90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

Narrow Margin Reviews

garyX
garyX

December 30, 2006
A 50s film noir is remade into a by the numbers thriller. Not terrible, but there's nothing here we haven't seen a hundred times before.
deano
deano

December 14, 2006
A fine thriller in a train with Gene Hackman and Anne Archer have to play cat-and-mouse with the thugs who've boarded it to eliminate them.
Fascade F

January 14, 2010
What an incredible gripping tale of the limits a man will go to protect a witness to the prosecution of a murder case. This is one edge of your seat thriller that gently lets go of your emotions at the very end.
Anthony V

June 3, 2008
Nowhere near as good as the original.
December 26, 2008
This film hooked my interest from almost the very beginning. While the premise was interesting, the actual script and execution left something to be desired. The dialog wasn't exactly bad but it wasn't great either. I enjoyed Gene Hackman's performance along with Anne Archer's but...I'm not sure if it was the script or if the actors decided to just do a bare minimum, run-of-the-mill job. I think their performances reflected the quality of writing. Don't get me wrong - I like both Hackman & Archer. This movie, though, just didn't take advantage of their real potential. I thought the actors portraying the assassins did a rather nice job. All in all, I'm glad I watched this film because it was a bit suspenseful...but I'm also glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater.
June 6, 2013
Dumb B movie with some moody atmospherics (nearly the entire film takes place on a train) and typically engrossing performance by Hackman. One of the most low-key thrillers you're likely to see.
Matthew J.
November 25, 2012
'Narrow Margin' is a downright unbelievable thriller from the usually good Peter Hyams.
July 20, 2011
One of the most underrated suspense thrillers of the 90's
Dave J
April 28, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

(1990) Narrow Margin

ACTION

Plot synopsis taken strictly from the 1952 original, but this time they're some entertaining action sequences espeically the scene involving on top of an ongoing train. The main difference with the 1952 original as opposed to this remake is that this remake lacks alot of hard grittiness- where the witness Carol (Anne Archer) always acts so helpless until Robert (Gene Hackman) always have to save her, which makes the characters extremely one - note and predictable. The way to see this one is by remote control with the fast- forward button to see the physical action sequences!!

3/4
Jake
July 26, 2009
An underrated thriller with a great lead cast and a couple of sweet action scenes.
jazza923
January 22, 2006
6.5/10 Solid action thriller, with an exceptional performance by Gene Hackman. Well paced, not too long, nice setting on a train. Suspenseful.