or is pushed off the train] Son of a bitch!
Discuss Silver Streak on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Trans-Amerika-Express (Silver Streak) (DE)
- Transamerica Express (FR)