That Darn Cat! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Darn Cat! Reviews

April 23, 2014
"That Darn Cat!" is a true Disney classic, with so much wit and humor that you just have to love it. At some points, you might even laugh out loud. I've seen this movie countless times, because it's just that good.
½ March 15, 2014
Perfectly satisfying light suspense/comedy populated with a bevy of actors I always enjoy watching: Dean Jones, Roddy McDowall, William Demarest, Frank Gorshin, and Ed Wynn. The cat is guided through a good, engaging performance and there are greater threats and danger than we generally remember or expect from 60s Disney fare.
January 6, 2014
Really good classic movie, as i watched this over on Film4 (movie channel on Sky).
February 18, 2010
A live action Disney classic with a great cast. Dean Jones and Hayley Mills are the perfect team, and when you consider that this is the first Disney outing for Jones and the last for Mills this is a real treat for the Disney lover. (First viewing - In my early mid-twenties)
December 12, 2013
(Upcoming Review) Rating: 9.1/10 Overview: As far as Disney's classic live-action films, Such as 2000 Leagues Under the Sea, Mary Poppins, (etc), that Darn Cat, demonstrates a cleverness within the story, and the events that follow through (how one leads to another). Putting laughs and suspense in a winning combination. Well done, Disney.
½ August 25, 2013
Enjoyable crime comedy from Disney with Hayley Mills stuck somewhere between being a teenager and an adult.
August 18, 2013
Fantastic fun, as movies all should be!
March 10, 2013
A sadly overlooked Disney classic blend between nail-biting suspense and absolutely uproarious comedy. The FBI agent's tailing of the cat never fails to crack me up. The drive-in scene is a masterpiece of slapstick, and the final woman-following-boy-following-girl-following-man-following-cat climactic chase will most likely make you die laughing.
½ January 8, 2013
That Darn Cat! Walt Disney Productions feature film directed by Robert Stevenson. Starring Hayley Mills, Dean Jones. Film is based on the book Undercover Cat by Gordon and Mildred Gordon.

a Siamese cat D.C. living with two sisters owned by Patti (Haley Mills) follows a bank robber back to his apartment, where he and his partner are holding a bank-teller prisoner. The teller begins to scratch the world "help" on the back of her watch and attaches it to the cat's collar - Patti finds the message and brings it to Zeke(Dean Jones), an FBI agent who's then assigned to follow D.C., even though he's allergic to cats.

I was surprised to be entertained by this film, it hits on the nails with comedic approach, and what an interesting job to gather funny characters all aboard the ship and start sailing. Everyone in this movie is wholly fun to watch; they all realized what the Disney film actually should be like. One of the great early Disney live-action films. A good family-ride!
½ December 31, 2012
One of the best--and most underrated of Disney live action comedies from the 1960s, with director Robert Stevenson (MARY POPPINS) handling everything with class and sophistication. This was Hayley Mills final Disney role, and she is as irresistible as ever; it's clear she was ready to move on at this point. Solid support from Roddy McDowell, Dean Jones, and Ed Wynn. However, the real star is the cat, a prowling Siamese more smart than the average cat. No goofy voices here, as we simply follow the cat as he gets involved in a kidnapping ring. No masterpiece perhaps, but it's absolute classic compared to the horribly executed 1997 remake, where the cat is no longer the lead character and thus, not nearly as interesting. Here is one "family film" that lives up to its promise: great fun from start to finish.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
December 6, 2011
I liked this movie, it's better than the remake, it's a ok movie but I don't think I'll watch it again though, it starred Hayley Mills, Dean Jones, Roddy McDowall starred in it, I forgot Roddy starred in it
½ October 24, 2012
One part kitty, one part great supporting cast.
October 19, 2012
Cute movie for kids.
½ August 26, 2012
Classic Disney family movie with great acting by that darn cat!
August 23, 2012
The original & still the best.
April 16, 2011
This is one of the best films I have seen, it's very funny in the sort of whimsical way which you should be aspiring to appreciate--it is also a compelling and well-paced thriller with plenty of menace and mounting tension. Hayley Mills is excellent; the main bloke (the one who is an F.B.I. agent) is very good; the one who is Hayley Mills' boyfriend is fantastic, very very funny; Roddy McDowall is always adequate; the sister is quite good; Elsa Lanchester is great; the one who is Elsa Lanchester's husband is also really good--I don't know his name but I saw him in an episode of The Twilight Zone or one of those shows the other day and he was very good there too; the main baddie is excellent, very scary; Frank Gorshin is the other baddie who is a bit nicer but also dangerous! ...And of course this film is notable because it also features a cat, which is very rare; the cat is actually not that great, it's in some ways the weakest member of the cast and doesn't really pull its weight--it's not a cute cat (which is good): that would have been an elementary error, all the same it gives a lacklustre and disinterested performance reminiscent of recent Robert de Niro roles. Let's not worry about that though, this film is bloody brilliant and you must all try to see it if you haven't already. Yes!!
July 18, 2012
Hope the kids like it!!
May 16, 2012
a really good old movie
½ May 3, 2012
this is a reminder of how no stunt doubles, effects and strings can make comedy seem more real. the side characters make this work. the big downside through is the hayley mills character does nothing but lie to get her way and is never punished proving a big flaw in a still good comedy