• PG-13, 1 hr. 38 min.

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Summer School Reviews

July 16, 2013
A solidly enjoyable 80's comedy. While it does not do anything spectacular, it does just enough to keep you entertained.
July 2, 2013
Enjoyable summer movie for those who hated going to school in the summer can relate to. School phys ed teacher, who really shouldn't be teaching in the first place is given an odd ball group of misfits and tries to help them pass their english exams in 6 weeks. goofy fun with Harmon charming as ever.
June 23, 2013
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
May 12, 2013
This comedy has elements from the "teen movie" genre and "inspirational teacher" subgenre while outgrowing them both. I find those elements usually annoying but in this case the comedic angle makes them funny and hides the clumsy handling they usually receive. The storyline is about an uninvolved gym teacher with a rather "laisser-faire" style who is tasked with a summer remedial english class. He makes deals with his students in order to convince them of studying and, in the end, everybody improves, including the teacher.
October 5, 2007
Don't know how I managed to never see this in 25 years.
February 2, 2013
My all time favorite movie! Underated. big time!
January 26, 2013
Just out for a lark this movie hits the mark. Usual sappy moments but you remember the laughs a whole lot more :)
April 3, 2012
Summer School is your typical 80s comedy, little substance, stupid humor and lots of fun. Nothing screams greatness but it gives a few good laughs and some fun characters. It is what was and is expected from 80s flicks.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
July 2, 2007
I thought this was great back in the day. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hold up today though.
October 20, 2012
Havia teeeempos que não assistia esse filme, classico de sessão da tarde.
adoro..
"o cara que passou 6 semanas no banheiro tirou 91"
Red L

September 18, 2012
I passed this while channel skipping on TV, and it looked like a young Jethro Gibbs. Sure enough Gibbs (Mark Harmon) - 25 years younger - is the main actor in this movie about a phys-ed teacher getting through to a bunch of remedial students.
July 23, 2012
A very funny film about a coach who has to teach summer school. I love the gore scene in the movie. CLASSIC!
December 4, 2011
FUNNY,AND IT HAS GOOD MESSAGES ABOUT NOT GIVING UP. THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!! You also had to love Chainsaw and Dave. They were AWESOME!!! (:
minorbrandi
April 28, 2012
i really want to see it
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

July 13, 2009
Cast: Mark Harmon, Kirstie Alley, Robin Thomas, Patrick Labyorteaux, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Dean Cameron, Gary Riley, Kelly Jo Minter, Richard Steven Horvitz, Fabiana Udenio, Francis X. McCarthy, Tom Troupe, Lucy Lee Flippin, Ken Olandt, Shawnee Smith

Director: Carl Reiner

Summary: When school lets out for the summer, gym teacher Freddy Shoop can't wait to hightail it to Hawaii with his girlfriend for a vacation. But when the teacher who's supposed to teach remedial English wins the lottery, Shoop gets roped into the job.

My Thoughts: "One of my favorites from the 80's. It's funny, silly, and predictable. The character's are not that fascinating, but they're fun and so is the movie. The movie always puts me in a good mood after seeing it. It's a reminder of how simple a great teen comedy film use to be before it was all about sex and drugs. Just a simple fun film. See it if you haven't had the chance and if your a fan of 80's cinema like myself."
April 12, 2012
Everyone please take your seats.... Where should we take them?
February 1, 2012
Gym teacher teaches mentally handicapped children how to read.